TForce | Teamsters or APWA (All Threads Merged)

stldude44 said:
T,
You hit the jackpot.....Divide And Conquer.....it's been going on since the beginning of time. The Teamsters have been United for 100+ years, so the UPSF guys can decide who the Dividers are.

(Hint......they have an anti-Union lawyer and 2 ***** running their dog and pony show.)
Sorry yellow,
This is a battle for the worker rights and benefits at UPS. Not yellow. Maybe you should consider your future?

Ironshot said:
Sorry yellow,
This is a battle for the worker rights and benefits at UPS. Not yellow. Maybe you should consider your future?
Yellow,

The "anti union" lawyer is only in place due to the complexities of the law with regards to changing unions at UPS Parcel, the experience is the key here. After all when one is accused of a murder? Would you go and tell the court " a ya judge what ever flunky public defender you got is good" No of course not, if you have the ability to get the best you get the best. By the way when was the last time anyone heard a lawyer joke that didn't poke fun at or impuin their chosen profession. Go figure?

skull said:
I don't think UPS wants to deal with two unions. It does not benefit any company to deal with two unions. UPS is already negotiating a contract for UPSF I do not want any other union to get in the way of what the teamsters are trying to do. I hope the APWA can respect the workers of UPSF and the teamsters while we see what we get for a contract and then the card check.
Skull'

More koolaid?

Teamster251 said:
Why/ so the rank and file can be further divided?

The only one that benefits from two unions going after one company is the company.

History has proven it. Teamsters have lost many votes in the early years of labor becuase of upstart unions or company formed unions to undermnind the Teamsters vote.

If there isn't a 50% vote, no union wins.

Hard to get 50% when 33 presents goes one way 33% the other and the final 33 doesn't vote or sides with compnay
Are we afraid? Come on, if it ever happens?
One, either the IBT will look good or the APWA will look good. About as fair a call as it could get. Maybe you can help local776 there in Harrisburg and get some pressure on the home office? What federal pen is the home office out of anyway?

stldude44 said:
T,
You hit the jackpot.....Divide And Conquer.....it's been going on since the beginning of time. The Teamsters have been United for 100+ years, so the UPSF guys can decide who the Dividers are.

(Hint......they have an anti-Union lawyer and 2 ***** running their dog and pony show.)
Stl,
Funny you state 100 yrs? What was the membership at it's peek?
If you get that then what is it now?
And the final double jeopardy bonus question "is membership showing signs of expansion" ?
Why would any honest man ask another to pay his pension with his work and pension money? You old farts will get my Social Security taxes, I'll be damned if I'll put my pension dollar in as well. I may drive truck but, give me a little more credit? UPS benefits for UPS worker Only, Choose the APWA!

Ironshot I suggest that you refresh your knowledge of the forums rules. They will be enforced. Yellow, as you call him, has a User Name the same as you. It is stldude44 and he is a well respected moderator on these boards. There is a rule that has to do with respect and if memory serves me right it is the 1st one. There are members here on the boards from all across the spectrum of trucking and they all may voice their opinions here as long as they do it within the rules. Nobody is above these rules.

Stldude44,
With regards to the "Anti Union Lawyer" comment. If it makes the IBT squeal all the better! But, not to worry. The International spokesbabe say the IBT has no concern what so ever of the APWA. So roll over and go back to bed. All is good.

hillbilly frog said:
Ironshot I suggest that you refresh your knowledge of the forums rules. They will be enforced. Yellow, as you call him, has a User Name the same as you. It is stldude44 and he is a well respected moderator on these boards. There is a rule that has to do with respect and if memory serves me right it is the 1st one. There are members here on the boards from all across the spectrum of trucking and they all may voice their opinions here as long as they do it within the rules. Nobody is above these rules.
Ok thx for the reminder

Interference?

hillbilly frog said:
Mr. Hillbilly,,, I dont think Iron meant any disrespect in calling STL "yellow". He was simply pointing out STL's employer which is of interest in this discussion. Why should a Yellow Freight employee be influencing UPS labor negotiations? It's like the having a Boston Red Sox official advising the Yankees on team management issues. This spreads into how the Teamsters negotiate contracts. They have all of these Yellow Freight and other companies influencing them while at the same time they are suppose to be doing what is best for UPS employees. What is best for UPS members may not always be what is best for STLDude and his coworkers. This is a contradiction and conflict of interest plain and simple.

Ironshot I hope when you get your single payer pension that the ex enron people aren't the ones in charge. Good luck

It's like the having a Boston Red Sox official advising the Yankees on team management issues.

Boy, that's a stretch.

Why should a Yellow Freight employee be influencing UPS labor negotiations?

How is he influencing UPS labor negotiations? This is a fourm, not a negotiation meeting.
He has as much right to state his opinion as you do.

I'm glad drivers from unions are willing to chat online. Can someone from the teamsters tell me what top rate is. Can someone from apwa tell me what top rate is and do they get time an half?

Ironshot:
UPS benefits for UPS worker Only, Choose the APWA!

We are not UPS!

Ironshot:
You old farts will get my Social Security taxes, I'll be damned if I'll put my pension dollar in as well.

Oh, you're not going to get old? I'll bet you will be waiting by the mailbox to get your SSI check when it comes time.(if it's still availible)
It sounds like you want something for nothing.

How come the anti-IBT side is usually throwing out the insults? You can get your point across with out.

Ironshot said:
Local,
It is a grand idea, Where? the worldport
with webcasting? I'll ask the APWA do you have access to anyone with serious connections with the IBT Labyrinth?
THE APWA REPLY WAS???????

Animo916 said:
Skull,
Not only are these as big as they get but they come with a bonus.

here ya go Accelerator
Bring in the Horses!!!
clydesdales1.jpg

You will never beleive what happened when I saw this picture!!!!!! :Bondage: :kiss2: Do they come with a twist of lime. LOLOL

LOCAL776 said:
THE APWA REPLY WAS???????
Like Steve so aptly reminded us, this is a web board. I doubt Hoffa or Keegel or Hall is watching these boards, and I doubt any APWA official is either. If you feel a debate of sorts is needed to make up your mind, first.....get a large contingency of coworkers who feel the same. Second, take your request to the leadership of the two parties. I cant do all the work for you, Local.

How is he influencing UPS labor negotiations? This is a fourm, not a negotiation meeting.
He has as much right to state his opinion as you do.
Yellow freight employee has agenda that is not in the best interest of the UPS employee. Yellow Freight employee talks up the need for "brotherhood", tells people that if they support another union they will only split up IBT and weaken it. UPS employee feels obligated to stand with the "brothers and sisters" so as to avoid being lableed a sc** or disloyal while failing to objectively evaluate the situation in light of what is best for himself, his family, and his UPS coworkers. Yellow Freight employee has successfully altered one vote in the UPS labor/union process.

I was chatting with a regular Parcel driver today,on my route.
I asked him about the APWA.
He looked at me like I just stepped of a flying saucer.
He had a blank look on his face.
so I asked him again.
We said he never heard of it.
The only union he knows of involving UPS is the Teamsters.
So does any one of you other posters know if any parcel drivers know anything about this other union organization?

Whether or not you think the APWA will do a better job for you or not it has been proven time and time again that two different Unions in the same CO. Is not conducive for the employees. One of the basic proncipals of unions is to stand together. Two different unions in one Co. makes it hard to achive this. If you are smart you will GO TEAMSTER!!!

Tell me Accel,

did you get all tingly below the belt line?

No they don't come with a twist of lime!!
Real men don't add fruit to their beer!!