TForce | Teamsters or APWA (All Threads Merged)

Bama I didn't need to google it I lived it. I knew the troubles and trails the polits and mechanics went thru first hand. My uncle is retired from UPS Airlines and the Teamsters. But seeing you took the trouble to research it and not post a link I'll do it for you for all those interested in seeing where your info came from
History of the IPA

Now your so good at answering questions, how about the rest of them.
T251,
No the union steward that I know is Pro - union (IBT). I'm not for the APWA or for the IBT. I'm sorry, but I have the "Skeeter" attitude, "wait and see". I just tried to answer the question. Guess you must not have liked the fact that I answered the question. Sorry if I offended you.:hide:

Here's yer sign

Okay how much will it cost for health and welfare. Or union dues? and what is expected of us, financially?

What the APWA has said is that union dues will be about $66.00 per month for the first six months of the first contract,thereafter,union dues will be reduced by 50% to around $33.00 per month. They will try to negotiate our health and welfare costs into the contract. According to the APWA,we work hard enough for our money,we should not have to pay for our health insurance. Historically,UPS pays for brown's insurance. You can find all of this out at www.parcelworkers.com . They have contact numbers and if you call them...you will get a human to talk to. At the very least you will get a call back within a couple of hours.

What the APWA has said is that union dues will be about $66.00 per month for the first six months of the first contract,thereafter,union dues will be reduced by 50% to around $33.00 per month. They will try to negotiate our health and welfare costs into the contract. According to the APWA,we work hard enough for our money,we should not have to pay for our health insurance. Historically,UPS pays for brown's insurance. You can find all of this out at www.parcelworkers.com . They have contact numbers and if you call them...you will get a human to talk to. At the very least you will get a call back within a couple of hours.

They will try, sounds a little trickey too me at $66.00 per month TRY, WOW........

If I can become a teamster and get this stuff for $55.00 per month I would be stupid to settle for "TRY".

What a joke! TRY? $66.00 + TRY= $132.00 per month. We work hard so we should not have to pay for health Ins. So you pay $66.00 per month and then they will TRY. Get Real!!!

Will this be in their contract? (they will try)

Will this be in their contract? (they will try)
Hey BN, "they will try" is pretty strong language. "Could be", "we'll see if" or "maybe" are very intimidating language too. Hopefully they can work that language into that strong fictional proposal!! :hysterical:

lemme guess...former CF drivers wanting to buffer thier pensions.....whatever. That is my language,not the language....why the heck am I justifying my position on this board. I doubt that UPS is intimidated by ANY unions' rhetoric. Like I said,NO UNION,will guarantee ANYTHING of what they may or may not negotiate ! Oh,they may verbally....but not in writing. When you guys get done Smooching Jimmy's rear....you can rinse your mouth with Jonestown electric kool-aid. I will not twist any arms to get you to agree with me . Opinions ....well you know....I'll stick with mine. Btw we have input in our model contract...do you ? Are you letting some other lackey write your contract for you ? wouldn't you like to input yer two cents...?

outta here

Have the Teamsters "guarenteed" you free health and welfare? If you can get that in writing for me, I would appreciate that.

Mr. Breeze,

Your health, welfare, and pension contributions will be paid by your employer once it is written into the contract and ratified. Whether it will be free health and welfare will be determined during the negotiations. I remember when I first became a Teamster, I had completely free medical, however, with the continued rising costs of medical, it has come to a point where I now have to make copayments on some doctor visits or emergency room visits. My particular plan calls for a $10 copay to doctors and $50 for the ER. I also pay $5 for most generic prescriptions and $10-20 for DAW, (dispense as written). My dental still does not cost me anything, and as long as I take what my plan offers, neither does my prescription eyeglasses. Whether you get the "free ride" on the medical or get a plan similar to mine, it still beats having to cover your health insurance by paying for coverage on a weekly basis. In a nutshell, my employer pays the equivilant of my hourly wage up to 8 hours per day worked, for health, welfare and pension. By the way, this is in writing , in my contract book. The exact breakdown of how much goes where is unavailable to me at this present moment, but if you are curious, I can find it for you. All this for a measly $55 per month for dues, as compared to $50 or 60 per week for health insurance. Hope this was helpful.

lemme guess...former CF drivers wanting to buffer thier pensions.....whatever. That is my language,not the language....why the heck am I justifying my position on this board. I doubt that UPS is intimidated by ANY unions' rhetoric. Like I said,NO UNION,will guarantee ANYTHING of what they may or may not negotiate ! Oh,they may verbally....but not in writing. When you guys get done Smooching Jimmy's rear....you can rinse your mouth with Jonestown electric kool-aid. I will not twist any arms to get you to agree with me . Opinions ....well you know....I'll stick with mine. Btw we have input in our model contract...do you ? Are you letting some other lackey write your contract for you ? wouldn't you like to input yer two cents...?

outta here

I WILL TRY!!!!!!!!!

outta here

APWA, I am not a parcel worker.

T251,
No the union steward that I know is Pro - union (IBT). I'm not for the APWA or for the IBT. I'm sorry, but I have the "Skeeter" attitude, "wait and see". I just tried to answer the question. Guess you must not have liked the fact that I answered the question. Sorry if I offended you.:hide:

Okay let me get this straight, you throw out this negative Teamster comment from a Pro Teamster Union steward for what reason?

What kind of spin were you trying to get out of it?

As far as being offend????? How? I don't see your point.

I'm actually glad you researched and we were able to share with other that read here the truth.

But there were other questions in my post that you've skirted.

So lets go back and review and get right back to me.

Thanks T251

If I missed the reply on the thread I'm sorry but I feel everyone is entitled to see the response to the question I posed over 1 week ago, so the following is a copy of the pm's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyman
Quote:
Originally Posted by nospinzone
Family,
Sorry, but could you clarify this statement.

Quote:
So the APWA would not be like the Teamsters in respect to organizing a new unit/company, whereas you are not required to pay initiation dues when you 1st organize.
Is this going to be general practice for APWA or will the drop initiation dues for newly organized when and if they become a representative for a co?
Im not clear on the point your'e trying to make here.

As I stated, as an example, if the Teamsters were to organize FXF the employees would not pay initiation dues, they would only start paying regular monthly dues but as a new unit they would be exempt whereas the APWA is not only saying the initiation dues would be required but that they would be higher if you didn't join the APWA even before they actually won any election.

Happy Thanksgiving

FM

Happy Thanksgiving to you.

As you have describe it above is accurate. Although I think it could be said that we are both spinning the inititaion due amount depending on our bias. The post-cert fee is $225 which is comparable to Teamster initiation fees. I say that you get a discount for joing early. You say that its a higher fee if paid after the cert. tomayto.....tomahto. potayto...potahto. Call it what you want.

But regardless,,,,6mos after the cert, APWA membership fees will be cut in half. So in the end, anyone who is represented by the APWA will get their money back.

The following is the pm's between myself and nospin, I asked that he post his reply in this thread so anyone wondering what I was would get an answer, after 1 week still no osting here so I will post it for anyone interested.

FM

nospinzone
user_offline.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_", true);
Truck Driving School
rang1.gif

reputation_pos.gif

icon1.gif
clarify
Family,
Sorry, but could you clarify this statement.

So the APWA would not be like the Teamsters in respect to organizing a new unit/company, whereas you are not required to pay initiation dues when you 1st organize.
Is this going to be general practice for APWA or will the drop initiation dues for newly organized when and if they become a representative for a co?
Im not clear on the point your'e trying to make here.

nospinzone
user_offline.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_", true);
Truck Driving School
rang1.gif

reputation_pos.gif

icon1.gif
Re: clarify
Originally Posted by Familyman

As I stated, as an example, if the Teamsters were to organize FXF the employees would not pay initiation dues, they would only start paying regular monthly dues but as a new unit they would be exempt whereas the APWA is not only saying the initiation dues would be required but that they would be higher if you didn't join the APWA even before they actually won any election.

Happy Thanksgiving

FM

Happy Thanksgiving to you.

As you have describe it above is accurate. Although I think it could be said that we are both spinning the inititaion due amount depending on our bias. The post-cert fee is $225 which is comparable to Teamster initiation fees. I say that you get a discount for joing early. You say that its a higher fee if paid after the cert. tomayto.....tomahto. potayto...potahto. Call it what you want.

But regardless,,,,6mos after the cert, APWA membership fees will be cut in half. So in the end, anyone who is represented by the APWA will get their money back.