TForce | Teamsters or APWA (All Threads Merged)

At hrs two week's ago a ups man mike m. Told the people at the meeting that ups will not deal with them.

NO LAST NAMES PLEASE

peedy said:
Why are these guys starting a union with no money? I think these apwa guys have no interest in helping anyone out but themselves. If I where upset with the Teamsters and wanted out or to start my own union to show them up. I would not ask anyone to join me if I had no money. These apwa guys tried to organize the Louisville hub in June,which is the largest, 16,000 employees. They got nowhere. I don't even think they have the money to pay there attorneys williams-mullen.
Yes, they want to use UPSF employee's donations and pension money to break the union within UPS parcel. Hence the word, USE!!! Its not about UPSF, Its all about the APWA and their agenda.

Why.....APWA....Thoughts...

It seems strange that UPS company does not want to deal with APWA.After all the finger does point in that direction. Is UPS more involved in the APWA then they want us to believe?? maybe. maybe not. who is really going to say? Does anyone no?
Or could the possibility be ,APWA wants us to believe they are being helped by UPS???
Could the APWA be involved with another interested party like " the rigt to work"states:nutkick:
this is only a thought. questions that i have been askin myself.

I can quote. But I can't quick reply. I also cannot veiw my posts. It says that I don't have the privalege or my account has been disabled?

So you must be the type of guy who forms an opiton from reputatuions and not actions.

Automatically you have the Teamsters as raising hell, persoanlly I don't even see why the Teamstres are wasting their time debating with APWA. It's like debating the difference between Prime Rib and Baloney.

Sure Prime Rib has some fat on it but Baloney is what it is. Cheap.

Remember you get what you pay for.

Choosing the APWA is riskier than a trip to Vegas.................you're gonna lose your money and if you're not protected you could get aids.

Remember the house always wins

Guarnanteed the APWA doesn't except the invitation
T251
T251 I don't know if I would call it Prime Rib. Maybe 2% Prime Rib and 98% Pork??!!

Sorry T251 I still have a clear memory of what the teamsters did to Big "O" in the past. I know alot of oldtimers feel the sameway! I was not trying to be sarcastic with what I said about the teamsters behavior. I hope it has changed over the years.

This thread is named the APWA has been invited.....did you guys have to pay their way?
The Teamsters do not have any money which belongs to them personally. All of their money comes from members who pay membership fees. Some pay because they have to. Some pay because they want to support the Teamsters. APWA is no different. They operate from money received from UPS supporters--people who choose to support this new union.

The penision, H&W funds.....same situation. None of that money belongs to the Teamsters. All of that is money which the members have worked for and expect to receive back to them upon retirement. Same situation with the APWA. They plan to build a pension fund and health insurance plan from the retirement contributions which their members and UPS employees work for and who expect to receive upon retirement.

Allspinzone,
It's very telling that you describe those who fund you as UPS supporters, not Union supporters....quite a Freudian slip there Spin. And it's one that a real Union supporter can see right through. Thank you for admitting it.

This is the practice profile from the Labor and Employment practice of the law firm that the APWA is working with.

This does not sound like a pro union orginazation to me.

http://www.williamsmullen.com/NR/rd...cfs7lzkmoxzrq4mbd3bmbmzh6r7mvxj/Labor_BIO.pdf

I would definetly have too agree with you!! after all, UPS has deep pocket's, if these people bust the union then they get paid I am sure a great (and I place alot of ephises on GREAT) sum of monies will be transferred to the Kamen island bank and trust just for them. Alot less then what would have been paid out in the long run with the teamster's . And it's tax deductable too boot...

The APWA is all smoke and mirrors no matter what their nice, polite little representatives on here say. Nospinzone said it all in the thread "The APWA has been invited to......" He said that the people who funded the APWA are "UPS supporters". There was no mention by him that the funders were Union supporters, which is what they should be.....very telling.........I told him that his little Freudian slip had revealed the truth and thanked him for admitting it.