Teamster pension advocate sees ‘hints’ that Central States cuts will be rejected

Discussion in 'Central States Pension Fund Discussion' started by Freightmaster1, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Freightmaster1

Freightmaster1 Well-Known Member

2. hemorrhoid

hemorrhoid Active Member

One can only hope.....

ESP likes this.
  3. ESP

ESP Well-Known Member

The biggest problem is the Math. The fix still needs to be made. My only hope is that they send it back to the Senate and come up with a plan that makes the plan fair. No age protections, no Orphan issue,no UPS issue. Everybody takes the same percentage cuts. Where one is protected there is another who takes a bigger cut. My biggest fear is that those who are in charge think they know it all and no one else has a clue. We will know in less than a week. We have had a year and a half to get prepared for this, I wish you all well and God Bless.

jimmy g, freight jockey and Crystal like this.
  4. freight jockey

freight jockey Active Member

Great Post ESP !

I agree 100 % - Make the cuts even across the board and no member gets treated differently than the next.

In addition Central States Pension fund's operations need to be leaned out and their operational expenses reduced. Shoving Nyhan & Co. out the door would be a good start, unless he has arranged for some astronomical golden parachute for himself which wouldn't surprise me.

jimmy g and ESP like this.