ABF | Teamsters, Trucker ABF Freight Reach Tentative Contract Deal

this site would explode with a
1400 people online at once

I remember in the good old days when CF went out they crashed my server... There were no SSD's then and it would bog down till it crashed we have that covered now but it is pricey

Processor = Intel Xeon E3-1220 V3 3.1GHZ, Quad Core
• Memory = 16 GB RAM
• Operating System = Linux CentOs 6 - 64Bit
• Drive Configuration = 120GB SSD
• Drive Configuration = 1TB SATA

ABF, Teamsters negotiators agree to tentative collective bargaining compact

http://www.dcvelocity.com/articles/...e-to-tentative-collective-bargaining-compact/

The next and probably the most difficult step will be selling the proposal to ABF's union workers, a truculent group that took four months to ratify the 2013 compact after the company and union leaders had signed off on it, and almost shut down the carrier in the process. Union leaders are scheduled to meet with workers April 10 and 11 to discuss the proposal.

This short paragraph was the reason that made me decide it was time to make a reply to Mark Solomon. He has done nothing but shed the ABF Teamsters in a bad light when it comes to the negotiations... starting with this one in 2013...

With one-month reprieve, ABF and its pugnacious rank-and-file retreat to separate corners

Truckingboards.com is a lively forum where truckers, who are normally opinionated people, go online to vent on the issues of the day. One recent post, from the handle of "Docker," who ostensibly is a unionized employee at ABF Freight System Inc., contained the image of a political button inscribed with the warning that "We Don't Want to Strike, But We Will!"

That could easily be dismissed as an idle, even foolish, threat since a Teamster strike could push the financially troubled less-than-truckload (LTL) carrier, which has lost about $230 million since 2009, over the edge, with thousands of jobs going with it. Yet it should be remembered that the 7,500 or so Teamsters employed at Fort Smith, Ark.-based ABF have been known to march to their own collective drummer.

In May 2010, while their union brethren at chief rival YRC Worldwide Inc. agreed to three separate wage and benefit concessions to drive down YRC's costs and keep it afloat, ABF's rank-and-file rejected similar givebacks that management said were needed to remain competitive. In the process, it defied its own union leadership that had negotiated the concessions.

http://www.dcvelocity.com/articles/20130402-abf-teamsters/

IMO... he's Judy's go to guy to give the company a favorable review while at the same time making the ABF Teamsters out to be incorrigible and incapable of reason seeing how we even defy our leadership and all.

Judy also knew he was the best person to send that email to about the YRC buyout to. I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was a direct line from Judy's office to his. That article of his stated that ArcBest sent him that email while Judy acted all surpised and like she wasn't the one responsible for it's untimely arrival seeing how she put out that statement to her employees right after that article came out. As a matter of fact... I think she started that letter to the employees the very moment she had someone send that email to DC Velocity.

Judy also knew he was the best person to send that email to about the YRC buyout to. I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was a direct line from Judy's office to his. That article of his stated that ArcBest sent him that email while Judy acted all surpised and like she wasn't the one responsible for it's untimely arrival seeing how she put out that statement to her employees right after that article came out. As a matter of fact... I think she started that letter to the employees the very moment she had someone send that email to DC Velocity.

9233195231.png

1638360344.png

http://www.dcvelocity.com/articles/20130508-yrc-rebuffed-in-move-to-acquire-abf-abfs-parent-says/

https://talkbusiness.net/2013/05/report-yrc-made-bid-to-acquire-abf-freight-updated/