TForce | Teamster Pension

krash said:
MENLO is now UPS custom cartage
They are, in Atlanta anyway, Teamster's. The rumor is, they will fall under our 08 contract:bgroovy:

If I had a guarantee UPSF would fall under UPS 08 contract I would look at it differently.
But the LTL master freight forget it.

Most of the guys in the real world off this board that is agree with me. We want to be tied with UPS for strength and unity.

krash said:
They we're a CF company, formerly known as Emery Air Frieght. Changed to MENLO(?) shortly after the doors were closed on CF
A driver I know has been running freight from Emery WW for years out of Inglewood and SLC and they were cutoff 2 weeks ago. Who's running the line freight now? Premium sleepers or what? UPSF isn't running it right?

Skeeter said:
If I had a guarantee UPSF would fall under UPS 08 contract I would look at it differently.
What is wrong with the NMFA ? Afterall, you are a freight company, not a package company. I still don't think you see the big picture ... UPS intends to grow UPSF into a world class company, they will not abandon you for any reason. Read the contract language and you will see the differences between the two contracts .... one is set up for package delivery, the other for the LTL freight industry.
Most of the guys in the real world off this board that is agree with me. We want to be tied with UPS for strength and unity.
You will be tied with UPS for strength and unity .... You will be Teamsters with a solid contract and owned by the largest, most respected company in the freight and package world.

Skeeter said:

It's really a non-issue.
We will not fall into the parcel agreement.
UPS is not going to pay us parcel wages to haul freight.

They didn't buy us to take a loss,so their is no way they can pay us what they pay thier parcel empoyees.
There is alot more money in packages than there is in freight.

I really expect (if we go union)to see us in a new agreement,separate from freight and parcel.
We will play the waiting game...although I don't think we will get 50%+1 at my house....:bgroovy: :bgroovy:

Skeeter said:

I agree Skeeter...UPS 08 contract or nothing.No LTL master freight agreement...:duh:

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
It's really a non-issue.
We will not fall into the parcel agreement.
UPS is not going to pay us parcel wages to haul freight.

They didn't buy us to take a loss,so their is no way they can pay us what they pay thier parcel empoyees.
There is alot more money in packages than there is in freight.

I really expect (if we go union)to see us in a new agreement,separate from freight and parcel.
We will play the waiting game...although I don't think we will get 50%+1 at my house....:bgroovy: :bgroovy:
I think the union is going to find it hard to get 50%+1 at more than 90% of the terminals...:smilie_132:

Johnnybegood said:
I think the union is going to find it hard to get 50%+1 at more than 90% of the terminals...:smilie_132:

Heck, I will take 90% ANYTIME!

Out of 15,000, that comes to 13,500 for the union? 90% win ratio? Give it to me!.....:smilie_132:

Kennesaw Kid said:
Heck, I will take 90% ANYTIME!

Out of 15,000, that comes to 13,500 for the union? 90% win ratio? Give it to me!.....:smilie_132:

You miss-read his statement.
He said "I think the union is going to find it hard to get 50%+1 at more than 90% of the terminals..."

he is saying more than 90% may not go...not the opposite.

3 of the largest terminals will never vote for the union and maybe some of the other larger ones....harrisburg, charlotte and gaffney.......they're only gonna get a piece of the pie.....everything is negotiable....everything!!!!!!!!!there are literally thousands of employees who have 25 years or more with the company. their ages are 55 and up and they have absolutely nothing to gain by going union.

i can see smaller terminals going and then they'll probably run the freight around them.

skeeterhawk said:
3 of the largest terminals will never vote for the union and maybe some of the other larger ones....harrisburg, charlotte and gaffney.......they're only gonna get a piece of the pie.....everything is negotiable....everything!!!!!!!!!there are literally thousands of employees who have 25 years or more with the company. their ages are 55 and up and they have absolutely nothing to gain by going union.

i can see smaller terminals going and then they'll probably run the freight around them.

I would say the mid west and maybe some small terminals here on the east.

The only scary thing,even at the big terminals is the fact that they hired a bunch of union guys when CF went out,and we have hired some ABF and Big R guys,but I still don't think it will be near 50% at my house.

What does the size of the terminal have to do with wether it votes yes or no ?? Just curious as to your thinking.

usf-indy said:
What does the size of the terminal have to do with wether it votes yes or no ?? Just curious as to your thinking.

I guess my thinking is at the larger terminals,the better part of 50% are guys that were here in past attempts and survived,and hopefully still want no part of organization.
Not sure what the turnover rate is on the dock though.
Guess that is what could swing it.

And the fact that it may be harder to get 50% of 500 than it is to get 50% of 30.

Maybe Im thinking wrong...or maybe its just wishfull thinking...LOL

Skeeter said:

I agre with you....Fully....We fall in the middle of everything...UPS on the right....freight on the left....

I would say the mid west and maybe some small terminals here on the east.

The only scary thing,even at the big terminals is the fact that they hired a bunch of union guys when CF went out,and we have hired some ABF and Big R guys,but I still don't think it will be near 50% at my house.
Why is this scary? If they are employees at this point their opinion is as important as yours or mine. Or are they like MC peolpe...just an unwanted child.....Me or them are just as important as every other employee that works here....Why do we constantly talk about each other like we are talking about aliens?????

greezy trucker said:
Why is this scary? If they are employees at this point their opinion is as important as yours or mine. Or are they like MC peolpe...just an unwanted child.....Me or them are just as important as every other employee that works here....Why do we constantly talk about each other like we are talking about aliens?????

If I sound like I'm degrading anyone,I certainly don't mean to...Hell my best friend at my terminal is a former CF union steward.

My only point when I mention the former union guys that were hired is whether or not they would be enough to push the number over 50%,if they were so inclined as to sign cards.

In no way am I saying their opinions don't count...just playing the numbers game....I would say that at least a third (or better) of our road board are guys that have been in the union at one time or another.

I mean if we go union,I'm not going to go out and shoot myself...LOL..I just hope it doesn't come to that.

You miss-read his statement.
He said "I think the union is going to find it hard to get 50%+1 at more than 90% of the terminals..."

he is saying more than 90% may not go...not the opposite.
You are correct...Thanks for explaining...:biglaugh:

skeeterhawk said:

I agree last time we went around many terminals......:duh: