TForce | Tell me WHY

I for one am not ready to throw away the NMFA as a relic. As far as deregulation that occured 20 plus years ago and the NMFA has survived since then. If the NMFA truly does perish it will be for several reasons, the lack of organizing in the freight industry, the growth of the non-union freight companies and like it or not white paper contracts that are substandard to the NMFA. Non of us should ever forget that there was a time when it was said "the companies will never sign a master agreeement or even allow their companies to be organized" and people did die to prove the naysayers wrong.

The reality is that UPS will not sign a NMFA, and the employees are not willing to strike to see it happen. They will take the Indy contract,+ or - a few things. This is my opinion, based on my fellow employees feelings on the matter. :1036316054:

The reality is that UPS will not sign a NMFA, and the employees are not willing to strike to see it happen. They will take the Indy contract,+ or - a few things. This is my opinion, based on my fellow employees feelings on the matter. :1036316054:

I would strike in a heartbeat if it meant the end of my well being......:1036316054: Needless to say with this contract, it could be the end of the NMFA, but I also feel we are jumping to conclusions making that statement, I think the reason for UPS not putting us in the same contract is they want it too expire with thiers, and if a strike does occur, it's not inline with those in the NMFA, and they also save a few buck's in the process, but it does not mean we cannot mimick the NMFA, after all next time thier will be more bargaining power if more terminals hop on the bandwagon.

I for one am not ready to throw away the NMFA as a relic. As far as deregulation that occured 20 plus years ago and the NMFA has survived since then. If the NMFA truly does perish it will be for several reasons, the lack of organizing in the freight industry, the growth of the non-union freight companies and like it or not white paper contracts that are substandard to the NMFA. Non of us should ever forget that there was a time when it was said "the companies will never sign a master agreeement or even allow their companies to be organized" and people did die to prove the naysayers wrong.

I agree, a little pressure from those involved makes a bit of a differance, but we need more terminals to back us up in the process..

What would UPS think if NO other terminals turned in any cards until after the next NMFA is rattified later this year (2008) ? And all of the locals turned them in on the same day with a new copy of the NMFA and stated that this is the real deal ?

What would UPS think if NO other terminals turned in any cards until after the next NMFA is rattified later this year (2008) ? And all of the locals turned them in on the same day with a new copy of the NMFA and stated that this is the real deal ?
I would not even guess as to what that mite bring.

If you sign a card for representation.
Then the union officials say this is what you get,like it,or lump it.
Then what?