Holland | Teamsters Gain Greater Union Power at USF Bestway-Locals in California Sign Up New Fr

HillBilly Frog

TB Veteran
Credits
Teamsters Gain Greater Union Power at USF Bestway-Locals in California Sign Up New Freight Members
PR Newswire
2006/07/31 14:31:00

MODESTO, Calif., July 31, 2006 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- A unit of 28 USF Bestway workers at the Modesto, California terminal have become the newest organized workers at Local 386 and the first unit organized under the Teamster card-check neutrality agreement with the company, which was ratified on July 2.

The dockworkers, line drivers and city drivers in the West will be organized through the Master Bestway Agreement card-check neutrality clause negotiated in the Southwest and the Southeast.

complete article.....

Congrats to MOD. Teamster press release today has SAC coming on board also. 45 members. Great job folks. We've been waiting for you!!!! Keep up the good work. WELCOME TO THE TEAMSTERS!!!!!!

It covers 19 Bestway facilities, and has non economic language either the same or close to NMFA. In the West they will be able to negotiate a western supplement just like the NMFA has supplements for each region. The contract is a stepping stone to move forward into the NMFA once there is more union density at USF Bestway.

If I may put in my two cents. I have friends at Bestway in Sac. From what he told me it wouldn't be the same as the master freight. But they will be in 2008 when they renew their contract. He seem pretty happy about it.

yo....

i'd bet they probably negotiated a white paper agreement to expire coincidentaly with nmfa so they could enter nmfa at the same time a new contract was put in force......

this way there are no article 6 sniglets to prevent parody from taking place......

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

MIKEEEEE said:
yo....

i'd bet they probably negotiated a white paper agreement to expire coincidentaly with nmfa so they could enter nmfa at the same time a new contract was put in force......

this way there are no article 6 sniglets to prevent parody from taking place......

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

It is a white paper contract, 5 years, so it will not expire with nmfa.

Dont think that will be a factor, as Bestway finished last year (2005) with an OR of 106.

So far this year Operating at 107 (ouch!!!)

Big Bill Dollars will not continue to let this go on. Doubt Bestway will be around January 07 much less 5 years from now.

Just something to ponder on !!!!

I MAY BE CRAZY BUT I AINT DUMB!!!!

Now that "MOST" People are "HAPPY" things (OR) Might get BETTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRMustache342 (kansas City)