Yellow | Teamsters Endorse Hillary Clinton for President

You don't have to be a union guy to understand the frustration you guys are going through. You can close your eyes, pretend that everything is honky dory fine, vote for Hillary, and have confidence in whoever takes over as IBT President or whatever the title is or you can open your eyes and ask yourself one simple question. How the hell do I get off of this path because it is heading straight over the cliff?
Good luck, gentleman.

Please refresh my memory, it is really not that good (ask my wife), what did Bill Clinton do for us? I can't help but think with the current weakness of the Teamsters and many other unions that no one has done a whole heck of a lot for the Union members in the last thirty or forty years.
When I asked this question I was really being serious. If Bill Clinton helped the Teamsters in some way I would really like to know. I do not remember any of the last half dozen or so Presidents doing anything for us, I can remember some of them saying they were going to when running for President but I can not remember any of them actually coming through once they were elected. I am still kind of on the fence about who I am going to vote for, I really think both of these two are below average candidates probably way below average. If Bill Clinton actually did something good for the Teamsters I might consider voting for his wife, but I really do not remember him doing anything?

its about time the union got it right. Hillary in 2016
I am still on the fence and can not really get excited about either of these candidates, can you tell me why you really like Hillary? I am talking specifics are there things that you really fell she will do for the working man or the country that would persuade someone else to vote for her? The only thing I ever hear from either side is how bad the other side is but I never really hear that if one candidate or the other wins they will help the working man. Please don't just generalize and say a candidate will bring jobs back to America or talk that "hope and change" crap. Is there a specific program or agenda or plan that Clinton or Trump has to actually help the working man?

It's all most unbelievable that in 7 pages of comments no one has even mentioned that the next President will be appointing who will set on the Supreme Court and the NLRB. That who Trump or Hillary would appoint would make no difference. That these two Government bodies are just some minor after thought.

Have you see the list of Judges that Trump has said he would appoint? HAVE YOU SEEN THE LIST? Really? Do you understand how much harder it will be if the NLRB is turned into a anti-Union board? The Supreme Court into a Company love fest? We just now after 7 years have an NLRB that has been issuing favorable decisions for Labor. It has taken a very long time to get a pro labor majority on the Board. And many if not all of those will need to be upheld in a Court.

You don't think theses decisions have a direct impact on what will happen with your pension? On organizing?

OMFG
I really dislike Hillary, but the points you bring up is why I will be voting for her. Unfortunately the things you just addressed are way over most people in this unions heads. Make America great again is about as deep a concept as their minds can grasp.

I really dislike Hillary, but the points you bring up is why I will be voting for her. Unfortunately the things you just addressed are way over most people in this unions heads. Make America great again is about as deep a concept as their minds can grasp.
I disagree that it is over peoples heads, I think that three quarters of the people just vote D or R and do not care what the person says or does. If you put a R after Hillary's name and a D after Trump's name I believe at least half of the people would switch candidates and probably more.

Please refresh my memory, it is really not that good (ask my wife), what did Bill Clinton do for us? I can't help but think with the current weakness of the Teamsters and many other unions that no one has done a whole heck of a lot for the Union members in the last thirty or forty years.
In a gesture meant to signify the end of 12 years of hostility between government and organized labor President Clinton lifted the ban on hiring air traffic controllers fired by former President Ronald Reagan when they went on strike. 1993.

First and foremost we as a nation must vote.It's our duty.Secondly the President of the United States is separate from our Teamster presidency.Both are important but as far as being union member and part of the labor force we need to elect a good labor president.Plausibly one that has union experience and is a union card carrier before the prospective president runs for our union.Also a union president that isn't a corporate lawyer.

feelthejohnson.jpg

In a gesture meant to signify the end of 12 years of hostility between government and organized labor President Clinton lifted the ban on hiring air traffic controllers fired by former President Ronald Reagan when they went on strike. 1993.
Well that helped me a lot, did he do anything for us?

I was going to give Johnson a real chance at earning my vote, I made sure I listened to his interview on TV and all he wanted to talk about was legalizing pot. Any candidate who gets his chance to talk on National TV and only wants to talk about pot is not my candidate for President. I did chuckle at the picture though!

First and foremost we as a nation must vote.It's our duty.Secondly the President of the United States is separate from our Teamster presidency.Both are important but as far as being union member and part of the labor force we need to elect a good labor president.Plausibly one that has union experience and is a union card carrier before the prospective president runs for our union.Also a union president that isn't a corporate lawyer.
I am sure it will be a fair and honest election held by the Teamsters!

A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent.
Kinda like your Church going =Salvation statement. There are plenty of Church goers Hell-Bound... we all have the same chance to repent and change. 99% of the world never will.

Kinda like your Church going =Salvation statement. There are plenty of Church goers Hell-Bound... we all have the same chance to repent and change. 99% of the world never will.
Gosh . We were just talking about that jimmy. I am very confident when I go south, there will be many church going people I know down there.

At least Trump is for FAIR TRADE.....Hillary is for TPP.....more jobs getting sent overseas. I wouldn't worry about "right to work" laws.....I would worry first about keeping our jobs in the country. We just lost Carrier in Indiana to Mexico..... $3/hr labor is what they are getting down at the Mexico Carrier plant. Also.....Indiana is a right to work state....Union or no union....those jobs were leaving. Better wake up people!

Have you seen the amount of products that have Trump's name on it that are make in other countries and not the USA, look it up, the list is too long to print.