Yellow | tears of the elderly

When you start working for a union company all you have is your senoirity, you put up with the layoffs and the COOs and when you get enough senoirity that you dont have to put up with the BS, along comes a young driver that gets in his probation period and the first thing he wants is for you to quit so he can make all the money. Senoirity should count for something, put in your time, pay your dues and one day you will have enough senoirity that you can ignore the driver that wants you to quit.

When you start working for a union company all you have is your senoirity, you put up with the layoffs and the COOs and when you get enough senoirity that you dont have to put up with the BS, along comes a young driver that gets in his probation period and the first thing he wants is for you to quit so he can make all the money. Senoirity should count for something, put in your time, pay your dues and one day you will have enough senoirity that you can ignore the driver that wants you to quit.
Excellent post! It seems that there are a lot of guys in a certain unnamed terminal in Southeast Pennsylvania who haven't figured this out. Must be that Me Generation thing going on there.

Hey don't antagonize the youngsters, their votes in the future may cut off us old guys benefits.Our pension my just
money.gif

AWAY

What happened? It really surprises me to hear that skinny Eddie was flexing on some day lighters, wow.

No this was way back not long after I started, you know mainly on call jockey, and I argued the 60 hr rule applies to jockey's too. I was told there would be a steward waiting for me when I got there, and it was UnionJack(no relation to Kangaroo) After he drug me out he told me he only ever saw one other person make Special Ed that mad, and he just got his job back for like the 9th time so that was a compliment. Long story short, I greived it, the old b.a. stood behind me, and we settled on if you don't want to work over your 60 you can stay home until you have the hours or if your greedy and want the ot then you can work it, but it's our choice not their's.

No this was way back not long after I started, you know mainly on call jockey, and I argued the 60 hr rule applies to jockey's too. I was told there would be a steward waiting for me when I got there, and it was UnionJack(no relation to Kangaroo) After he drug me out he told me he only ever saw one other person make Special Ed that mad, and he just got his job back for like the 9th time so that was a compliment. Long story short, I greived it, the old b.a. stood behind me, and we settled on if you don't want to work over your 60 you can stay home until you have the hours or if your greedy and want the ot then you can work it, but it's our choice not their's.

Last I heard, yard jockeys didn't have to follow the 60/70 hour work rule as long as they never go outside the gate.

No this was way back not long after I started, you know mainly on call jockey, and I argued the 60 hr rule applies to jockey's too. I was told there would be a steward waiting for me when I got there, and it was UnionJack(no relation to Kangaroo) After he drug me out he told me he only ever saw one other person make Special Ed that mad, and he just got his job back for like the 9th time so that was a compliment.

I bet you that was a site to see with him being that mad. I know they treat some of their people pretty bad too. The one SOM, Russ S., was throwing things in a temper tantrum and then picked up a telephone and was acting as if he was going to throw that at John W. (Supervisor) a short time ago. Never-the-less, maybe they should spend some time and money for anger management and training in social skills. After all it is 2008, not 1910! :shrug:

Last I heard, yard jockeys didn't have to follow the 60/70 hour work rule as long as they never go outside the gate.

No, the argument was I didn't want to work over 60 hours period, hell I'm happy with 40. If you can't live on a 40 hour check, with what we make, reality is you got problems, and I have a life out side Yellow. But at the time I was on call and wore out, because you never know when the damn phone is going to ring. I still feel on call should be banned, I hate it, and I can't see how guys did it for all those years it just sucks. The other side is I preferred to run the city and no hours ment no city. Now I think it's if you over 60 you can't leave the yard, I'm not sure I haven't been out there in a few years.

Your time in the yard horse is to be logged if you have other employment that takes you out on the public highway. Remmember, you can work all the hours you want, but you CANNOT DRIVE after 11 hours or 70 hours in 8 days

Hours of Service

You can do all the work you want on company property. Cross into the public roads and you got to fill out hours of service.