Reddaway | Teamsters Pensions and health ins. Q&A

Chet

TB Lurker
Credits
Looking to start a board for Pensions.
If anyone has questions I will answer what I know.
I know good info on USERA Regulations for members deployed in Military, you rights and so fourth. so ask away.
I would like to know do you lose anything if you are peer 84 and go to master?
I understand you can get 80 and out, but do lose anything by doing that?
I think both plans are useless for healh ins. after you retire.
Anyone have good suggestions for health afetr retire?
And has anyone used AFLAC? they any good?

I have 3 AFLAC plans. Have used the Intensive care one a couple times. They processed the claim very fast and no major paperwork. I use the other one and get reimbursed for routine care. I like the plans and they are not very expensive either. Also have the cancer plan. Hope I never have to use that one.

I know good info on USERA Regulations for members deployed in Military, you rights and so fourth. so ask away.

My understanding is the master is a higher hourly rate and I would think the payout would be higher as well.

I have a question about military deployments.
if you are deployed does the company have to hold your senority or do they only have to offer you the same paying position when you return?
also do you still build your saftey record for the time your deployed?

Military deployments

When on any military deployments either TDY or regular, volunteer or not employer must keep you same position(senority) and if union, pay increases plus also you can not lose time for your pension. No money will be added to your pension plan, but you will still retire same day as if you never left. (time is still credited)
On you return if you missed a bid you are entitled to bump in as if you never left to a position that is at your senority level.
Ensure you report back to work when orders are complete or none of this will apply. I think its 30 days but that needs to be confirmed, Also 5 years is the max you can be on orders. you can restart that 5 years by returning to work for a inspecificied time.
If this or any conditions are not met or seem unfair, let me know, I have connections that will promptly fix this or other military issues. Our troops deserve the best and I will ensure they receive it. I have been deployed many times and so far company has been above great on this issue. But not sure if all terminals are the same page. But they stand to face serious charges if they violoate any of these rules.
Be advised they must give you at min. 10hrs off prior to a drill weekend, so if your bid gets you in late and you need drill is in a fews hrs that is not permitted. And you must be given off 10 hrs to rest before duty.

Oh and thanks for answers on AFLAC guys .

If you go from a contract that has the 84 and out to a contract that has the 80 and out you must do 36 months under the "new" PEER program to qualify for it. You asked "Do you lose anything?" Depends on how you look at it. PEER 84 costs 6.5% and PEER 80 costs 16.5% so to answer your question you could, depending on the total contribution amount.

When it comes to USERA the one thing I have heard that the company may or may not do depending on the situation is notify the proper Trusts if a person goes away and/or comes back from military leave. It is important that the guys make sure the company has done this because certain trusts protect the guys in situations as it pertains to their H&W. The trusts have documentation they have the company fgill out and send to the trust when they go and when they come back.

gameday

If you go from a contract that has the 84 and out to a contract that has the 80 and out you must do 36 months under the "new" PEER program to qualify for it. You asked "Do you lose anything?" Depends on how you look at it. PEER 84 costs 6.5% and PEER 80 costs 16.5% so to answer your question you could, depending on the total contribution amount.

When it comes to USERA the one thing I have heard that the company may or may not do depending on the situation is notify the proper Trusts if a person goes away and/or comes back from military leave. It is important that the guys make sure the company has done this because certain trusts protect the guys in situations as it pertains to their H&W. The trusts have documentation they have the company fgill out and send to the trust when they go and when they come back.
time to put on your game hats!!!!