TForce | Teamsters Win Major Agreement at UPS Freight

I'm not offended GT I just think theres a lot of info to sort out.

Actualy I never get offended.
I have my feelings hurt once in awhile,but I just pray that God will have mercy on whoever does the hurting,than let it go.
I live a life of peace,and I don't let anything bother me for very long.

Its also a whole lot healthier if you can live a stress free life.

As far as sarcasum,I do think a lot of it is funny no matter who is doing it.

I'm also very good at being sarcastic myself.

But the point I was trying to make is theres been a lot of diffirent thoughts,and ideas from both sides of this organizing issue that has to be weeded out to know what will be the best move for all of us UPS Freight employees.

Its a very big decision to make,and I for one want it to be the right way to go.

Apostolic said:
Actualy I never get offended.
I have my feelings hurt once in awhile,but I just pray that God will have mercy on whoever does the hurting,than let it go.
I live a life of peace,and I don't let anything bother me for very long.

Its also a whole lot healthier if you can live a stress free life.

As far as sarcasum,I do think a lot of it is funny no matter who is doing it.

I'm also very good at being sarcastic myself.

But the point I was trying to make is theres been a lot of diffirent thoughts,and ideas from both sides of this organizing issue that has to be weeded out to know what will be the best move for all of us UPS Freight employees.

Its a very big decision to make,and I for one want it to be the right way to go.

We all have our futures and families involved in this....That is why I get very upset when people just say to go away....Why should I give up and leave or ask someone to do the same.....I can respect anyones opinions and do my very best to listen...And we have a long ways to go....Both sides have to step up and show us they care abouy US to some extent.....But which ever way itr goes we still will have a responsibilty to stick together and fight for the wrongs that others point out.....I support anyone that goes out day after day and gets it done for their family and if you wear the same shirt we share a common bond....

skeeterhawk said:
your sarcasm just makes me more determined to not sign a card. it implies that one can't make his own decisions.
He is so biased but will not admit it........:duh: By the way i cant stand Leo ...But a Union card will not solve that....

skeeterhawk said:
i'm amazed at how many people from other companies post on here and know what we need or want. all the smart--- remarks are a complete turn-off to me.
HE is part of the PRO UNION march...I say HELL NO AGAIN........:biglaugh:

Johnnybegood said:
He is so biased but will not admit it........:duh: By the way i cant stand Leo ...But a Union card will not solve that....
JBG,
If, in your world, biased means pro-Union, then by all means I am biased.
You told John/nyc hell no to the Teamsters....he asked you if you had reasons.....I knew you wouldn't provide any reasons, which you haven't. I'll admit that I'm not really positive that you make your mind up by whatever your boss tells you, which is what I told John/nyc, but I suspect that it's probably true, and you didn't even deny it. All you did was tell Skeeterhawk that I was biased. Normally when someone asks someone else a direct question in a civil debate, you'd think that the question would be answered, right? How about answering John/nyc's question instead of avoiding it? Seriously, when a person avoids questions such as this after making a statement, it looks like they had no reason for posting the statement in the first place....and this tends to make them lose some credibility to the other posters. Wouldn't you agree?

UPSF personnel should make their own decisions. do what is best for you and your family. the outside people for the most part want to be helpful if you have questions we can answer. like I said before to Apostolic, go to the meetings prepared with your questions. get all the information that you can.

Did anyone who has posted on this topic attend the convention last week??

I did as a delegate of my local and UPS Feeder driver and everything I heard about this issue sounded like a great improvement for all Onite and Motor Cargo people. Bring your wages and benefits up to par with UPS workers. That was the main topic, not this old wore out excuse that the Teamsters are there just to drain your pocket book dry. How many years do folks have to hang on to this diatribe anyway...
You need to know that Ken Hall of the Teamsters Union and Mike Eskew have a great working relationship with each other, which led to changes at the former Menlo Logistics operations to bring all these operations under one agreement, instead of the 27 agreements they were operating under.

I would ask all to do alot of research themselves to get a idea of what this organizing drive is all about, and drop the memories of the past about the Teamsters and Overnite Transportation, since is just that, memories...

stldude44 said:
JBG,
If, in your world, biased means pro-Union, then by all means I am biased.
You told John/nyc hell no to the Teamsters....he asked you if you had reasons.....I knew you wouldn't provide any reasons, which you haven't. I'll admit that I'm not really positive that you make your mind up by whatever your boss tells you, which is what I told John/nyc, but I suspect that it's probably true, and you didn't even deny it. All you did was tell Skeeterhawk that I was biased. Normally when someone asks someone else a direct question in a civil debate, you'd think that the question would be answered, right? How about answering John/nyc's question instead of avoiding it? Seriously, when a person avoids questions such as this after making a statement, it looks like they had no reason for posting the statement in the first place....and this tends to make them lose some credibility to the other posters. Wouldn't you agree?
I doubt we can agree on anything....:smilie_132:

saddletramp said:
Did anyone who has posted on this topic attend the convention last week??

I did as a delegate of my local and UPS Feeder driver and everything I heard about this issue sounded like a great improvement for all Onite and Motor Cargo people. Bring your wages and benefits up to par with UPS workers. That was the main topic, not this old wore out excuse that the Teamsters are there just to drain your pocket book dry. How many years do folks have to hang on to this diatribe anyway...
You need to know that Ken Hall of the Teamsters Union and Mike Eskew have a great working relationship with each other, which led to changes at the former Menlo Logistics operations to bring all these operations under one agreement, instead of the 27 agreements they were operating under.

I would ask all to do alot of research themselves to get a idea of what this organizing drive is all about, and drop the memories of the past about the Teamsters and Overnite Transportation, since is just that, memories...

Saying they could bring our wages and benefits up to par with UPS workers is a great tactic to get people to sign cards,
but is it realistic or even feasable for this to happen?
I highly doubt it.
UPSF(not UPS) would get run right out of buisiness because all the other freight companies can do it cheaper,and UPS isn't going to subsidize our wages out of their parcel profits.

Hopefully people aren't gullible enough to belive we could get parcel wages and sign cards.

I mean,if you truely want to sign a card,that is your right,but don't do it thinking we are going to get $26 an hour and $.67/mile.
The only way I see that happening is if we are the only freight company around,and I dont see that anytime soon.

The way its going...(with everyone buying everyone).....at some point there will only be a few LTL companies...but there will still be compitition that can do it for less(unless the remaining companies were under the same contract).

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
Saying they could bring our wages and benefits up to par with UPS workers is a great tactic to get people to sign cards,
but is it realistic or even feasable for this to happen?
I highly doubt it.
UPSF(not UPS) would get run right out of buisiness because all the other freight companies can do it cheaper,and UPS isn't going to subsidize our wages out of their parcel profits.

Hopefully people aren't gullible enough to belive we could get parcel wages and sign cards.

I mean,if you truely want to sign a card,that is your right,but don't do it thinking we are going to get $26 an hour and $.67/mile.
The only way I see that happening is if we are the only freight company around,and I dont see that anytime soon.

The way its going...(with everyone buying everyone).....at some point there will only be a few LTL companies...but there will still be compitition that can do it for less(unless the remaining companies were under the same contract).

That dog won't hunt......UPS makes billions with Union labor now....how would they lose money with Union freight employees?

THEY HAVE VERY DEEP POCKETS, so don't worry about your job!....KK

Kennesaw Kid said:
That dog won't hunt......UPS makes billions with Union labor now....how would they lose money with Union freight employees?

THEY HAVE VERY DEEP POCKETS, so don't worry about your job!....KK

my comment was in refference to the notion that we could make the same wages as UPS.
Are there any other FREIGHT companies that pay UPS wages?....NO there aren't,as far as I know.
That being said,would we still pull freight at a much higher wage...without passing it on to the customer?...I doubt it....So what does that mean?...the customer will ship with someone else cheaper.

And yes,UPS currently makes billions of dollars with union labor now,but there is also more money in the parcel business,and only three major competitors...of which only one of those is union(USPS).
FedEx is not,and DHL is not.

And their not going to dip into their parcel profits to keep UPSF running at a loss.

But then again,it is the union mentality that a company isn't supposed to make a profit...they are supposed to give it to the employees and break even....LOL...Kinda defeats the purpose of owning a business.

"And their not going to dip into their parcel profits to keep UPSF running at a loss."........they paid cash for Overnite....they got the cash to price the freight to get the business away from ALL competition.

Have you not notice the increase in accounts since UPS took it over?....KK

my comment was in refference to the notion that we could make the same wages as UPS.
Are there any other FREIGHT companies that pay UPS wages?....NO there aren't,as far as I know.
That being said,would we still pull freight at a much higher wage...without passing it on to the customer?...I doubt it....So what does that mean?...the customer will ship with someone else cheaper.

And yes,UPS currently makes billions of dollars with union labor now,but there is also more money in the parcel business,and only three major competitors...of which only one of those is union(USPS).
FedEx is not,and DHL is not.

And their not going to dip into their parcel profits to keep UPSF running at a loss.

But then again,it is the union mentality that a company isn't supposed to make a profit...they are supposed to give it to the employees and break even....LOL...Kinda defeats the purpose of owning a business.
Dont you know companies are Evil.................:biglaugh:

Kennesaw Kid said:
"And their not going to dip into their parcel profits to keep UPSF running at a loss."........they paid cash for Overnite....they got the cash to price the freight to get the business away from ALL competition.

Have you not notice the increase in accounts since UPS took it over?....KK

I personaly have not.
We lost alot of runs at my terminal,with the addition of NBR,so we are just now starting to run pretty good again.

I personaly have not.
We lost alot of runs at my terminal,with the addition of NBR,so we are just now starting to run pretty good again.

I agree with GLAD on this one. We have lost runs, accounts, logistics (running freight different directions), sleeper teams picking up freight on the weekend so Sun runs are cancelled, etc...

Things here out west need to be looked at very closely.

I also agree with my co-workers,we have lost buisness..

We all were understanding, once we were rebranded with one of the worlds most famous brands (UPS) that they were going to be able to undercut the rates of all the other LTL trucking companies,and we would become very busy.

But insted we've lost customers due to highier rates.

Yes Sir highier rates that were admitted to by our meeting leader.

When I asked my 20 year old question about why we as a non-union LTL trucking company, have less customers than the union carriers with their highier per employee cost of wages,and benefits under the NMFA?

So whats wrong with this picture?

Overnite was hogish on their freight rates,now UPS Freight?

I for one have no clue?

Let me ask this, why are some of the anti-union employees posting here won't sign for NMFA which LTL companys are already a part of, but they say they would support the Package contract if offered to us? If you say we couldn't compete if this was the case why is it the only way they would support representation? I said all along that NMFA is more than enough for me. I ask this respectfully.

WIGGLEWAGON said:
I agree with GLAD on this one. We have lost runs, accounts, logistics (running freight different directions), sleeper teams picking up freight on the weekend so Sun runs are cancelled, etc...

Things here out west need to be looked at very closely.
A terminal up north that I run to every trip said the same thing, sleeper teams are taking trlrs on the weekend (obvously not on thier own, VA is telling them to). And some one is messing up the trlr pool. I singled out of three different terminals along with three other drivers. This used to be a big no no. You take two in you take two out. Not anymore I guess.