Central Transport | Teamsters 745 and EEOC looking@vitran Dallas

reinstate fulltime dockworkers, but hire older employees instead of young punks. sick and tired of these young clowns hauling ass on the forklifts, damaging freight and loading the trailers stupidly. at my terminal, i think these kids bought all the k2 supply up before it was outlawed. maybe making the terminals smoke free would be a good idea too, always see dockworkers standing outside making a smoke cloud when they should be working and i know it's not their break.

Actually, all terminals are suppose to be tobacco free zones (meaning you cannot smoke in parking lot in your own vehicle) BUT, it is up to each TM to decide. Here we have so many uppers who smoke, it is a serious interruption to the logistics flow, never fails to call in for something while customer is standing there, oh, so and so it outside on break, I will have him call you back (I leave and then don't answer the phone for awhile, when I do, tell them it is to late now, customer released me even madder than before, good job) I used to smoke and chew years ago, and I understand, BUT, I was never allowed to other than my 15 or lunch breaks, these people do it whenever it hits them.

New VP of the SW region made a visit to Dallas today...You know I wondered why the dock looked so good...apron cleaned and all the OS&D freight just seemed to disappear...Trapped on a trailer somewhere in the yard with no access i suppose...Wonder if he ever thought about coming down unannounced...????

Management doesnt always go the extra mile...But they sure demand that we do...I say do your best, not because your work is worth it, but because you are. Whatever you are doing, you are developing character. Half-hearted work makes only half a man. Slipshod methods mean loose principles. The only way to keep character up to the standard is by continually living up to the highest standard in all that you do. People who never do any more than they get paid for, never get paid for any more than they do. Sometimes you have to go the extra mile in order to succeed..By listening to your employee's and understanding that their input is just as important as his college educated team member. I'm saddened by the profound stupidity of people and their egos. Managers condescending attitude's when employee's are just trying to be helpful, with useful suggestion's. In the end when it's all said and done, whether this company succeeds or fails will depend on one thing...This companies ability's to listen to their employee's without them fearing retaliation from managers..To work as a team...And keep the egos in check..We are a team member..Treat us as such...Learn humility and stop thinking you are better than us. Humility is not an easy thing for a self-absorbed arrogant manager to find. But for the sake of this company Chris needs to find them and remove them..Before they destroy Vitran Express. Don't beat us down..Lift us up..And we all will win.

Last edited by a moderator:
Management doesnt always go the extra mile...But they sure demand that we do...I say do your best, not because your work is worth it, but because you are. Whatever you are doing, you are developing character. Half-hearted work makes only half a man. Slipshod methods mean loose principles. The only way to keep character up to the standard is by continually living up to the highest standard in all that you do. People who never do any more than they get paid for, never get paid for any more than they do. Sometimes you have to go the extra mile in order to succeed..By listening to your employee's and understanding that their input is just as important as his college educated team member. I'm saddened by the profound stupidity of people and their egos. Managers condescending attitude's when employee's are just trying to be helpful, with useful suggestion's. In the end when it's all said and done, whether this company succeeds or fails will depend on one thing...This companies ability's to listen to their employee's without them fearing retaliation from managers..To work as a team...And keep the egos in check..We are a team member..Treat us as such...Learn humility and stop thinking you are better than us. Humility is not an easy thing for a self-absorbed arrogant manager to find. But for the sake of this company Chris needs to find them and remove them..Before they destroy Vitran Express. Don't beat us down..Lift us up..And we all will win.
Funny how we are at the end of national truck drivers appreciation week and there hasn't been even a slight mention of it anywhere that I'm aware of.

Funny how we are at the end of national truck drivers appreciation week and there hasn't been even a slight mention of it anywhere that I'm aware of.
I know of 3 LTL trucking companies that held cookouts at the terminals in Dallas....Southeastern...Estes...Old Dominion...Its pathetic..Lets you know where we rate in the over all picture....Excuse me R&L had one too..That makes 4...

That has to be the best paragrapgh I have read on here yet. Good job.

I know of 3 LTL trucking companies that held cookouts at the terminals in Dallas....Southeastern...Estes...Old Dominion...Its pathetic..Lets you know where we rate in the over all picture....Excuse me R&L had one too..That makes 4...

Ain't that the truth, and to bad, a good or bad driver (and dispatcher) makes the company

we will show our appreciation in 2013. thankyou and remember to always chase greatness. - chris

a couple boxes of hot dogs and buns, and a damaged box of ketchup packets in os&d would go along way in peoples minds. i figure around 50 bux for the whole thing. but since u said 2013 chris, that will work for me. thank you chris and believe me I am chasing greatness:horse****:

I think we are all chasing greatness, the only problem I see right now is our trucks only do 62 and greatness is doing 90+

Some say that all we will ever do is chase greatness...That we will never catch it..That it will always elude us....

teamsters there r plenty of unions out there that r willing to form a collective bargining unit maybe one will be coming to a terminal near u we should look at all that r willing after all anything the company is willing to spend millions to keep u from getting must mean its good for us u knowhelp us achieve greatness pay for what u do seniority rights u know all the greatness

if the union talk got more popular at alot of terminals, Its my personal opinion, that vitran would lock the gates, It is struggling enough. they wouldnt make it, like I said its my personal opinion, but whats to say that the union wouldnt make it better, I for one always said this one thing, if you start working for a company that is already a union shop well thats good for you, but trying to get a union in a non-union company, after we just came out of one of the worst depressions america has ever seen, and we still arent out of the woods witht that yet, especially when we the people of this great nation has no idea which way this country is headed, you know with the election and all, but back to the point I was trying to make, trying to get a union in at this moment in time would be job *******......

The union has tried three times to get in Dallas but couldnt get enough people to take it to a vote..They stood at the gates trying to convince people in 2008 but could not get enough people...They are desperate for more union dues ...I think they have finally given up...Overnite workers tried for years to get the union in...and failed...Overnite spent millions in attorney fee's to keep them out..and succeeded...Funny after all that money spent they went union after being bought out by UPS....But when your number one in the world the union is no threat to UPS....Although im not in favor of a union...we as truck drivers should thank them because they are the reason the LTL business pays so well in general...They forced the non-union LTL companies to stay competitive and stay close to the union scale...Funny after all they did to keep wages high they are making less than we are in some states...The Local 745 in Tx is part of the Central states region...and we make more than YRC..So go figure...The union has its place..Just not at Vitran Express...So men...Thank your Local Union...Love them or hate them they are the reason you are not making 14 or 15 dollars an hour...like so many other tractor trailer drivers make out of the LTL field. It could be alot worse so be thankful the union stood up for us...The Unions are for the people...and they have kept these greedy owner's from really putting it to us, look at the history of unions and you would see why they were created in the first place...

i dont think teamsters is a good fit here ethier but there r others that r these folks dont want to play fair anymore where is a copy of the company rules? thats wright there isnt one because they change them as needed money aside your job is day by day you have no more security than if you were working as a temp really is this how you want to live maybe today is your day that new manager dosent like the way you comb your hair or he thinks you wrote this and poof you r gone

Don't be bullied.. All the security you need lies within yourself...