TForce | Teamsters or APWA (All Threads Merged)

I thought that the government came into control of the Teamsters pension funds?
The government is protecting the funds now aren't they?
I remember before the government got envoled with the Teamsters there was wide spread pension fund corruption.
Some of the Teamster locals had ghost payroll set ups to bleed pension contributions into these leaders pockets.
Back in the day there were many arrests when these leaders were to blaitant in there stealing.

I know one sceam was to have friends,or relatives named to Teamster payrolls that never worked a day in their life.yet they were receiving fat checks.
I'm sure there a lot of other clever ways of stealing from the members that are working for Teamster companies?

I know that there are people that work harder at not working as us working stiffs that are earning our money in an honest way.

APO, you're tainted prejudist views and remarks about Teamsters in general are uncalled for.
You based your views on isolated instances and lump them together and label us all with those statements.

I am highly insulted to hear you insinuate that you are earning an honest wage with your hard work and the likes of us teamster are not.

I'll have you know the majority of all Teamsters young and old work hard every day to feed their families as I have for over twenty two years. What makes you so special to come here and post these prejudist views and clearly insinuate that Teamsters are being stloen from from other Teamsters and those workign are just put there to steal even more from the companies. Get your facts straight.

Gov't control of the pension does not exist.

Trusteeships were formed at Local levels.

Racketering at local levels put those responsible in Jail just like those that stole from private pension funds in big business.

Pension funds are controlled by two seperate parties, Union and Corporate. If funds were being stolen as you suggests then I'd look at both controlling parties.

As far as these scams you talk about, they mostly involved Health Bennies.

Pension Bennies have a long history and are almost impossible to forge. Heatlh bennies have a very short record of events, usally quaterly or semi annually and are easy to give away and hide the contributions or lack there of.

Don't blend the two together and make up this dribble and lump us hard working teamsters in to that mess. We don't deserve it and I for one will not tolerate it from an individual like yourself.
You love to find fault with anything union, but you'll gladly except that check from the pension fund with no problem, so desereved, you earned it, JUST LIKE THE REST OF US NO GOOD TEAMSTERS!!!

I'll put myself or any one of my teamster brothers up against you or any one in your barn and see who works the hardest.
Ground drops, inside deliveries, stripping inbounds or loading outbounds, piece goods, floor loads, tire loads, high and tight, loaded it to ride, Minus 20 degress or 99 with 100% humidity I've been there done that. Downtown Boston with a 53 and a twin screw, no pallet jack, broken two wheeler, lamp black on the floor, you name I've experienced it.
I've never collect a dime for doing nothing becuase I'm a Teamster. What I have collected is Pride in knowing the job I did was a professional one and damn good one!!!

I for one think you owe every hard working Teamster out there and apology.

Teamster 251

Well Teamster 251 I know its something that happened years ago.
I sure would hope that the Teamsters today are not the same as the old days.
You know I was in the Teamsters back in the James H****senior days.

I'm talking about the Teamsters before the united states government decided to oversee their operation.
Now that you have ripped me apart over these old times that I've posted about I'm regretting that I posted any of it.

Sorry for getting your dander up Teamster 251.

The old days are just that (OLD) and after as little as one second has gone by theres nothing anyone can do to relive it.

So I'll try to stay current as not to offend anyone else on the truckingboards.

APO, you're tainted prejudist views and remarks about Teamsters in general are uncalled for.
You based your views on isolated instances and lump them together and label us all with those statements.

I am highly insulted to hear you insinuate that you are earning an honest wage with your hard work and the likes of us teamster are not.

I'll have you know the majority of all Teamsters young and old work hard every day to feed their families as I have for over twenty two years. What makes you so special to come here and post these prejudist views and clearly insinuate that Teamsters are being stloen from from other Teamsters and those workign are just put there to steal even more from the companies. Get your facts straight.

Gov't control of the pension does not exist.

Trusteeships were formed at Local levels.

Racketering at local levels put those responsible in Jail just like those that stole from private pension funds in big business.

Pension funds are controlled by two seperate parties, Union and Corporate. If funds were being stolen as you suggests then I'd look at both controlling parties.

As far as these scams you talk about, they mostly involved Health Bennies.

Pension Bennies have a long history and are almost impossible to forge. Heatlh bennies have a very short record of events, usally quaterly or semi annually and are easy to give away and hide the contributions or lack there of.

Don't blend the two together and make up this dribble and lump us hard working teamsters in to that mess. We don't deserve it and I for one will not tolerate it from an individual like yourself.
You love to find fault with anything union, but you'll gladly except that check from the pension fund with no problem, so desereved, you earned it, JUST LIKE THE REST OF US NO GOOD TEAMSTERS!!!

I'll put myself or any one of my teamster brothers up against you or any one in your barn and see who works the hardest.
Ground drops, inside deliveries, stripping inbounds or loading outbounds, piece goods, floor loads, tire loads, high and tight, loaded it to ride, Minus 20 degress or 99 with 100% humidity I've been there done that. Downtown Boston with a 53 and a twin screw, no pallet jack, broken two wheeler, lamp black on the floor, you name I've experienced it.
I've never collect a dime for doing nothing becuase I'm a Teamster. What I have collected is Pride in knowing the job I did was a professional one and damn good one!!!

I for one think you owe every hard working Teamster out there and apology.

Teamster 251

Actually his views are not tainted too a degree, when ENRON went into the hole and several other entities ( not teamster) were stealing retirement funds for coperates own personal investments, TO MAKE THEM RICHER , COMPANY PARTIES ,ETC. ETC. AND INFLATED THE #'S ON THE BOOK'S FOR THE RETIREMENT , President bush put into law that all pention's and 401k's must be reported to the gov. as 100% funded, not 40%, 90%, 75%, etc.etc. In lames terms the actual law will hold top execs. in charge of the funds accountable. And said fund's will be untouched by the companies, Including the teamster's.

This is the reason for companies leaving pentions, and beefing the 401K market, no accountability. Except too submit the funds when profitability presents itself. Also the terms and agreement's can change in a moment's notice with no ramification's.

Well Teamster 251 I know its something that happened years ago.
I sure would hope that the Teamsters today are not the same as the old days.
You know I was in the Teamsters back in the James Hoffa senior days.

I'm talking about the Teamsters before the united states government decided to oversee their operation.
Now that you have ripped me apart over these old times that I've posted about I'm regretting that I posted any of it.

Sorry for getting your dander up Teamster 251.

The old days are just that (OLD) and after as little as one second has gone by theres nothing anyone can do to relive it.

So I'll try to stay current as not to offend anyone else on the truckingboards.

And to correct further problem's use these terms APO. Brother's vs Teamster's.

Brothers Accelerator?
Am I a UPS Freight brother to all the other UPS Freight employees?
Or are you addressing that I was a Teamster at one time?
That would make me a former International Brotherhood of Teamsters.

We UPS Freight workers aren't Teamster members yet so we have no part in being Teamster brothers now?

Your going to have to help me out with your meaning of the terms you gave me in your post?

Brothers Accelerator?
Am I a UPS Freight brother to all the other UPS Freight employees?
Or are you addressing that I was a Teamster at one time?
That would make me a former International Brotherhood of Teamsters.

We UPS Freight workers aren't Teamster members yet so we have no part in being Teamster brothers now?

Your going to have to help me out with your meaning of the terms you gave me in your post?

The actions in referrance to the top brass of the teamster's,=Teamster's. And the people of which comprises the body,= brother's. When teamster's is said it speaks of the entity as a whole, and some get offended. And a majority are not reflective of past action's..

I think Hoffa works for himself and the Hoffa name!! I've read this from ibt members on the union ONLY boards!
As in any organization, there are detractors. We have TDU leading the bandwagon in the IBT. However, if you just go back one week you'll see that the Teamster membership voted 2 to 1 in favor of Hoffa and against TDU/Leedham. Don't believe everything you read.

As in any organization, there are detractors. We have TDU leading the bandwagon in the IBT. However, if you just go back one week you'll see that the Teamster membership voted 2 to 1 in favor of Hoffa and against TDU/Leedham. Don't believe everything you read.

I could not agree with you more!!!!!!! Ignorance is bliss.

This answer suggests that the APWA and UPS are working together. Can anyone say AGENDA?????[/QUOTE]

Then why did someone from UPSF go to Harrisburg to talk about what the APWA was saying and telling the drivers to ask them (APWA) questions before making a decision to join APWA or any union. Sounds to me like if UPS was on APWA's side that they would not have done that. Talk to a Harrisburg employee about the meeting with the UPSF person and see what that person told them. From the driver I talked with on the radio, it sure did not sound as if UPSF was endorsing the APWA. Just what I heard.:hide:

I hope your right, But when someone says that the APWA wants ups financial advisors to handle the pension money, One can only assume.

I don't see anywhere in 776's question about their former representors, who or why they left.
Talk about people not anwering the question, you are adding to the question yourself for your own agenda.

Now if this so called feeder driver had all the info on when, where, why, and howcome the pilots left that would be more pertinent info than your attempted bashing of the IBT for loosing the pilots to an another union, which by the way has caused more problems within the airline indusrtry then fixed them.

Remeber in this world or micro managing and microscopes nothing is perfect and never will be.

T251
Apparently, the driver I spoke with has worked for UPS longer than you. He has 30+ years and is the shop steward for his building. I would think he knows what he is talking about.:duh:

Apparently, the driver I spoke with has worked for UPS longer than you. He has 30+ years and is the shop steward for his building. I would think he knows what he is talking about.:duh:

Originally Posted by bamaboy
Steve,
You are corect except for the part that the UPS Pilots were IBT until they started their own union. I got that from a UPS Feeder Driver, I assume he knows. He also told me that this is what the APWA says in trying to get them (UPS Feeder) to join them and start their own union. Just wanted to give Local the complete answer so maybe he will stop asking..... Have a GREAT day.

Okay first you say you assume he knows, then you say, I think he knows, which is it.

I guess cause he's got thiry plus years in he automatically know more than I do about the company we work for and the union we belong to.
Him being a steward for Feeder Dept (not his buiding) doesn't make a difference either. As a Teamster any good Teamster knows the history of all companies involved wether they work there or not. Being in a cocoon and having the outside world blocked off to you makes you very bias.

Now are you trying to say in a round about way that this so-called thirty year plus feeder steward has a interest in the APWA?
All I can say is why?
What good is the APWA going to give a 30+ Teamster. The APWA is only going to be benifcial to those that have 30 years with APWA. Or did you neglect to read the APWA future proposals and what it means to you.

If you elect the APWA how many years credit are they going to offer you?

2 for 1, 3 for 1, 1 for 1, of maybe just time served?

I assume, I think, I wish, I should have, I could have, hopefully, maybe, or time will tell are all letters on the page and say nothing.

Do you know the story behind the pilots?
Is there a story?
When did this happen?
How long ago?
What is the history with the new union?
How has negiotations with UPS Airlines and IPA been historically?
Is the APWA going to go after the pilots too, and there pension? After all they are UPS employees too.
How many Cartage, or Mail Box Etc employees have been approached to join this new glorious union, the APWA?

Your turn, T251

wake up driver, the teamsters are negiotating a contract not the awpazalsdjf or whatever it is called...lets get this over with and sign a contract and get on with making money.....have a nice driving day. do the right thing.

hey webidiot...you are working for UPSF and not making any money ? I make great money ! I am just frustrated over the fact that UPS is not paying anything towards my health insurance and unpaid delay time. Are you a part time dock worker w/o a CDL or a billing clerk ? They are the most underpaid employees @ UPSF

Originally Posted by bamaboy
Steve,
You are corect except for the part that the UPS Pilots were IBT until they started their own union. I got that from a UPS Feeder Driver, I assume he knows. He also told me that this is what the APWA says in trying to get them (UPS Feeder) to join them and start their own union. Just wanted to give Local the complete answer so maybe he will stop asking..... Have a GREAT day.

Okay first you say you assume he knows, then you say, I think he knows, which is it.

I guess cause he's got thiry plus years in he automatically know more than I do about the company we work for and the union we belong to.
Him being a steward for Feeder Dept (not his buiding) doesn't make a difference either. As a Teamster any good Teamster knows the history of all companies involved wether they work there or not. Being in a cocoon and having the outside world blocked off to you makes you very bias.

Now are you trying to say in a round about way that this so-called thirty year plus feeder steward has a interest in the APWA?
All I can say is why?
What good is the APWA going to give a 30+ Teamster. The APWA is only going to be benifcial to those that have 30 years with APWA. Or did you neglect to read the APWA future proposals and what it means to you.

If you elect the APWA how many years credit are they going to offer you?

2 for 1, 3 for 1, 1 for 1, of maybe just time served?

I assume, I think, I wish, I should have, I could have, hopefully, maybe, or time will tell are all letters on the page and say nothing.

Do you know the story behind the pilots?
Is there a story?
When did this happen?
How long ago?
What is the history with the new union?
How has negiotations with UPS Airlines and IPA been historically?
Is the APWA going to go after the pilots too, and there pension? After all they are UPS employees too.
How many Cartage, or Mail Box Etc employees have been approached to join this new glorious union, the APWA?

Your turn, T251

I assume that you can go to google and search UPS Pilots and read the history of the IPA, Here is just a short quote,

IPA History

As the UPS airline operation was beginning to carve its niche in the cargo industry in the late 1980’s, the foundation of what would become an independent yet influential voice in the aviation industry was taking shape.

With the purchase of IPX Air and its airline operating certificate in 1987, UPS acquired its first 25 pilots. Within a few short years, the Company grew from a handful of pilots to nearly a thousand by the end of the decade. With no representation, UPS introduced the pilots to the International Brotherhood of Teamsters and Local 608 was formed to represent both the pilots and mechanics. Contract talks began in the fall of 1987 and ended in December. An agreement was finalized in January of 1988.

With a labor agreement in place, the UPS Air Division exploded. More than 800 pilots were hired in 1988 alone. However, the substandard nature of the pilot group’s first contract was becoming evident. Poor schedules, working conditions and pay were taking a toll on the growing pilot group.

It was during this time, a handful of UPS pilots began discussing the possibility of switching union representation. Two of the most vocal crewmembers were terminated after expressing their desire to be represented by the Airline Pilots Association. Several pilots who had served as union stewards for the Teamsters realized it would take a new, independent union to bring about change.

On October 27, 1989, the pilots began circulating National Mediation Board “authorization to act” cards on UPS property. In the following days, 700 pilots would sign the cards calling for a National Mediation Board election.
Under armed guard, the ballot count held at the NMB’s Washington, D.C. headquarters was decisive. 757 ballots were cast for the IPA, 7 for the IBT and 2 write-ins for ALPA. On January 10, 1990, UPS received official notification that the Independent Pilots Assocation would be the collective bargaining unit for UPS pilots. By August, the Association was ready to begin negotiations with the Company.

The APWA says a member of the board will have a seat on the pensionfund board...as well as UPS retirees and APWA officers

And at an APWA meeting in Harrisburgh PA the APWA told UPSF members that the UPS pilots had joined them which is an outright lie so don't believe everything you hear.

I assume that you can go to google and search UPS Pilots and read the history of the IPA, Here is just a short quote,

IPA History

As the UPS airline operation was beginning to carve its niche in the cargo industry in the late 1980’s, the foundation of what would become an independent yet influential voice in the aviation industry was taking shape.

With the purchase of IPX Air and its airline operating certificate in 1987, UPS acquired its first 25 pilots. Within a few short years, the Company grew from a handful of pilots to nearly a thousand by the end of the decade. With no representation, UPS introduced the pilots to the International Brotherhood of Teamsters and Local 608 was formed to represent both the pilots and mechanics. Contract talks began in the fall of 1987 and ended in December. An agreement was finalized in January of 1988.

With a labor agreement in place, the UPS Air Division exploded. More than 800 pilots were hired in 1988 alone. However, the substandard nature of the pilot group’s first contract was becoming evident. Poor schedules, working conditions and pay were taking a toll on the growing pilot group.

It was during this time, a handful of UPS pilots began discussing the possibility of switching union representation. Two of the most vocal crewmembers were terminated after expressing their desire to be represented by the Airline Pilots Association. Several pilots who had served as union stewards for the Teamsters realized it would take a new, independent union to bring about change.

On October 27, 1989, the pilots began circulating National Mediation Board “authorization to act” cards on UPS property. In the following days, 700 pilots would sign the cards calling for a National Mediation Board election.
Under armed guard, the ballot count held at the NMB’s Washington, D.C. headquarters was decisive. 757 ballots were cast for the IPA, 7 for the IBT and 2 write-ins for ALPA. On January 10, 1990, UPS received official notification that the Independent Pilots Assocation would be the collective bargaining unit for UPS pilots. By August, the Association was ready to begin negotiations with the Company.

Bama I didn't need to google it I lived it. I knew the troubles and trails the polits and mechanics went thru first hand. My uncle is retired from UPS Airlines and the Teamsters. But seeing you took the trouble to research it and not post a link I'll do it for you for all those interested in seeing where your info came from
History of the IPA

Now your so good at answering questions, how about the rest of them.