SEFL | temporary GP work?

supahtrucka26

TB Lurker
Credits
I went to clock in on Friday night, there was a memo next to time time clock regarding temporary G&P work, does anyone know anything about this?:TR10driving03:

I heard in big terminals that rotating driver not working can go to work G&P for a short time until frieght picks up and come back when they want to and not lose anything. I work out of LRK 070 and we have WAT & DAL driver lay down here and they were telling about it.

there a 2 G&P drivers who park there trucks at my barn, i happened to catch one last night as he was coming in. he said that there work is slow too, he left out on sunday night and he only turned 1,900 miles that week. he said reason southeastern is wanting to get drivers to come over is b/c G&P are having drivers to quiting and going to work at another otr carrier.

The G&P strategy is aimed at one thing - keeping our guys working. The Cassels own G&P. In the red terminals, they are simple offering low senority drivers the option of work at G&P because they do not want to go to horrible rotations. Some guys are taking it, some guys are saying they don't mind a break for the first quarter. No matter what you decide, you're still an employee of SEFL and you still have senority, health care ect. It's a good deal, just another example of owners that care instead of these union morons laying people off. BE GRATEFUL EVERYDAY YOU WORK FOR SEFL PEOPLE!!!!

there a 2 G&P drivers who park there trucks at my barn, i happened to catch one last night as he was coming in. he said that there work is slow too, he left out on sunday night and he only turned 1,900 miles that week. he said reason southeastern is wanting to get drivers to come over is b/c G&P are having drivers to quiting and going to work at another otr carrier.

Why woulg they quit a great company when we are headed for a depression ????

1900 miles is not bad during these times mike.....matt i hope we are not headed for a depression.....if guys are quitting for other driving jobs.....who is hiring.....and matt great avatar....seen those pics on hanks....brings back memories....i like them old macks...

sup26....its to help us not to hurt us......just a way to keep us working....i do not want to do it but i would before i got laid off....i think you understand that now....there are guys wanting to do this just for a change.....:smilie_132:

1900 miles is not bad during these times mike.....matt i hope we are not headed for a depression.....if guys are quitting for other driving jobs.....who is hiring.....and matt great avatar....seen those pics on hanks....brings back memories....i like them old macks...

I can't remember but i know they were internatinals and they might have been emeryvilles. I know we froze in the winter time.

matt...they were emeryvilles.....they were a good truck i suppose..never drove one...cut my teeth on a wore out h-model mack...duplex tranny...run your left arm through steering wheel to hold wheel and shift high and low stick while your right arm went through gears all at the same time....anyway can not remember if the emeryvilles were made in ohio or illinois....

I don't think that the modern trucker would have liked them old truck.Toodays trucks are made so girls can drive them.Girlie trucks.

thats funny matt....still would like to make a run in an old one....those dang roadways use to fly for a company truck........