Yellow | Teamster freight members ratify yrcw restructuring plan

The reality of all of this is, it doesn't matter if the concessions passed or not. A NO vote meant the end of Teamster freight very quickly. A YES vote also means the end of Teamster freight further down the road (If we just sit on our behinds and moan and groan). What do we have to offer the non-unions now? ABF can't float all boats. Right now, from where I see it, it is time for all of us who have been riding the sweat equity of our fathers and grandfathers (I too am 3rd generation) to begin the long struggle ourselves to bring Teamsters Freight back to where it once was. We might not see it in the near future but our posterity just might have a union left they can work with and grow.

I may not be the brightest star in the sky,but I don't recall the law that requires you to give an employer two weeks notice. My understanding is that it's a courtesy-and considering the fact that YRC doesn't extend any courtesies to its employees,I don't feel obligated.As for the company doing the hiring,I would presume they know where you are coming from.So why not turn a buck while looking?

Your probably right.... But you know, your kids are what you teach them.... I guess im my parents kid!... I was taught to not burn a bridge unless you have no other choice!, so giving a 2 week notice usually leaves the door open to come back if need be, or this company hits the lotto and actually becomes a good company to work for again! that has about the same odds as hitting the lotto!! but there playing, so ya never know!

Your probably right.... But you know, your kids are what you teach them.... I guess im my parents kid!... I was taught to not burn a bridge unless you have no other choice!, so giving a 2 week notice usually leaves the door open to come back if need be, or this company hits the lotto and actually becomes a good company to work for again! that has about the same odds as hitting the lotto!! but there playing, so ya never know!

I understand what you're saying,but consider this:why take a job knowing that you would leave it if your former employer called you back? Don't you think that's unfair to the employer doing the hiring? They may have been able to get a "lifer" as an employee rather than a temp.

The reality of all of this is, it doesn't matter if the concessions passed or not. A NO vote meant the end of Teamster freight very quickly. A YES vote also means the end of Teamster freight further down the road (If we just sit on our behinds and moan and groan). What do we have to offer the non-unions now? ABF can't float all boats. Right now, from where I see it, it is time for all of us who have been riding the sweat equity of our fathers and grandfathers (I too am 3rd generation) to begin the long struggle ourselves to bring Teamsters Freight back to where it once was. We might not see it in the near future but our posterity just might have a union left they can work with and grow.

Not me, I'm done promoting the union or the company......I voted no....That vote was honestly a vote to try to keep the union from going under!.... the yes votes were done to preserve there jobs for personal reasons.... now that the vote is done, and the yes has won it.. its time for this No voter to look out for himself!! im sure all the arguments will do a flip now... the yes voters will be telling me to stand with them and not be selfish... and I will be telling them, this is just a job now not a future.. a unstable one at that.. and the teamsters is just one of those annoying monthly bills that you cant wait to get rid of!

How do we start a vote for de-certification? The international OBVIOUSLY represents the company and itself. Will Mr. Johnson show "equal sacrifice" and give p some of his pensions?

The company and the teamsters are one now.With a 30% stake and 2 board seats. Its all about the dues baby !

...Our Teamster Leadership negotiated long and hard to get the best deal that would satisfy the company(the Banks and noteholders) and would keep us on the job, to hopefully get back on our feet as a viable company in this tough economy.
A no vote in this present economy, with no decent jobs available on the outside was just too much risk..it's not the "old days"..there is no going back to the table..the lenders and noteholders hold all the cards..as proven by the recent approval of the $350 million credit line...CONTINGENT on the approval of the Restructuring Plan which gives YRC the capital to go forward and keep us in business.
NO one, including myself likes the situation..but why give up after coming this far, for basically a weeks vacation, and screw myself and my family, lose my home , etc.
Alot of NO voters don't seem to believe anything anyone tells them about the financial state of the company..even though outside analyists have been brought in to assess the financial state of YRC..there is no hope for anyone that thinks they are constsntly being lied to..who thinks their finalcial expertise and analysis is more accurate than professional analytical firms who have all the facts and figures.
I and a lot of my buddies was considering a no vote until getting the facts..it was not worth the risk!..Live to fight another day..ALWAYS FIGHT(NEGOTIATE)FROM A POSITION OF STRENGTH NOT WEAKNESS..Teamster Power Will Rise Again!

Everyone wonders how, with all these people saying they voted no, how could this have passed? They sent out 39,000 ballots. Only 25,000 are working for YRCW, and will be effected by the new work rules, and pay cuts. The others are retirees, and ex laid off employees, that they knew would vote yes. The laid off ones with hopes to get called back, and the retirees worried about losing half of their pension. I do not believe the retirees should have received a ballot, because the work rules and pay cuts have nothing to do with them. But YRCW wanted their yes votes. I do not critisize their votes, whether yes or not. They have their own reasons. But YRCW, and the IBT, knew what they were doing when they mailed those ballots. And you have to remember this, all involved in the counting of the ballots, were IBT and YRCW officials. ALL of who wanted this to pass. It was sure to pass no matter how we voted. Those of you saying we should demand a re-vote, they would get the very same results! They would make sure of that. Its a done deal, adjust, and deal with it. I hate this as much as everyone, but I will still ride this ship till is sinks. And I did vote no, if you are wondering. Good luck to all.

the people who retired should not vote period. I told you the vote was fixed, do you think the teamsters who are crook's would give up 20 million a year in dues.

I thought all the strikes walkouts and everything else was done to back the Teamsters !! do you think the Teamsters are now giving bad advice ? do you think if YRC goes out the union will last at all ? so it's Okay to be a Teamster as long as you get your way ? the Teamsters said we need to make this deal, so let's make it, and see what happens

Everyone wonders how, with all these people saying they voted no, how could this have passed? They sent out 39,000 ballots. Only 25,000 are working for YRCW, and will be effected by the new work rules, and pay cuts. The others are retirees, and ex laid off employees, that they knew would vote yes. The laid off ones with hopes to get called back, and the retirees worried about losing half of their pension. I do not believe the retirees should have received a ballot, because the work rules and pay cuts have nothing to do with them. But YRCW wanted their yes votes. I do not critisize their votes, whether yes or not. They have their own reasons. But YRCW, and the IBT, knew what they were doing when they mailed those ballots. And you have to remember this, all involved in the counting of the ballots, were IBT and YRCW officials. ALL of who wanted this to pass. It was sure to pass no matter how we voted. Those of you saying we should demand a re-vote, they would get the very same results! They would make sure of that. Its a done deal, adjust, and deal with it. I hate this as much as everyone, but I will still ride this ship till is sinks. And I did vote no, if you are wondering. Good luck to all.
Renegade, the way I understand it is only current dues paying members votes would be counted. So even though retirees got ballots, if returned they would be discarded. I'm retired for almost a year and received a ballot which I threw away because I felt it was right for the working people to decide this issue. I later learned that my vote wouldn't have been counted anyway. That being said, had I voted it would have been a NO vote. Locking in the cuts for 5yrs. and the deterioration in working conditions was too big a pill for me to swallow. Don't assume that all retirees would have voted yes. I had 38yrs. as a Teamster. The first 15yrs. I was on call 24 hrs. a day 7 days a week. The pay cuts MAY come back some day but working conditions.....you give them up, kiss them goodbye.

The conspiracy theory about vote counting does not fly here...counting was done by an independent firm..and was overseen by company and teamster members..including our own KK who is an honorable man.

The conspiracy theory about vote counting does not fly here...counting was done by an independent firm..and was overseen by company and teamster members..including our own KK who is an honorable man.

I agree about KK being honorable.... but he wasn't there.... heres a post he posted in another thread

Kennesaw Kid
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by annieo
Good luck to all youz guyz on which ever way this thing goes...............If your in DC observing, Go see KK at the ZOO across from the National Zoo...it's a hoot.
Not there this time my dear.....I will be playing at The Headroom in Acworth, GA Saturday night....got 2 members up there odserving and reporting all details when available....KK

electra, I do not dislike you, but that was a cruel thing to say today, even thou it may or many not be true. Shame on you.

I am sorry if it came over as a cruel way but I am simply stating the truth........I am hoping and praying everyday that everyone can retire someday and I am sorry if I offended you......You are right.....sorry.........E

Look for YRCW to report great earnings near the end of this week and their stock price will soar off the backs of the yes votes...........I am not kidding........nuff said

Look for YRCW to report great earnings near the end of this week and their stock price will soar off the backs of the yes votes...........I am not kidding........nuff said

Estimates have already been released by YRCW Oct. 18. YRCW will claim a 18-22 million loss this 3rd quarter.

How do we start a vote for de-certification? The international OBVIOUSLY represents the company and itself. Will Mr. Johnson show "equal sacrifice" and give p some of his pensions?

ahem! Johnson and all the other union underlings need to give up as much, I don't see them putting their living on the line....