Yellow | Teamsters Outraged By Less Than Truckload Company Shuttering Its Doors Unannounced

I grew up by flint. At least people are trying to save detroit. Flint is a mess like no other...
My trucking years in Michigan were spent working for an airfreight forwarder based outside Detroit Metropolitan Airport in Romulus Michigan. From 1973 until 1981. Where I worked they shipped auto parts for General Motors. Most of the parts came down from the old GMPD facility in Flint Michigan. The carrier who brought the auto parts from Flint to us was Blue Arrow Dougles. At one point the forwarder I worked for and Blue Arrow shared a warehouse together. Those were fun times back in the seventies. I had a lot of good friends who worked for Blue Arrow.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...uttering-its-doors-unannounced-300367497.html
Strange, their website doesn't say anything about it as of about 5 minutes ago. It even said they needed a mechanic.

hxbqSp7.jpg

:cuss::hissyfit::kickedoutsmile:

I was going to ask, Pontiac stadium, you mean silverdome, right? Saw a couple lions games there as a kid, and my uncle used to work the monster truck shows for nhra, which was awesome.

I left the USMC in 1973 and returned to southeastern Michigan. First thing I did was apply at all the automotive plants. Thankfully none of them hired me or I would of spent 36 years working on the assembly line.
What I should of said in my original post, is high paying or decent jobs for someone with a high school education or less, are disappearing. Good paying unionized manufacturing jobs are headed south of the border, and you have first hand experience with what is happening to unionized LTL trucking.
My dad with a tenth grade education, raised four kids decently in the suburbs of Detroit during the fifties and sixties. Oh and, LET'S GO BLUE!!!
Hey Mudd, see what going blue got ya? Take a look at Brutus and cry baby cry. By the way I started with trucking in 64 went union in 65. Thanks for your service to our country. :1036316054:

Led Zeppelin 1977. Silverdome. Floor. John Bonham was still drumming. Amazing.
Pontiac Silverdome in the seventies. Saw Bob Seger there, and like I said Elvis Presly. Saw Led Zeppelin in Jacksonville Florida in 1973, while still in the USMC. Cobo Arena, saw KC and the Sunshine Band there, and The J.Geils Band.
Use to drag race my dog 1973 350 Nova down Telegraph road. Use to hang out at the West Side Six, at Telegraph and Six mile road. Use to dance the Bump to the song Philadelphia Freedom. The seventies were a wild time for me.

Last edited:
I have had the honor to know and work with Triplex for many years. I know that I am not a broken down Teamster dinosaur yet. I put in 391/2 years in the Teamsters and I thank God everyday that He kept me safe while working and keeps me in good health to this day. You ask why does Triplex still keeps driving? I think he is just a guy who really enjoys what he is doing, just like I did. We had a lot of fun and good times working for a lot of years. I only retired early because it made financial sense for me when this YRC fiasco took place. So what I'm trying to say is some of us "old timers" I'm pretty young yet, actually enjoyed and had a good time on the street everyday and I would not change a thing about those 391/2 years I put in. I am proud to call myself a retired teamster who worked when men knew what it meant to be a "TEAMSTER.":guiness:

Roady, thank you for the kind words and for sure it was a pleasure and privilege to work with you also . We sure did have a great crew at PIE, both at Hackensack and at Spring Valley. Those were good days, sadly never to return I'm afraid. I do still enjoy driving at my "advanced age", you got that right. Different strokes for different folks, one size doesn't fit all. :1036316054:

Yeah, and this "next big thing" never materializes for new jobs. Abundant good jobs in computers never happened. Neither will the green jobs.

There were plenty of great computer jobs in the 1990's and early 2000's. Then the H1-B crap really got going. Here's the way it works. Companies put out a request for IT personnel. The spec is written requiring a laundry list of experience in specific areas that almost no one person would actually have. Applicants (US citizens) apply for the jobs but are rejected because they lack one or more areas of experience as required in the spec. Then the company says they can't find US workers to fill the jobs so they have to bring in foreign workers by way of the H1-B program. Those people are basically indentured servants who work for lower wages and put in long hours because if they lose their job they have to leave the US and go back home. It's a huge con game being played out by companies all over the US. I have friends who were laid off from a major corporation when that corporation decided to eliminate the whole in-house QA operation. The company then outsourced the QA operation to a foreign consulting firm. Many of the former QA employees were then hired by the foreign consulting firm doing the same work they were doing as employees but now they work for the consulting firm at lower pay. Disgusting.

Roady, thank you for the kind words and for sure it was a pleasure and privilege to work with you also . We sure did have a great crew at PIE, both at Hackensack and at Spring Valley. Those were good days, sadly never to return I'm afraid. I do still enjoy driving at my "advanced age", you got that right. Different strokes for different folks, one size doesn't fit all. :1036316054:
Geez triplex how many companies were in those two terminals in spring valley,I remember roadway overnight and now only Estes

Geez triplex how many companies were in those two terminals in spring valley,I remember roadway overnight and now only Estes

RB, the PIE terminal was on Red Schoolhouse Road, just over the NJ/NY line. I believe it was originally built by McLean. ConWay was in there for a while and a school bus transportation company is there today. If I'm not mistaken the one you're thinking of was ABF for a while back in the 1980's and was located in Nanuet off West Nyack Road. Estes and I think UPS Freight are in there today.

RB, the PIE terminal was on Red Schoolhouse Road, just over the NJ/NY line. I believe it was originally built by McLean. ConWay was in there for a while and a school bus transportation company is there today. If I'm not mistaken the one you're thinking of was ABF for a while back in the 1980's and was located in Nanuet off West Nyack Road. Estes and I think UPS Freight are in there today.
Yes ,I believe your right .down 59 towords New Jersey line,and a left turn off.I've used that doubles compound at nanuet when they were building the new sufferen doubles compound ,many years ago I don't miss hooking doubles at that old yard .

There were plenty of great computer jobs in the 1990's and early 2000's. Then the H1-B crap really got going. Here's the way it works. Companies put out a request for IT personnel. The spec is written requiring a laundry list of experience in specific areas that almost no one person would actually have. Applicants (US citizens) apply for the jobs but are rejected because they lack one or more areas of experience as required in the spec. Then the company says they can't find US workers to fill the jobs so they have to bring in foreign workers by way of the H1-B program. Those people are basically indentured servants who work for lower wages and put in long hours because if they lose their job they have to leave the US and go back home. It's a huge con game being played out by companies all over the US. I have friends who were laid off from a major corporation when that corporation decided to eliminate the whole in-house QA operation. The company then outsourced the QA operation to a foreign consulting firm. Many of the former QA employees were then hired by the foreign consulting firm doing the same work they were doing as employees but now they work for the consulting firm at lower pay. Disgusting.

Great. Maybe trump can cracking down on that crap too....