Temple,TX., I-35/Car/Semi Crash/Semi hit median burst & into flames

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
Raw Video>UPDATE: 2 lanes of I-35 southbound in Temple now open after fier - KXXV-TV News Channel 25 - Central Texas News and Weather for Waco, Temple, Killeen |

13182685_BG1.jpg

"Oh but I've not seen evidence of trucks catching fire and burning coming through MY mechanic bay," direct quote from a brand name semi-maker mechanic supervisor.
Well - no you wouldn't, by the time this happens, what's left is scooped up by a bulldozer and put in a roll off box!
Just glad no one died in this one.
Ya'll drive SAFE out there!

I can remember back in the day when you could throw a lit match into a pail filled with diesel and the match would go out.
Well that was back when I started in trucking which was the 60's.

Now that the environment is a big concern the government has included additives to cut down on pollution,however the diesel fuel now days is so volatile just a spark will set it off.

I have seen more vehicles being destroyed by fire in crashes in the last 10 years,where I think the fed.'s should have left the fuel be,in my opinion.

I agree with you Apostolic. It's disturbing the number of trucks that are burning after a crash. It seems ever since the low sulpher diesel the numbers have increased. When I was at USF in Texas we lost two drivers within a years time that were trapped in burning vehicles.