Central Transport | Tell me why you left CT?

runawaytrain

Wear their scorn with pride.
Credits
Me? My values were at odds with their corporate culture. I stopped enjoying my job and dreaded going to work. The company was ethically challenged while I was left unchallenged with a need to seek better opportunities, The company had a reputation of being a bottom feeder and that reputation once earned, was unlikely to change. But by far the most important reason for me personally was my stress level was too high and it was affecting my physical and mental health and the relationship with my friends and family. And that alone was enough for me to know it was time to move on....And I did and will never look back. See for me it's not about the money like most. It's about self-respect....We all have our own path and I have found a different path that serves me and my family best.....For those that have chose to stay, I wish you the best.....Truly I do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me? My values were at odds with their corporate culture. I stopped enjoying my job and dreaded going to work. The company was ethically challenged while I was left unchallenged with a need to seek better opportunities, The company had a reputation of being a bottom feeder and that reputation once earned, was unlikely to change. But by far the most important reason for me personally was my stress level was too high and it was affecting my physical and mental health and the relationship with my friends and family. And that alone was enough for me to know it was time to move on....And I did and will never look back. See for me it's not about the money like most. It's about self-respect....We all have our own path and I have found a different path that serves me and my family best.....For those that have chose to stay, I wish you the best.....Truly I do.
Maybe the more important question is..........Why do you stay?

Several apps out - No phone calls yet :0(

P.s. It's a job and the paycheck clears the bank. Everything a driver could ask for... Right!!!

distance to their new terminal (doubled my drive) 10 hours lost OT, higher benefits cost, lost vac, lost PTO, lost holidays, being treated like a lowlife by management, incompetent management, bad reputation of company, no desire to ride out yet another storm

Because their word was not their bond. Lying sos's. I planed on sticking it out at Vitran until I was 59 1/2 then getting a laid back trucking job. I just got it a year earlier. My insurance is better. And half the cost. Overtime after 40. Lost more than 5 bucks an hour but my take home is the same or a little better. A couple more hours, 50- 53, but I sit reading a book or magazine 3-5 hours while I get emptied and reloaded. I' m happy. Less stressed. I don't touch freight. 6 stops a day. Home every night.

I don't work for CT, but I have to agree on the mental health portion. I just left con-way officially yesterday and boy what a relief it is. No worse feeling than looking at the clock going aww crap I have to go to work. Most nights it would literally take every fiber in my body to drag myself to go into that miserable place, to drive 3 hours to work all night at a reship with an even more toxic work environment.

My friends have said that I am a much nicer person since I am no longer in that environment, and I have to agree to some degree. Sure those big dollar paychecks were nice, but working 70 clock hours + all the other off the clock time was not worth it. Like they say, you cannot buy happiness.

I've only been in LTL for 2.5 yrs, but thats it driving wise for me. May try to get into the management side of things. But I can almost say with certainty that I will never do this line of work again. Sure I miss the good, hardworking guys on the dock and my fellow drivers, but each man must do what makes him/her happy. Just my 0.001c

Why I left

There is sooo many reasons why I left it would take awhile to put it all down.
1.When we first was told about the merger the letters started being put up that all runs will stay everybody will keep their jobs did that happen NO.
2.Runs was cancel the week before some of us went over . Office,dock workers were gone within 30 days.
3.Told to move to a new hub if we want to keep our job which was over 4 hrs one way for alot of us.
4.First week at CT nobody wanted to answer questions we had they had to find out.
5. We went from 5 night a week to 3 then down to 1 but hey you all are making good money then the last 3 wks we was down to one day.That does not look to me that we all kept our runs, nothing would change other then be dovetailing in.
6.I know you can not just in another place and expect no problems but when all theirs guys are getting the runs we get the short trip or sent home that is not right.But that is the way they do business.
7.Loss of our vacation, PTO then pay there is alot more but this just a few and was told no layoff.
Anyway that stress is over I thank God I found another job and that stress is over with gone CT can have their one day a week job.When you have a family they are important you are the provider and raise your kids right if all things was going on how was we teaching our kids to put up with all the things we was told that never happen and went down.My health and family with God is the most important thing to me especially after I have been thru this with cancer.I will say one thing all of V drivers all over the US prayed,sent cards,calls and wanted to know how to help the family at our terminal even my manager was always wanting to help.That means alot to us here.Praying everybody gets a good job what I have now I had to take a pay cut but the stress is not there now,TO all the V drivers as my son would say I SALUTE ALL of YOU for what we have been thru.Runawaytrain keep the good Faith going.