tell me about nemf

c-money

TB Lurker
Credits
I need to know should i take a chance with nemf or go back to con-way, or wait for a transfer with fed ex freight

I need to know should i take a chance with nemf or go back to con-way, or wait for a transfer with fed ex freight

stay away from nemf. i spent 6.5 years of my life with them,and i could have been elsewhere getting better pay/benefits/respect. they have apoor excuse for a union, which is "in bed" with the nemf heirarchy.

they will mess with you as your time grows there. by this, you may have senority, and you should be able to turn down loads going to terminals you wish not to do so. this should go to lesser senior drivers. by and by, you will be doing layovers in places you wished you never heard of. not to mention, layovers don't end at your 10 hour break. they end at the start of the next dispatch time for linehaul drivers, which can be anywhere's from 9:00PM till 2:00 AM in the morning. meaning, your layovers can be as long as 16 hours.................

of course, this is all if you were going to go linehaul with them.

as a city driver, you get the crappiest of tractors, the crappiest of runs, the long hours, and then they mess with your start times the next day. you will never have a decent day with them.

hey thanks, i have a chance to run linehaul from Toledo ohio to Cleveland. I just wanted to no the truth about the company

likehaul in toledo

stewie griffin here on the girlfriends computer. if it were me, knowing what i know, i'd go upsf. they're even hiring road drivers in toledo last i knew. i have a friend that started with them at the end of last year and is very happy. they start at 46 cpm.

I'll finalize the motion! AVOID NEMF at all costs. I've wasted 8 years of my life on the road for these guys and have seen the working conditions spiral exponentially downward over that time.

Equipment: Terrible

Morale: Obviously bad

Pay: I make 45cpm running the Northeast. OTR guys make 54cpm.... (Heartland)

Dispatch: Can you say forced? Hey Ernie, my contacts are great! They run mostly "open" runs - meaning that you are not told if you will return home or not - prob. not

Maintenace: Performed by vendors while you sit along the road. (making $10/ hour)

I could continue but I have to update my profile on careerbuilder. :)

If you have a poor driving record and can't get hired at a reputable company you can always get a job here! Warm bodies welcome!

I'll finalize the motion! AVOID NEMF at all costs. I've wasted 8 years of my life on the road for these guys and have seen the working conditions spiral exponentially downward over that time.

Equipment: Terrible

Morale: Obviously bad

Pay: I make 45cpm running the Northeast. OTR guys make 54cpm.... (Heartland)

Dispatch: Can you say forced? Hey Ernie, my contacts are great! They run mostly "open" runs - meaning that you are not told if you will return home or not - prob. not

Maintenace: Performed by vendors while you sit along the road. (making $10/ hour)

I could continue but I have to update my profile on careerbuilder. :)

If you have a poor driving record and can't get hired at a reputable company you can always get a job here! Warm bodies welcome!
ok now answer this how do they treat there office workers???????

nemf chews em up and spits edm out
In Harrisburg PA USF Holland is growing fast. Need city and road drivers bad. If you would like seinorty fast come over here. Just remember tell every thing on app. Road drivers take a little longer to get on. You will be out 5 to 6 days. The bad news is you only start out at 75% but you will make money.

NEMF Office personnel.

I suppose that the treatment of the office workers varies greatly depending on a couple of determining factors:

Location: Some terminals in more out of the way locations seem to be comrprised of office employee's with extended tenures, while other busier terminals have a much higher rate of turnover.

Position: Terminal Manager? Supervisor/ Dispatcher? Clerical? There are no concrete guidlines for day to day corperate function. Generally the TM's determine the working conditions of all personnel at their terminal.
Amost all of the NEMF facilities vary greatly in all aspects of the basic job functions, ie: receiving, loading, billing, dispatching, etc..

So, If you get an interview and get along with the TM's and his business practices, you will be good to go. (until the TM is let go by corperate).

Also, avoid night dispatcher jobs at "break bulk" facilities. Many are "salary" and can be observed working 12+ hour shifts... Heya Gary!

Hey Bud. If you're so unhappy here, why do you stay? You are not helping to fix any problems by venting your presonal frustrations this way. I heard one of the other guys in Pittsburgh left for Heartland and he's reported that the job is going very well to start. If you think the grass may be greener there, go for it dude. If you're gonna
tough-it-out here, figure out some way to fix
what's wrong. This isn't the way. :nutkick:

Hey Bud. If you're so unhappy here, why do you stay? You are not helping to fix any problems by venting your presonal frustrations this way. I heard one of the other guys in Pittsburgh left for Heartland and he's reported that the job is going very well to start. If you think the grass may be greener there, go for it dude. If you're gonna
tough-it-out here, figure out some way to fix
what's wrong. This isn't the way. :nutkick:

G Anis,

Here is the Wikipedia definition of a forum:

An Internet forum is a web application for holding discussions and posting user generated content.

By continually posting your pro-company propoganda you are becoming a:

Trolls
Main article: Troll (Internet)
A troll is a user that repeatedly and intentionally breaches netiquette, often intentionally posting derogatory or otherwise inflammatory messages about sensitive topics in an established online community to bait users into responding. They may also plant images and data on networks that others may find disturbing in order to cause confrontation, such as links to goatse.cx. While not related to hacking trolling could be interpreted as banned by the American Computer Misuse act of 1990, where the intent of such mischief is to cause chaos is spread.

Also from wikipedia.com

Seriously though, "dude", can your job be so great that the problems that seem so obvious to the rest of us evade you completely?

What happened to the Machinists Union Pension push?

What happened to the split contracts?

Oh, while I'm at it thanks for the great routing book!

The only way to fix linehaul is to get paid by the hour, the same as p&d rate from the start time (with time and a half after 8). Upon being laid out we should receive $1.00/ hour extra beginning 12 hours from going off duty. If forced out for additional days, $1.00/ hour extra should be given for each hour worked. Want me to work the Dock? Fine. Hook pups? Fine. Break down? Fine. Slow down? great!

Then the company, who you are so fond of, can also enforce ETA because the nappers would be guilty of theft of company time.

Of course I know that this won't fly, because of the Thruway Doubles.

But at least be willing to discuss the real situation at NEMF instead of trying to use this site as a recruiting tool.

I think you are guilty of a lot of the things you are accusing me off.
The answer to your "What ever happened" questions is they are still in the works, because nothing is settled yet.
Regarding the recruiting remark, I take a
particular personal afront to it.
Images and perceptions are important. Why would anyone spend 12 years working some where to end up hating what he does?
Why would anyone in continueous pain and torment, continue to subject themselves to the thing they have come to hate?
Ask yourself which one applies to you.
Either you are part of the problem or part of the solution, there is no middle ground.
I say the ground is firmer on the solution side.
GANIS aka "THE TROLL" :ranting2:

Disclaimer

I thought this went without saying but,

The views and opinions that I express on this web site do not, necessarily, represent the veiws of NEMF, The Union, or any of my co-workers, friends or family.

They are only my thoughts and opinions on the topics discussed on truckingboards.com.

Thanks

The views and opinions that I express on this web site do not, necessarily, represent the veiws of NEMF, The Union, or any of my co-workers, friends or family.

They are only my thoughts and opinions on the topics discussed on truckingboards.com.

Thanks

Thats exactly what these boards are here for steelmiller.:1036316054: Have at it.

Thanks

i do believe that ganis is George Anis the union rep (union steward) at elizabeth...?? or perhaps the former union steward at elizabeth. either way, don't you just love a real "union man" in a spiraling downward trucking company? let's face it, NEMF is not the best place in the world to work at. never was, never will be either.

as stated, the equipment sucks, breakdown pay sucks, you don't always know for sure if you will be doing a turn or staying out overnight, etc,etc. i'm glad i just up and quit. best therapy i ordered for myself. it was like a "ton of bricks" being removed from my shoulders, that day i walked out.

oh yeah, i used "to love it" the way dispatch at any terminal would freely give away your assigned tractor when someone else from another terminal broke down, and you don't get to see your cb radio or any other personal belongings for an incredibly long time.............

Forgive me if I'm a little too passionate at times. You're right,
you are entitled to express an opinion. You're even entitled to
express multiple opinions. I guess
they call that "Freedom of Speech".
I just felt that you went a little past simple free expression into
complex eviceration and condemnation.
There is a lot going on, behind the scenes right now, that may result in improvements. I'm just saying that maybe you can leave a little hope for this in your thinking.
I think we both want a lot of the
same things and we each know who the other is. If you want to call me for my personal apology,
you know how to get my number.
Be well Brother! :smilie_132:

If you don't have a skirt, your as respected as the toilet they sit on in the morning.....Always be ready to take the blame. Crap rolls down hill!

stewie griffin here on the girlfriends computer. if it were me, knowing what i know, i'd go upsf. they're even hiring road drivers in toledo last i knew. i have a friend that started with them at the end of last year and is very happy. they start at 46 cpm.
@ Yellow it is .51 cents per mile!!

G Anis,

Here is the Wikipedia definition of a forum:

An Internet forum is a web application for holding discussions and posting user generated content.

By continually posting your pro-company propoganda you are becoming a:

Trolls
Main article: Troll (Internet)
A troll is a user that repeatedly and intentionally breaches netiquette, often intentionally posting derogatory or otherwise inflammatory messages about sensitive topics in an established online community to bait users into responding. They may also plant images and data on networks that others may find disturbing in order to cause confrontation, such as links to goatse.cx. While not related to hacking trolling could be interpreted as banned by the American Computer Misuse act of 1990, where the intent of such mischief is to cause chaos is spread.

Also from wikipedia.com

Seriously though, "dude", can your job be so great that the problems that seem so obvious to the rest of us evade you completely?

What happened to the Machinists Union Pension push?

What happened to the split contracts?

Oh, while I'm at it thanks for the great routing book!

The only way to fix linehaul is to get paid by the hour, the same as p&d rate from the start time (with time and a half after 8). Upon being laid out we should receive $1.00/ hour extra beginning 12 hours from going off duty. If forced out for additional days, $1.00/ hour extra should be given for each hour worked. Want me to work the Dock? Fine. Hook pups? Fine. Break down? Fine. Slow down? great!

Then the company, who you are so fond of, can also enforce ETA because the nappers would be guilty of theft of company time.

Of course I know that this won't fly, because of the Thruway Doubles.

But at least be willing to discuss the real situation at NEMF instead of trying to use this site as a recruiting tool.
There will NEVER be a pension there, EVER!!