XPO | Tearing the place apart!?

JonBoy73

TB Lurker
Credits
I guess Mr. Miller is coming to visit and they are literally tearing the whole place apart. They have painted the outside of the building and are working on the inside now. Every closet and office has been cleaned out, and all the junk is sitting right in the middle of the main office now. To my knowledge we do not perform surgery there so why does every little nook and crany need to be "hospital clean"? Especially when no one cares about it and it looks like crap the other 11 months out of the year! Anyone else going through this? :tribehasspoken: I do wish he would speak with each one of us individually so he can find out what is really going on everywhere. He would probably find out a lot of things that people are afraid to say publicly.

JonBoy73 said:
I guess Mr. Miller is coming to visit and they are literally tearing the whole place apart. They have painted the outside of the building and are working on the inside now. Every closet and office has been cleaned out, and all the junk is sitting right in the middle of the main office now. To my knowledge we do not perform surgery there so why does every little nook and crany need to be "hospital clean"? Especially when no one cares about it and it looks like crap the other 11 months out of the year! Anyone else going through this? :tribehasspoken: I do wish he would speak with each one of us individually so he can find out what is really going on everywhere. He would probably find out a lot of things that people are afraid to say publicly.
"hospital clean" is a pet peeve of his. he doesn't care if it's a table out in the open or the hot water heater in some small corner of the building it has to be spotless.
when he came to xco last year i did get to talk to him for about 3 Min's i didn't really have time to talk to him .was working the dock at the time and didn't have the time to B.S with him.

JonBoy73 said:
This company does a lot of outright stupid things to appease their egos. The real problems we have cannot be fixed. Heavy damages,severe shortage of quailty manpower, ECT.ECT.

Mr M was at Clearfield (XLF) last month and our SCM hide at bunch of stuff in a 53' trailer so everything could look perfect. Out of sight is all that matters here! Lets hide from real problems. It would have been priceless to see the look on Mr M face if he opened that trailer and saw all the stuff hidden in there.

mota said:
Mr Miller was at Clearfield (XLF) last month and our SCM hide at bunch of stuff in a 53' trailer so everything could look perfect. Out of sight is all that matters here! Lets hide from real problems. It would have been priceless to see the look on Mr Millers face if he opened that trailer and saw all the stuff hidden in there.
With the little i know about Mr M... I would think hiding stuff would be a lot worse for a SCM than having it sit out... lol

Mota tell Taz howdy

I agree a bunch of smoke and mirrors when the top brass comes in. Why can't they do surprise visits to see what it is really like.

if mr.m was as strict on cleanliness as he is rumored to be then surprise visits be basically spent handing out pink slips LOL . they just throw their weight around to intimidate people and scare people. mr.m is supposedly goin to be @ xef @ 7a.m. next wed .that means our scm will be there about 3 a.m. putting the finishing touches on everything. just a thought to ponder and maybe geta good laugh out of ,..they had one of our flex drivers painting the store room floor with a 3 inch roller .now tell me who is goin to care if the floor is painted or not? also might i mention the water heater in the store room which holds maybe 5 gallons of water was shining brighter than my new truck!!

mota said:
Mr M was at Clearfield (XLF) last month and our SCM hide at bunch of stuff in a 53' trailer so everything could look perfect. Out of sight is all that matters here! Lets hide from real problems. It would have been priceless to see the look on Mr M face if he opened that trailer and saw all the stuff hidden in there.

Welcome to the boards mota. It's good to have you here

loose change said:
I agree a bunch of smoke and mirrors when the top brass comes in. Why can't they do surprise visits to see what it is really like.

That's about all we ever see.... When someone from XGO comes through our SCM Cleans up and Paints but never fixes the problems like the fact that only 2 of our exaust fans (out of 9) work on one side of our dock or repairing/replacing our dock plates which are literally falling off the building... But he is really good at impressing people with paint and brooms...

Oh well, That's life...

Mozartsghost said:
That's about all we ever see.... When someone from XGO comes through our SCM Cleans up and Paints but never fixes the problems like the fact that only 2 of our exaust fans (out of 9) work on one side of our dock or repairing/replacing our dock plates which are literally falling off the building... But he is really good at impressing people with paint and brooms...

Oh well, That's life...

Paint is to Terminal Managers as duct tape is to the general public.. Paint makes everything good..

damn and i thought my terminal was bad
we power washed the doors inside and out had drivers washed the ceiling of the dock yes the top of the dock was scrubbed and the dock floor to get all the marks off the floor we had every thing spick and span squeaky clean
we were told that it was the worst looking terminal he has seen
what a kick in the face that was

dockboy said:
we power washed the doors inside and out had drivers washed the ceiling of the dock yes the top of the dock was scrubbed and the dock floor to get all the marks off the floor we had every thing spick and span squeaky clean
How do you and your team think it looks.He was just still pissed that jack didn't win last weeks race.

dockboy said:
That would be the day when I cleaned the ceilings at anyboby's terminal. I am a driver/dock worker.

well mr.m will be in xef wed. we had a saturday crew already there @ 7 am to power wash the stuff they painted last week and repaint some of the stuff they already painted. the man isnt goin to be there more than 20 -30 minutes .but he has evryone intimidated to think they are going to lose thier jobs if he cant eat off the dock floor . i think if my TM wants to really suck up he should serve picnic lunch on the dock while guys are breaking and loading paint. let let mr .m know effingham is mroe worried about looking good than moving freight!!

ccc81000 said:
That would be the day when I cleaned the ceilings at anyboby's terminal. I am a driver/dock worker.
You are a at will employee,You will do what you're tolled to do, when you're tolled to do it.They say jump,You say how high or you can work some were else.On the other hand where's your sense of pride in the place you work.

clean dock?

Many moons ago when I drove for the Big R, we had a big shot show up at our dock. The place was a mess...he wasn't upset. He told us that " A clean dock shows me that you aren't busy"....go figure!

gfy said:
You are a at will employee,You will do what you're tolled to do, when you're tolled to do it.They say jump,You say how high or you can work some were else.On the other hand where's your sense of pride in the place you work.

Do they also tell when when to go to the bathroom?? Anybody worth their salt worries more about the customer than irking the boss. Sounds like you have a morale problem in spades.