Teen driver dies after dump truck crashes into 9 vehicles at red light

Jeff

Looking for Trolls
Administrator
Super Administrator
Credits
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (KCTV/Gray News) - Police in Kansas say a teen has died in a crash involving a dump truck Wednesday afternoon.

According to the Overland Park Police Department, a 17-year-old driver was killed after a dump truck slammed into nine cars that were stopped at a red light.

The crash happened at the intersection of Metcalf Avenue and 115th Street, about 15 minutes from the downtown area.

Police said the truck struck the teen’s vehicle first. The 17-year-old was transported to the hospital but later died.

Overland police said the dump truck driver is having their blood tested as the crash remains under investigation.

The department did not immediately identify the drivers involved.

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (KCTV/Gray News) - Police in Kansas say a teen has died in a crash involving a dump truck Wednesday afternoon.

According to the Overland Park Police Department, a 17-year-old driver was killed after a dump truck slammed into nine cars that were stopped at a red light.

The crash happened at the intersection of Metcalf Avenue and 115th Street, about 15 minutes from the downtown area.

Police said the truck struck the teen’s vehicle first. The 17-year-old was transported to the hospital but later died.

Overland police said the dump truck driver is having their blood tested as the crash remains under investigation.

The department did not immediately identify the drivers involved.

I'm damn lucky, that could've been me in 1998 when I was a new class B dump trk driver. I was hauling rip rap for construction of NC421. I was still learning how to downshift to slow my load and missed a gear as I was coming to a red light. I managed to recover but my ass ate my Hanes up before I got stopped.

I see this every day here , dump trucks going too fast , leaking stone , untarped , speeding (really speeding) running reds all the time . 3 weeks seen one come up behind me on a city street and could see him working traffic , a Police
squad with the lights slows to run the intersection and the dump truck almost hit it . Missed it be at the most 2 feet and locked up all it's wheels sliding sideways . If there would of been a car or people on the corner on the right he would of killed them as well as the Police unit .

I see this every day here , dump trucks going too fast , leaking stone , untarped , speeding (really speeding) running reds all the time . 3 weeks seen one come up behind me on a city street and could see him working traffic , a Police
squad with the lights slows to run the intersection and the dump truck almost hit it . Missed it be at the most 2 feet and locked up all it's wheels sliding sideways . If there would of been a car or people on the corner on the right he would of killed them as well as the Police unit .
Runs red lights by way more than a few seconds in Chicago and suburbs and in northern suburbs their causing brutal accidents