Averitt | Temporary Change to the HOS

LOLDFC

TB Lurker
Credits
December 2014 Update:
34-HOUR RESTART RULES SUSPENSION

With the signing of the Fiscal Year 2015 Appropriations bill by the President on December 17, 2014, key parts of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s (FMCSA) hours of service regulations that govern the 34-hour restart rule for truck drivers were temporarily suspended. The suspension (now in effect) will last until at least September 30, 2015 while studies on the safety benefits and costs of the HOS regulations are carried out by the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the DOT Inspector General.
Which HOS Rules Were Suspended?
The suspension targets two specific provisions of the HOS 34-Hour restart rules that went into effect on July 1, 2013.
  • First, the rule that allows commercial drivers to restart their clocks only once per seven days (168 hours) has been lifted for the time being. Now, you will be able to restart your clock more than once per week.
  • Secondly, you will no longer be required to include two 0100-0500 periods within your 34-hour restart.
Remember, if you have any questions regarding the recent suspension of the 34-hour restart rules, please contact your leadership.
For further details on previous Hours of Service rules and updates, please visit InsideAveritt.com/HOS.

The ATA got it's wish......now companies can run the DOG, out of a driver again. Personally I liked the prior rule...it got me decent home time...At least 48 hrs AWAY from the truck! Nice time for the change as winter is upon us....look for even more wrecks!

I agree jeep. Why do these people always have to be screwing with something that not a one of them understands.

I agree jeep. Why do these people always have to be screwing with something that not a one of them understands.[/Personally I thought the 2 ..1-5am periods was a good idea, also like the 30min break, did not care for only one 34brk per 7 days. The ATA is not a advocate for the drivers...only the companies.