Yellow | Teamsters For A Democratic Union

bubbadog121

TB Veteran
Credits
I was wondering what your thoughts were regarding the TDU or Teamsters for a Democraic Union?

On one hand I have benefitted from some of the info on their web site, but on the other, having a sub-union within a union could weaken unity.

Your thoughts?

I was wondering what your thoughts were regarding the TDU or Teamsters for a Democraic Union?

On one hand I have benefitted from some of the info on their web site, but on the other, having a sub-union within a union could weaken unity.

Your thoughts?

TDU WILL NEVER WIN UNITY IS WITH THE TEAMSTERS ALWAYS HAS BEEN. TDU IS JUST A BUNCH OF FOLKS WHO CANT GET ALONG WITH THE TEAMSTERS AND IS PROBABLY FUNDED BY RON CAREY WHO STOLE ALL THE TEAMSTERS MONEY.

Seems to me and I could be wrong but didn't TDU get their start with Teamsters Local 299 in Detroit Michigan? And wasn't one of their first candidates for the presidency of Local 299 Pete Karagosian?

The Main problem I can think of with the TDU is they keep putting up useless canidates that couldn't even dream of beating Hoffa. It seems kinda stupid to waste the money on elections if the canidate isn't even viable. I do favor having a choice in the election over a shoe in canidate because there is noone running against him. Their website tells you a lot of info on different stuff like the $78,000 raise Hoffa gave himself. Maybe he deserves it? I dunno. I know the percentage of my raise vs. his raise is vastly different ignoring the actual dollar amount. I think I got a 2% raise.

TDU WILL NEVER WIN UNITY IS WITH THE TEAMSTERS ALWAYS HAS BEEN. TDU IS JUST A BUNCH OF FOLKS WHO CANT GET ALONG WITH THE TEAMSTERS AND IS PROBABLY FUNDED BY RON CAREY WHO STOLE ALL THE TEAMSTERS MONEY.

tdu lets the members know whats really goin on. the union tells ya what ya wanna hear and then @#%*@s ya. this last contract shows that!!! the company should make hoffa the president of yrc. hes gotta be on the payroll already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The TDU is just another group that wants power, but that is a good thing for us becuase competition between tdu and IBT means they are gonna tell on eachother and we will have the truth in front of us.

If we had one without the other We would have no checks and balances in the union.

Good point

The TDU is just another group that wants power, but that is a good thing for us becuase competition between tdu and IBT means they are gonna tell on eachother and we will have the truth in front of us.

If we had one without the other We would have no checks and balances in the union.

Good point:1036316054:

useless

the only picket line i have ever crossed in my life was one by TDU members in front of local 71 in charlotte nc. I will never vote for or respect a TDU after that. The place for a problem within the local should be inside the hall,not outside

the only picket line i have ever crossed in my life was one by TDU members in front of local 71 in charlotte nc. I will never vote for or respect a TDU after that. The place for a problem within the local should be inside the hall,not outside
Amen Brother. TDU is any Companies best friend when they're trying to squash an organizing attempt. They simply show the employees all the crying and whining done by some Teamsters and ask them if they want to be like that. Just one big way, out of many, that TDU hurts us all.

Amen Brother. TDU is any Companies best friend when they're trying to squash an organizing attempt. They simply show the employees all the crying and whining done by some Teamsters and ask them if they want to be like that. Just one big way, out of many, that TDU hurts us all.

It's funny you mention organizing because that's exactly the reason I was in charlotte at the time. I was going to a union meeting as a guest of local 71. Needless to say the campaign took a huge turn for the worse after that picket line was shown on tv.

It's funny you mention organizing because that's exactly the reason I was in charlotte at the time. I was going to a union meeting as a guest of local 71. Needless to say the campaign took a huge turn for the worse after that picket line was shown on tv.
And deep down that's what TDU wanted. They want nobody who isn't a part of their tiny group to do anything good for the Teamsters so that they can attempt to get their stooges elected and when that has happened in the past the Local boots the stooges out in the next election almost every time.

"The IBT supported the employers’ demands. In July 1983, Teamster President Jackie Presser proposed a special freight “relief rider” that would cut wages by up to 35 percent and establish two-tier wages. TDU launched a national campaign to defeat the relief rider and save the National Master Freight Agreement. It worked. The membership rejected the concessionary rider by a vote of 94,086 to 13,082. Business Week called it “A real slap in the face for Jackie Presser.”

Teamsters for a Democratic Union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And deep down that's what TDU wanted. They want nobody who isn't a part of their tiny group to do anything good for the Teamsters so that they can attempt to get their stooges elected and when that has happened in the past the Local boots the stooges out in the next election almost every time.

What is with this thing under dudes name that says "Banned"? Did he do something to somehow get banned? Curious minds want to know.

The results are in.....

Well,
The results are in and.......We still can't seem to make up our minds:hysterical:

At the time of my writing 22 think the TDU is positive and 22 think it is negative!

:toxic::chairshot:lets start a "teamsters for a republican union"(borac husseine obamma)please people get a clue! i know for fact that 49%of teamsters are conservitive.most are veterans :USA:.hoffa was for drilling (for oil)now he 's not!what a liberal pimp!!:tongue0002:

Teamsters for a Democratic Union..................Democratic as in "government by the people; especially : rule of the majority" Not meaning one of the two major political parties in the United States.

Sheesh.......:duh:.......DS.