want to be Teamsters. Our members in the Parcel and Small Package Division
and the Freight Division deserve much of the credit."
"UPS knew that the entire leadership of the union was meeting this week
in Las Vegas," said Ken Hall, Director of the Teamsters Parcel and Small
Package Division. "They knew that we would either ramp up our campaign or
they could come up with an agreement such as this that the union has been
seeking."
The Teamsters intend to organize one group, negotiate a strong contract
and then build on such a victory to organize other terminals.
Meanwhile, UPS has agreed to the Teamsters' demand to early
negotiations for the 2008 National Master United Parcel Service Agreement.
UPS Teamsters sought early negotiations to ensure protection of their
retirement and health care benefits.
Founded in 1903, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters represents
more than 1.4 million hardworking women and men throughout the United
States and Canada.

SOURCE International Brotherhood of Teamsters

Kennesaw Kid said:
Teamsters Win Major Agreement at UPS Freight

Card-Check Agreement Boosts Organizing Campaign at Former Overnite

LAS VEGAS, June 27 /PRNewswire/ -- Teamsters General President Jim
Hoffa announced today that the union has won a card-check agreement at UPS
Freight, providing a major boost to the Teamsters' organizing efforts at
the former Overnite Transportation. Union leaders have been pursuing with
UPS the negotiation of an organizing agreement since UPS bought Overnite
last year.
"We have been working hard on winning UPS Freight workers a strong
voice on the job," Hoffa announced at the Teamsters 27th International
Convention in Las Vegas. "Our ongoing member mobilization and education
drive at UPS Freight helped accelerate this historic victory. UPS Freight
workers all over the country are telling UPS and freight members that they
want to be Teamsters. Our members in the Parcel and Small Package Division
and the Freight Division deserve much of the credit."
"UPS knew that the entire leadership of the union was meeting this week
in Las Vegas," said Ken Hall, Director of the Teamsters Parcel and Small
Package Division. "They knew that we would either ramp up our campaign or
they could come up with an agreement such as this that the union has been
seeking."
The Teamsters intend to organize one group, negotiate a strong contract
and then build on such a victory to organize other terminals.
Meanwhile, UPS has agreed to the Teamsters' demand to early
negotiations for the 2008 National Master United Parcel Service Agreement.
UPS Teamsters sought early negotiations to ensure protection of their
retirement and health care benefits.
Founded in 1903, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters represents
more than 1.4 million hardworking women and men throughout the United
States and Canada.

SOURCE International Brotherhood of Teamsters

NEW YORK, June 27 (Reuters) - The International Brotherhood of Teamsters said on Tuesday that United Parcel Service Inc. (UPS.N: Quote, Profile, Research) had agreed to allow the union to try to unionise UPS Freight, the trucking company UPS acquired last year.

The Teamsters have been trying to negotiate an organising agreement with UPS Freight since last August, when UPS bought the unit, previously called Overnite Transportation.

UPS is the world's largest package delivery company,

The former Overnite, which has about 17,000 employees and handles 41,000 shipments daily, had revenue of $1.65 billion in 2004, its last full year of operations as a separate entity.

While roughly 86,000 union drivers at UPS Ground are represented by the Teamsters, Overnite has resisted unionisation for years.

Recently, the head of UPS Freight said the unit would not encourage union membership.

But the Teamsters said on Tuesday UPS Freight had agreed to a "card-check agreement", which typically means an employer recognises the union once a majority of employees have signed up on cards in an agreed-upon membership unit.

This only means they are welcome to visit the terminal instead of following and harassing our drivers no more no less....Notice how the memo has Quotes from the Teamsters.....Nothing from Upsfreight or UPS...

Johnnybegood said:
This only means they are welcome to visit the terminal instead of following and harassing our drivers no more no less....Notice how the memo has Quotes from the Teamsters.....Nothing from Upsfreight or UPS...
DUH! The agreement is that UPS won't comment or interfere one way or the other......

:cool: Oh you think they would admit to sending or authorizing those DVDS:duh: ...Thats funny lets blame Overnite ....Ha Ha thats funny...:biglaugh:

Johnnybegood said:
:cool: Oh you think they would admit to sending or authorizing those DVDS:duh: ...Thats funny lets blame Overnite ....Ha Ha thats funny...:biglaugh:

Why not....Mr. Eskew did.....KK

Johnnybegood said:
Thats who i'm talking about...:smilie_132:

Goodthen we both agree!
Mr. Eskew said he knew nothing, nor did he authorize thos DVDs........see how easy it is?.....KK

Kennesaw Kid said:
Goodthen we both agree!
Mr. Eskew said he knew nothing, nor did he authorize thos DVDs........see how easy it is?.....KK
So Only Overnite lies to get things done, Right ....Mr Eskew is an angel and would never say or do anything to benefit UPS...Yeah right thats why everyone say's we need representation Cause UPS is the BIG BAD WOLF.........:duh:

Johnnybegood said:
So Only Overnite lies to get things done, Right ....Mr Eskew is an angel and would never say or do anything to benefit UPS...Yeah right thats why everyone say's we need representation Cause UPS is the BIG BAD WOLF.........:duh:

People need representation at any company (not just a UPS subsidiary) not because the company is like the big bad wolf, but because companies' managment will often act in there own best interest. While they are acting in their own best interest the couch there actions in terms that indicate they're acting in "the company's" best interest.

Quite often they are in the company's best interest.

But often they are not.

When they are not it is often the case that the workers are the losers. A united front is the only way to insure that you are offered some measure of protection against some of management's uglier personel decisions.

If the company can negotiate with: their customers over rates; and with their suppliers over costs; with upper management over their own compensation packages; then they can negotiate with their employees, as a group, over the employees compensation and working conditions.

Its only as a group that employees have enough leverage to make any negotiations take place between equal parties.

skeeterhawk said:
your sarcasm just makes me more determined to not sign a card. it implies that one can't make his own decisions.
Skeeterhawk,
I was talking about nobody other than Johnnybegood. Enough said.

i'm amazed at how many people from other companies post on here and know what we need or want. all the smart--- remarks are a complete turn-off to me.

Skeeterhawk -I hope I haven't come across as a smart a** or a know it all. My only intentions have been to answer questions, stick to the facts and ask a few questions also.

There sure has been alot of information posted lately..

is hard to weed all of these thoughts out.
some good ,some bad?
A whole lot of sarcastic remarks.

I don't know about the rest of my co-workers at UPS Freight but these issues are something I'm going to have to pray about.

Being on both sides of the fence for long periods of time its hard to know whats going to be best for our company?

You all know that the Bible is my standard of information.
In one place it states: And ye shall know the truth,and the truth shall make you free.
(John:8:32)

But with this huge flow of information thats been flying through cyber space since UPS told the Teamsters to have at it with us, its hard to sort out the truth?

skeeterhawk said:
i'm amazed at how many people from other companies post on here and know what we need or want. all the smart--- remarks are a complete turn-off to me.
This goes both ways...They only seem like smarta$$ comments because they go against what you think....We all make them and the ones that agree with us think there funny...The other people don't see them as funny......And get all hurt and offended.....