Teamster health care

So Mark how is he wrong? Looks like to me the track record of Teamsters in transportation STINKS !!

Can the teamsters give me something in writing stating what the drivers are going to get? So far it's just a lot of hot air and false promises !! Get it in writing !

Track record ? The unions made your living better...without unions -- non-union companies would take advantage of their employees--if you think that unions dont help you your ignorant. Great example is whats going on right now at ncty. And why do you think theres a vote ? The people have spoken and are standing up for themselves !!!

No only 60 out of the 220 have signed a card son and my third grade math tells me that is less than 1/2 of the drivers. I never signed and I will tell all to vote NO. So less than half have spoken and on the 10th the rest of us will have our say when we tell you to pound sand and go away to organize fed ex or some nurses etc etc .

actually TEAMSTERFOREVER ....Very simply put for you: Many of the companies the union has unionized CANT compete in a competitive market.

The Motor Carrier Act deregulated interstate trucking. Government control of the trucking industry stopped and non-union competition increased. Competition from NON union companies drove UNION companies out of business...

and there lies a great reason why we dont need a union

demeaning the 60 that have signed does not say alot . if that # is correct then thats a third of the employees that are not happy..33%...now sir you do the math....

Yup and 33 % won't get it done. And son nobody is demeaning the 33 % of the drivers that signed the cards. I think if they knew the truth and didn't believe the horse crap that is being fed to them it would be more like 15 %.

YOU seem like a big jock supporter for the union why don't YOU ask them to put it in writing what they are promising the drivers ? Why can't I get it in writing what you say they are going to get us !

If I told you 158 signed u wouldn't believe us. You two knuckle heads don't believe anything
So if only 60 signed why are you two sweating it out so much?
Go play solitaire on the company computer.... You two darksky and jbusy12 have no clue.

Why can't you answer my question about getting it writing ? And son if you got the 158 you wouldn't need an election that is just basic union stuff.

Now back to my question you can have my vote if you get your promises in writing can you do that ?

Son ? , 33% if that # is accurate is enough for you to be still posting and spewing your hate....whats the truth NCTY is feeding you...oh yea, YRC is in big trouble --their the benchmark for Unions...unions are terrible, they dont help,waaa,waaa,waaa.....your irrellevant and ignorant . i'm a big jock supporter of the working man brother--we all need a little help.

Yup but I don't need a 3rd party telling me what I need son I am a big boy I can handle the truth.

And since you CANT put what you promise in writing well then it's pretty simple decision.

Put the promises in writing an you have my vote see how simple that is !!

If you read I am not anti anything BUT I am very much PRO-TRUTH and this is all BS.

darksky, what has New Century promised you...a job????? Did they ever promise you a raise????? Did they ever promise you lower healthcare costs???? If you are not making top rate did they ever promise you that you will??????? Did they ever promise you a run based on seniority????? Did they ever even post a seniority list so you would know where you stood to possible get a start time and run consistent to your years of service?????? Are you that naive to believe that New Century will reward all of you for NOT voting the union in???? Be prepared because if this doesn't go through, once again you will open to major changes that THEY CAN IMPLEMENT with no recourse from you. Good luck with all New Century's empty promises... they are in the driver's seat!

They promised me that if I work hard do the right thing by showing up not crashing taking care if our customers that I would have a job for a long time. So that's what I do & I got a nice safe bonus last year and will get one this year. So all the stuff your promising sounds great.

BUT if it's not in writing then I am calling BS period end of sentence.

It's nappy time now fellows sorry I can't stay and **** chat anymore !

Writing we the drivers need it in writing simple stuff Mark.

so nothing in writing then? obviously thats a no

in reality you are "promising everything" whereas you cant deliver on it all. too many variables for you to deliver on...and thats why you cant promise anyone anything.

what you can Guarantee is that you will be a mediator... and thats not necessary

i can guarantee you know nothing about a union and how they work and why the good workers at NCTY asked for representation...that i do know !!

Everybody stop answering darksky at this point he's obviously a no vote or magmnt
He keeps asking the same questions over and over and over!!!!
Nct has nothing in writing for you now!! So if you don't want the unions help vote no and go away!!!
Hope everyone stops answering him it's getting old...

Also cards signed is to show that the employees want union representation there has to be an election
With the labor board present!!! Dope!!!! Son!!!! You guys are clueless

so then you do know that a union will promise many things and deliver on possibly one or two of the promises and herald it as a major victory?

the last one i worked for sent out a "survey" which was Bull btw asking what the members wanted to vote on increasing or addressing in the contact negotiation/renegotiation

1: pay increase (Everyone voted for this)......NEVER got an improvedment
2: longer break time very popular (never got any attention)
3: 401 k investment/pension....got some attention and incremental changes
4: vacation/personal days: NEVER changed
5. medical/dental/vision/legal (some improvents)

want to know what i did notice? the dues increasing and the hostility stemming from Union leaders telling us that they were representing us well

B<>S ALL THE WAY

im usually very laid back but this conversation is getting crazy

really union carriers are so healthy? you must have missed all these wonderful teamster companies...NO LONGER IN BUSINESS

COMPANY APPROX # OF Employees

1 P.I.E. Nationwide 17,593
2 Consolidated Freightways 15,500
3 McLean Trucking Co. 14,530
4 American Freight System 10,981
5 Spector Redball 7,610
6 Maislin Transport 6,375
7 Hall's Motor Transit 5,809
8 Interstate Motor Freight 5,536
9 Preston Trucking 5,500
10 Transcon Lines 4,817
11 Lee Way Motor Frt. 4,139