FedEx Freight | Teamsters Roll Call...Who's getting the ball rolling?

You kidding me you don't make what the union drivers make even with 15% give back. Not to even close you must be complete in denial. Hay we don't pay are health ins the company pays $279 per week enstine. You do have to have 3 days work that week. You be smart to ride a team of horses the a team of jack asses. You better do some research.

I've heard we have as many as 130 cards already signed. There is another meeting Saturday at the local hall. This is for real gentlemen.

Remember even all that you have a long way to go. Look you want to keep the voting pool small the company wants to keep large . The argue we want the whole system to vote. Don't be scared where the unions logos. Don't let them brow beat you good luck.

Thank you, it will be a up hill battle at our center from the drivers ive talked too. Im just hoping for the best and hope the other drivers see the light.

Not just one. ABF, YRC, and UPS. UPS is the only one that makes more than us but not sure how much they make after the give back as the guy I talked to didn't participate in the giveback.

Just to help with some info. About the union companies your boss won't tell you. The best insurance in the business and you and your family coverage is "free" to you. It is part of your contract. Within that insurance is dental and vision program that costs you nothing. If you go out and have an accident after 20 years of service ( or however long) you can't be fired for 1 mistake ( as with non union carriers). You are guaranteed a starting time daily ( not a given with many non union) . When you clock in you are guaranteed 8 hour minimum ( casual 4). No 1 hour and go home. Overtime over 8 hours daily ( huge). There are negatives also but these are a few things Fed Ex doesn't want you to be aware of.

we will have to pay for insurance.hall told us to stay out of central states pension and benefit fund.will have a contract like upsfreight.401k,portable pension fund that is in place.more money from fedx,ins and benefits.work rules on paper. also no hr department for fedx.contract will include office help also.

we will have to pay for insurance.hall told us to stay out of central states pension and benefit fund.will have a contract like upsfreight.401k,portable pension fund that is in place.more money from fedx,ins and benefits.work rules on paper. also no hr department for fedx.contract will include office help also.

Good deal, those were just the things that were in place when I retired 1 1/2 years ago.

Thank you, it will be a up hill battle at our center from the drivers ive talked too. Im just hoping for the best and hope the other drivers see the light.

Luckily we have some of the most heartless management and the worst hr department on the planet. The managers at my barn have such little respect for us as people the cards basically signed themselves. Use that info. Expose the policy and management practices to the rank and file. Also be sure to point out the little things like when a red shirt takes a day off in the summer and us drivers aren't allowed to take a day off until October. If you hear a manger trashing an employee speak on it. Management at my barn trashes the guys with fmla publicly all the time. They don't care why the driver has it or what that man is going through they just call the guys liars and claim they take advantage of the situation.
Remind everyone if people first was a real thing we wouldn't be signing cards and voting union yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Luckily we have some of the most heartless management and the worst hr department on the planet. The managers at my barn have such little respect for us as people the cards basically signed themselves. Use that info. Expose the policy and management practices to the rank and file. Also be sure to point out the little things like when a red shirt takes a day off in the summer and us drivers aren't allowed to take a day off until October. If you hear a manger trashing an employee speak on it. Management at my barn trashes the guys with fmla publicly all the time. They don't care why the driver has it or what that man is going through they just call the guys liars and claim they take advantage of the situation.
Remind everyone if people first was a real thing we wouldn't be signing cards and voting union yes

I don't care what people think about the union. There are some companies that need or deserve to be union. UPS and FedEx are the two biggest in my opinion.

The work rules and the end of favoritism are two of the biggest reasons for me. Usually the ones that get the most favoritism fights against the union the hardest.

FedEx can pay the wages and benefits we get at UPSF but they like all greedy corporations would rather put it in their pockets rather than the drivers that make

it all possible. Drivers are the ones out there taking the chances and in some cases dying. I hope you all come together and decide what's best union or stay the

same as you are.The choice is yours as a company. Everyone needs to respect his or her co-worker's decision and go with the majority. After that each person has

the right to go and get another job if he or she is not happy.... Just my two cents having gone through this with UPSF...

I agree with everything you said, but sadly at our terminal their is alot of mis info about the unions. I talked to a guy Friday and he said the younger guy's like him and myself probaly wont work much if the union is voted in. I told him that wasnt true we are not going to be moving less freight but that seems to be the consensus with alot of the guys at the bottom of the seniority board.

I will let you guys know how it goes tonight our meeting is this afternoon I don't want to say much more but I am expecting over 100 people at meeting between the 3 of us if more great will let you know tonight.Keep on pushing those cards brothers.

Just to help with some info. About the union companies your boss won't tell you. The best insurance in the business and you and your family coverage is "free" to you. It is part of your contract.

I think your talking about master freight contract with the insurance. When I was at ups freight we had to pay for our insurance. When I was under master freight it was free, including family if you worked a average of 3 days a week

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk