Yellow | Teamsters and YRCW Reach Tentative Agreement

One can only imagine what is in this agreement - you can bet it isn't good for the members - Yellow & union leadership have been in bed together for many years.

As we all know, once you give up something in this industry, you can kiss it goodbye. I fear we will NEVER return to the wages and benefits we once enjoyed only 2 short years ago-even if the economy somehow miraculously rebounds or the company starts reaping record profits. The goal of a successful business is to MAXIMIZE PROFITS to appease shareholders. By squeezing the blue collar grunts, that is exactly whats happening here. Get ready for all the "YRC needs this or it cannot survive " rhetoric. It will seem like a broken record, which , unfortunately, we have all heard before. Sorry for such a gloomy post, but this is our reality. I am sure as hell not giving up anything else. My well has run dry. At least I will be holding my head tall in the unemployment line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Scrabble,
I know and feel your mistrust and by experience I know you are right on. I want to suggest only because I'm now retired, but please consider this angle first. The company will never change
but if they ask for another cut in pay say $10 a week. I would rather make $13 to $15 per hour than nothing. Jobs are hard to come by right now. Stay on the payroll at all cost and maybe something will open up a little down the road. Good Luck to all of you.
P.S. Don't count on Local 745 helping

If there is already a tentative agreement,Why are we paying for the 2 man committees to fly to Dallas. So they can have a vacation on us ??!! F%7# YRC and the IBT.

Re-entry into multi-employer pension funds...Not bad...Brightest ray of sunshine in a while...Remember gang,we turn the corner on this bad economy and things will turn for the better....KEEP THE FAITH!...

Re-entry into pension plans should be top priority but who knows what kind of sacrafices will be needed for this to happen...........Cant wait till next week...........nuff said......

Isn't this just a numbers game? How do you figure this is going to be a ray of sunshine if you get your pension payments back and maybe they get the work rules adjusted to their liking? It means a loss somewhere as in jobs, healthcare costs, wages or something unkown. It doesn't take a math genious to figure out they are cutting something if they save $350 million.

Re-entry into pension plans should be top priority but who knows what kind of sacrafices will be needed for this to happen...........Cant wait till next week...........nuff said......

good question--what could it cost? a $2.00 an hr cut ?

images

Hey! Does anybody know what the stock options are worth. So far its been said no wages, so where do you come up with 350 million?

If there is already a tentative agreement,Why are we paying for the 2 man committees to fly to Dallas. So they can have a vacation on us ??!! F%7# YRC and the IBT.

The TA was bewteen YRC and The IBT....just like the NMFA...when it was TA'd...the 2-man Committee met and it was explained to them and then the members met...and then you got to vote....nothing different....and for your information....I fly out from Atlanta at 10 AM...get to the meeting and fly back out at 5 PM and will get back home 830 PM that same night and will go to YRC and let the members know what I found out on the way home....then we will meet at Local 728 on 10/3 to go over everything....ain't any time for a vacation as you claim....quit drinking the Kool-Aid and go to YOUR meeting and question those who were there for you.....KK

Last edited by a moderator:
The TA was bewteen YRC and The IBT....just like the NMFA...when it was TA'd...the 2-man Committee met and it was explained to them and then the members met...and then you got to vote....nothing different....and for your information....I fly out from Atlanta at 10 AM...get to the meeting and fly back out at 5 PM and will get back home 830 PM that same night and will go to YRC and let the members know what I found out on the way home....then we will meet at Local 728 on 10/3 to go over everything....ain't any time for a vacation as you claim....quit drinking the Kool-Aid and go to YOUR meeting and question those who were there for you.....KK
Nicely put KK!

Hi Scrabble,
I know and feel your mistrust and by experience I know you are right on. I want to suggest only because I'm now retired, but please consider this angle first. The company will never change
but if they ask for another cut in pay say $10 a week. I would rather make $13 to $15 per hour than nothing. Jobs are hard to come by right now. Stay on the payroll at all cost and maybe something will open up a little down the road. Good Luck to all of you.
P.S. Don't count on Local 745 helping

I have to agree with you Jugs. I am also retired. I hate it for these guys that are working. They are losing a lot. But, as you say, jobs are hard to find. Myself, I would rather face reductions, hopefully to some day get them back. I would rather be working around something I am familar with than start something new on the bottom that could be worse. Good luck to all and God bless.

Hey! Does anybody know what the stock options are worth. So far its been said no wages, so where do you come up with 350 million?

Keep in mind how much money can be saved by YRCW if:

Possibility # 1. Major "work rule changes" are allowed to take place. Company limits are removed. (34 hour restart rule, road drivers dropping & hooking themselves, road drivers doing unlimited drops between terminals and so on. You name the rule and it may be changed to save the company money.)

Possibility # 2. Maximum weeks of Vacation, "Vacation Limits".

Possibility # 3. Reduced or elimination of "Sick Days".

When you're taking it from so many people it adds up very fast.

This is just to give you an ideal of "other ways" for YRCW to get the money they want.

good job KK, we all know that you will give it to us straight.

Keep in mind how much money can be saved by YRCW if:

Possibility # 1. Major "work rule changes" are allowed to take place. Company limits are removed. (34 hour restart rule, road drivers dropping & hooking themselves, road drivers doing unlimited drops between terminals and so on. You name the rule and it may be changed to save the company money.)

Possibility # 2. Maximum weeks of Vacation, "Vacation Limits".

Possibility # 3. Reduced or elimination of "Sick Days".

When you're taking it from so many people it adds up very fast.

This is just to give you an ideal of "other ways" for YRCW to get the money they want.

If you want the company to become profitable-Why not get some work rule changes? Road drivers dropping and hooking themselves? Why not? Let them work instead of being paid to sit in the breakroom waiting for someone to do it for them. Look at the other LTL's, they are making it work! We atre losing more and more market share to them because they can do it for less.
I think we can change some of the rules and keep the wages wherte they are at if not bring them back to where the should be by the end of the contract.
What is(were) YRCW paying for pension- $160 a week? Whose making the money on that? Sure as hell not us ! We have pension cuts coming because IBT(us) let them out of paying the pensions for 18 months. Why don't we have 401K's paying into an account weekly of $100 that is in our name that we can take with us anywhere we go? That saves $60 X 20K+ union employees. That's a chunk of change right there !!!

Aren't we limited on vacation time already by contract terms?

Reduce or eliminate sick days? - I don't see either of those happening.

The company needs to give up just like they ask us to. We all know that the game we play with management trying to get free money because they didn't do something by the contract terms, and yet they turn around and write us up for every stupid item.

After all is said and done- IF WE DON'T CHANGE-THE COMPANY WON'T BE HERE. I am suprised it still is. I've been laid off 16 months and I don't like working my non union gig !!!