ABF | Teamsters Pension Plan Stuck In Crisis!

I live in a RTW state. Will my coworkers know if I don't pay dues? I could sue the local if that info was leaked right? Seems like a waste of money

Certainly you could sue the Local. I recommend you do it right away, even if you don't belong to a Union. Any Attorney would be happy to take your money,.....I mean your case. Don't forget to do it anonomusly....wear a new paper bag,....just write your name on the outside so your Attorney knows who he is shysting,....I mean assisting,....with your lawsuit. By the way,....we already knew you live in a RTW state. Anyone with your attitude concerning Rights and working people are probably already clustered into one of the more illiterate Southern states.......it was obvious that you came from such an environment that would have a disdain for deliberate cohesive thought, respect , and dignity. You don't happen to live on the other side of the tracks from Honey Boo-Boo and the erstwhile "Sugarbear" do you?. One can only hope that the chemicals in the drinking water around there prevents spawning,........although, empirical evidence suggests it doesn't,....the chemicals merely allow I.Q points to leak out an ear or two while sleeping......In such a State as that, with those type of denizens,...it's easy to limit worker Rights by tricking ......ummm...."voters"....with a Grand-sounding name......Yessir, Rollin62,.....your "modus operandi" tells us far more about you than you might realize. If you had any dignity, you might even blush.......

Productive day for Art then, eh?

Our old plugs don't let us down too often and I won't complain about them, I have driven worse for less in my days. But your situation does sound pitiful and I hope it is confined to just your location and that it gets resolved quickly, those are the types of things that run a company into the ground.
It was the new guy I believe his name is John & ya it was a waste of time....

I hear there's a new branch office.......Department of Screwing Up Payroll.....hiring in Lickspittle, Montana........

Good Lord Canary, you need to get your SAG Card @ head for Willshire Boulevard, that is funny. Who needs the Comedy Channel with posts like this. Quick send Map Coordinates, I need stop my dues check off.

mentally depleted" ? Is that what happens after you poke management? A massive loss of gray matter?

Ahh,yes,...Brother Von........I save my sarcasm up all week in anticipation of a screen missive from Rollin62. Usually, such thundering stupidity from him brings on a release of vituperation similar to a dose of Kaopectate on a constipated man. I had mentioned "Honey Boo-Boo" in my previous post...........Well,...."mentally depleted" would be how you felt in the eighteenth hour of a "Here Comes Honey Boo-Boo" marathon.........you wouldn't have the brain cells left to wipe the puddle of drool out of your lap........and, strangely,...these type of images come to the forefront of my mind when discussing Mr. Rollin62......

Ahh,yes,...Brother Von........I save my sarcasm up all week in anticipation of a screen missive from Rollin62. Usually, such thundering stupidity from him brings on a release of vituperation similar to a dose of Kaopectate on a constipated man. I had mentioned "Honey Boo-Boo" in my previous post...........Well,...."mentally depleted" would be how you felt in the eighteenth hour of a "Here Comes Honey Boo-Boo" marathon.........you wouldn't have the brain cells left to wipe the puddle of drool out of your lap........and, strangely,...these type of images come to the forefront of my mind when discussing Mr. Rollin62......

Got me good today. Had to go look up the word 'vituperation' I like the usage. I willpark that in RAM for future use. von

Productive day for Art then, eh?

Our old plugs don't let us down too often and I won't complain about them, I have driven worse for less in my days. But your situation does sound pitiful and I hope it is confined to just your location and that it gets resolved quickly, those are the types of things that run a company into the ground.

Get ready to drive some older equipment than you are accustomed to. There are no plans to buy new road tractors this year. This is the first time in many, many years the company has not updated their road fleet.

Get ready to drive some older equipment than you are accustomed to. There are no plans to buy new road tractors this year. This is the first time in many, many years the company has not updated their road fleet.
If that's what they choose to do so be it clock is still ticking being brought in on a hook....

Now that you mention it, it has been a long ride for 'older equipment than I am used to'. Both at work and at home. One reason for that would be the increased life span of our vehicles. I drive an old plug with some 800,000 miles on it. Dashboard cracked, door not what it used to be, A/C doing just a little better than nothing and a mirror that won't stay in place and no way to tighten it. It starts every time I hit the switch, and uses no oil after all those miles. However, no new equipment does sound a bit scary for the unfortunate (those with less than 20 years) and I guess they blew their wad on all those new trailers they acquired the last couple of years (it seems to me that they bought a lot more of them recently than they had in the past). They should think a little more into the future though, if they put Mack out of business what will they buy next time around?

Now that you mention it, it has been a long ride for 'older equipment than I am used to'. Both at work and at home. One reason for that would be the increased life span of our vehicles. I drive an old plug with some 800,000 miles on it. Dashboard cracked, door not what it used to be, A/C doing just a little better than nothing and a mirror that won't stay in place and no way to tighten it. It starts every time I hit the switch, and uses no oil after all those miles. However, no new equipment does sound a bit scary for the unfortunate (those with less than 20 years) and I guess they blew their wad on all those new trailers they acquired the last couple of years (it seems to me that they bought a lot more of them recently than they had in the past). They should think a little more into the future though, if they put Mack out of business what will they buy next time around?
Yea but I look around at the Holland guys, at least the ones I see, and they are driving equipment at least a decade older than I am driving. Same with YRC

Man you guys, how can I become an abf employee with all this scholarly vocabulary. I can't even comprehend the dinosaur talk. Alls I'm saying is I'm not paying dues to an outdated, dusty hall that doesn't bargain. Plain and simple. Secondly, I will get the job and run a u.e bid. Senior men don't want it and I do. Keep studying that dictionary boys in that motel , I got some money to make

Man you guys, how can I become an abf employee with all this scholarly vocabulary. I can't even comprehend the dinosaur talk. Alls I'm saying is I'm not paying dues to an outdated, dusty hall that doesn't bargain. Plain and simple. Secondly, I will get the job and run a u.e bid. Senior men don't want it and I do. Keep studying that dictionary boys in that motel , I got some money to make
Be sure to tell tour fellow workers of your intensions & your reasoning for it....Im sure they will welcome you with open arms....or maybe with closed fists not sure....

You confuse us, Rollin62. You tell us you're all about the money, yet you want to leave Conway and work for ABF. Doesn't Conway pay their drivers more than we get at ABF, .....especially after this contract gets ratified?....And the you'll pay dues on top of that?.... I don't know, Rollin62,... If you're all about the money,...you might consider a career change.........A little plastic surgery,....a Dolly Parton wig,....and I hear tell you could make a thousand dollars a night in Times Square....obviously, you'll prostitute yourself out to anyone with money,...so this won't constitute much of a lifestyle change for you.........And Just Think!.....You'll never hear anyone using that "dinosaur" talk again!....You can go back to watching Spongebob Squarepants with a clear,....practically transparent ,....mind.........(....by the way,....many of us pay dues to support an ideal, not so much the temporary people supposed to uphold that ideal. "Ideal" is a good dinosaur word for you to look up. Apparently,..it's currently a foreign concept to you, now.....)..

Keep cryin ole timer miner. If you spent more time watching the road than griping about your union and employer, you'd be more pleasant human being. You see, your one man. Majority has spoken. You lose. Your slowly taken years off your life complaining about something that is out of your hands. For example, we could argue about Detroit all day. The big picture is this country will keep exporting jobs till we work for pennies. It's a global market, we all lose, corporations won, unions sold us out, American people are in survival mode. Next step will be live off the land. Just look around! Stock pile while you can

Keep cryin ole timer miner. If you spent more time watching the road than griping about your union and employer, you'd be more pleasant human being. You see, your one man. Majority has spoken. You lose. Your slowly taken years off your life complaining about something that is out of your hands. For example, we could argue about Detroit all day. The big picture is this country will keep exporting jobs till we work for pennies. It's a global market, we all lose, corporations won, unions sold us out, American people are in survival mode. Next step will be live off the land. Just look around! Stock pile while you can
You have a very sad outlook on life, young man. You've already given up..."Survival Mode" to you is to lay down, roll over and take it. You must be such an inspiration to your children. What did Samuel Clemens say?...."If a man is a pessimist before he's 40, he knows too little,...If he's an optimist after he's 40, he knows too much.....".....Too deep for you? How do you know we're "sold out"?.....you're not even in a Union. Do you regard every Union man a fool? ....Complain?.....No,...I do things.....Volunteer quite a bit.......Raise 4 children for a living....can't be a complainer doing that......You're confusing complaining with activism, and speaking up, and standing up for what's right. You must've been raised to shut up, sit down, keep quiet, and bow your head in the presence of your "betters". Is that the best you can do?....Get on our site here, and try to agitate and upset people who actually have a voice in the prospect of a better industry for all.........even you, by default,......?....And the only thing you can do is to be obtuse and illiterate?....Pretty sad, Young Man,.....when us "Old Timers" have to show you how to fight the Good Fight,....because you've already given up and are running scared,....and you think the Corporations have a deathgrip on your soul.......Well,....cower in your hole, there....Stick your head out from time to time and make little catcalls and raspberry noises,...and try to insult and harass us with stupidity......We'll just have to march on without you.....Unless we start winning.....Then we know where we'll find you......hanging on to our coattails,.....Right?

And......You've hurt my feelings.....I'm not a Pleasant Human Being?.....Why,....I thought I was just busting out with hilarity and merriment......and now you've burst my clown bubble........I'll have to take off my red rubber nose, greasepaint, and big floppy shoes, now........all because you think I'm not ....Pleasant.............Damn..........Well!....I'll have to look on the Bright Side.......I know how to Punctuate!,......And you Do Not!!.....such a little thing,...but it makes me Happy....

And......You've hurt my feelings.....I'm not a Pleasant Human Being?.....Why,....I thought I was just busting out with hilarity and merriment......and now you've burst my clown bubble........I'll have to take off my red rubber nose, greasepaint, and big floppy shoes, now........all because you think I'm not ....Pleasant.............Damn..........Well!....I'll have to look on the Bright Side.......I know how to Punctuate!,......And you Do Not!!.....such a little thing,...but it makes me Happy....

Once a clown, always a clown, make-up or not. It is a state of mind.

P. S. Punctuation AND Spelling ROCK!

Glad your happy! Your lies bleed through your grammar. A couple of chest thumpers can't fix this cheap labor problem. We live in an era of dancing with stars and Orange County housewives. The majority of the next generation are weak people that lay down and do nothing . Look at the employees at Walmart. They love being brow beat. But nobody will step up! I wonder why? I like your enthusiasm but I'm callin bs on your change drive Obama. I see these conway convicts treated like garbage daily, but yet they either get fired or come back for more abuse. So, I don't see anyone fight big corps, just a few knuckleheads on the TB. How many trucking companies has the teamsters organized since the 90s. Ups freight? And you wonder why I won't pay dues

Sort of like you bellyaching how ABF won't put you on their payroll, eh.

You seem like a pleasant enough clown to me. But I could be wrong. Perhaps you should be the angry clown, the one that scares the audience half to death.

I'm joking brother, keep up the good work!