Yellow | Teamsters Joint Council 80 In Dallas Supports 20% Pension Cuts?

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
Check this out from a posting on Facebook...

"We have been stabbed in the back by some Joint Councils who are signing the resolution to support the 20% cut across the board on our pensions! They don't even know what the UPS Plan is in writing and they are blindly supporting It?
You all need to call your Local Unions whose Principal Officers sit on their respective Joint Council. The document below is the one that JC 80 in Dallas, TX just signed. NO MEMBERSHIP MEETING THIS SUMMER, BUT YET THEY KNOW WHAT THE MEMBERS AND RETIREES WANT? Yeah, I'm pissed off they are doing this behind the backs of the Retiree Committees that John Murphy says he supports!"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1SkcGlB2Dx6dnQtQ212X2VMajQ/view?usp=sharing

YioB5jO.jpg

:wtflol:

Last edited:
Same Jackasses that said I couldn't take a leave of absence when I got a call back to work at YRC. Gave up my seniority and lack of a pension at that point.

Uh remember not to long ago the plan to cut pensions 50-60% was rejected and one of the reasons was it didn't insure long term survivability of the fund! The same people who screwed you are still screwing you!!!! I may be wrong and I'm to tired of this ::shit:: to look it up but they are milking down the amounts paid so when the PGBC takes over it will be 1/3 of a smaller amount!

Depends on what comes with it, Bart. I just loaded at UPS Denver International Airport this morning. The loader said UPS bought several new 747s and paid 14 billion CASH. They have more and look to invest. No, they don't want YRC. Backed by government guarantees, they'll invest in the CSPF.

I see it as a gamble, yes. But staying put guarantees anyone under 57-58 of receiving zero while those now retired take it all. 80% for everyone is Much more fair, and Teamsters are supposed to be for fairness.

Depends on what comes with it, Bart. I just loaded at UPS Denver International Airport this morning. The loader said UPS bought several new 747s and paid 14 billion CASH. They have more and look to invest. No, they don't want YRC. Backed by government guarantees, they'll invest in the CSPF.

I see it as a gamble, yes. But staying put guarantees anyone under 57-58 of receiving zero while those now retired take it all. 80% for everyone is Much more fair, and Teamsters are supposed to be for fairness.
I also find the selling bonds plan interesting but something viable needs to be put in place now!

I agree, I have 18 years paid in and since I'm currently 50 years old as it,stands now I will never see a dime