Teamsters Extend Oak Harbor Freight Lines Strike to California and Nevada

:1036316054: But dont pick on USF, i happen to work there!!!:1036316054:

Okay...okay. One of my closest friends is in Bakersfield Reddaway. That's how I know what's going on there. I am hoping that things are better there than they are here. The indication is that USF is one place that striking Teamsters may not have an option to go to in the event that they need a job. USF will likely be bringing their own drivers back before hiring.

Okay...okay. One of my closest friends is in Bakersfield Reddaway. That's how I know what's going on there. I am hoping that things are better there than they are here. The indication is that USF is one place that striking Teamsters may not have an option to go to in the event that they need a job. USF will likely be bringing their own drivers back before hiring.

Bakersfield lost about 2/3rd's of their freight to the new Santa Maria terminal.

Bakersfield lost about 2/3rd's of their freight to the new Santa Maria terminal.

That is true. It is also true that there are more drivers laid off than drivers in Santa Maria. We have three brand new OHFL drivers that were laid off from Reddaway (albeit not in Bakersfield.)

BTW I'm not trying to start anything. Like I said, I have several friends driving for Reddaway. I just thought it may be prudent to point out that carriers may not be looking for new drivers. It is probably moot since the condition exists here and evidently not in the northwest.