TForce | Teamster Pension

steve5 said:
I don't know what GT is talking about, the new IH's 10-1100 series and up have a great ride to them, (except for the 3axle conventionals) I hope with this change over they at least keep sending the nice equipment.
Like I said the ones with noses are livable......I have 10-1241 and get real pissed when it is used by someone else or even looked at. I also had 21-939, 21-941 both 3 axles and they were just fine.....It all depends on your weight and where it is at in the trailer. 20k on the front box and hammer down.....Steve I don't b$tch that much do I???? I know I do!!!!

steve5 said:
GT, you aren't getting thin skinned are you? I'm just bustin' your chops.

I think we all know most of us are just "razzin" each other. We can take it as well as dish it out.:rolleyes:

The old MC guys have a lot in common, or I mean we used to till they took it away....:duh:

WIGGLEWAGON said:
I think we all know most of us are just "razzin" each other. We can take it as well as dish it out.:rolleyes:

The old MC guys have a lot in common, or I mean we used to till they took it away....:duh:
Not for long. I think Big Brown Brother is listening and will make it all better.(with the help of the teamsters)

steve5 said:
Not for long. I think Big Brown Brother is listening and will make it all better.(with the help of the teamsters)
It's about time. :bgroovy: Besides, we get to go to negotiation if the cards get signed. We will have a say in our wage package. In my opinion that will include the delay issue as well as the other issues......:bgroovy: :bgroovy:

Talked with a UPS Feeder Driver and asked him if that was his truck that he was driving. He said, "At UPS you are not assigned trucks, but that trucks are assigned to runs. You drive whatever truck they tell you to drive." Your problem could be solved. PS. The driver said that UPS Employees do not get to go to contract negotations. Only the union business agent goes.

Ok, here goes. As far as what contract you'll be under, can we all atleast agree it will be under NMFA? If so, just ask what your local has already, cause thats what you'll get. As far as delay, drops/hooks, yadda yadda, its already covered. Your local, and you'll belong to one established already, unless for some reason there is none near you, Will already have an established local agreement. Most likely the first contract will see to any needs of your particular situation, which probably be already covered.
So go to the local or the website of your local, and get a copy of the contract, and most importantly, the supplemental agreement. This is the part that differs from every local. It sees to your specific needs and wants.All of you read it, then pick someone you trust to act as a steward, and he can work with the local as to your needs, if possible.

I understand from a UPS Feeder driver, that the Menlo drivers are union and they pick up freight but are not part of the NMFA they have their own contract.

serta said:
Ok, here goes. As far as what contract you'll be under, can we all atleast agree it will be under NMFA? If so, just ask what your local has already, cause thats what you'll get. As far as delay, drops/hooks, yadda yadda, its already covered. Your local, and you'll belong to one established already, unless for some reason there is none near you, Will already have an established local agreement. Most likely the first contract will see to any needs of your particular situation, which probably be already covered.
So go to the local or the website of your local, and get a copy of the contract, and most importantly, the supplemental agreement. This is the part that differs from every local. It sees to your specific needs and wants.All of you read it, then pick someone you trust to act as a steward, and he can work with the local as to your needs, if possible.

I got me steel toes on can I be steward......PLEASE!!!!!

A good steward is someone that has no fear of the TM

and doesn't play favorits.
Some one everyone can trust that he,or she will look out for everyones best interests.
It also helps to have some one that can read,and know the rules of the contract your working under.

Some times stewards start out on a good foot,but after awhile they may let you down.

Just saying a real good steward is hard to find.

When your a Teamster the relationship with the TM isn't an open door.

You bring your concerns to your steward,and he,or she will deal with the TM.
After the smoke clears you'll get an apology from your TM for messing you over.

Well thats what should happen but doesn't always work.
Working in a Teamster company is much different than non-union,so get ready to see some changes,maybe good,or bad?

Apostolic said:
Some one everyone can trust that he,or she will look out for everyones best interests.
It also helps to have some one that can read,and know the rules of the contract your working under.

Some times stewards start out on a good foot,but after awhile they may let you down.

Working in a Teamster company is much different than non-union,so get ready to see some changes,maybe good,or bad?
You be surprised at how open that door is now adays. Not always mind you, but its open. We have a better partnership now then before, still not perfect, but definitely more livable then ever before.

bamaboy said:
I understand from a UPS Feeder driver, that the Menlo drivers are union and they pick up freight but are not part of the NMFA they have their own contract.
While I know nothing about them, thought they were logistics, but have no clue. And are they teamsters or another union?

Apostolic said:

You are quite right about the qualities and attributes of a shop steward. The main key is that he know the language of the contract like the back of his hand. Next is that he stand up for everyone fairly and defend you when needed, but to also point out when a greivence or a dispute is warranted or not.

Secondly, I have found that as the years go by, it has become easier to talk with the upper management, without the need of a steward, than in the past. Remember also, that you do not need your steward for every conversation you have with TM's or ATM's. However, it is mandatory to have a steward or his assistant present with you in the event of any type of disciplinary action or questioning.

serta said:
While I know nothing about them, thought they were logistics, but have no clue. And are they teamsters or another union?
MENLO is now UPS custom cartage
They are, in Atlanta anyway, Teamster's. The rumor is, they will fall under our 08 contract:bgroovy:

krash said:
MENLO is now UPS custom cartage
They are, in Atlanta anyway, Teamster's. The rumor is, they will fall under our 08 contract:bgroovy:
NIce!
Glad to have them aboard! Were they part of ccx at one point?