Yellow | Tentative 5 Year NMFA agreement - Breaking news

Not until the "2 Man Committee" gets it and votes to accept it on 1/8/08 in Washington, DC will the whole contract be made public to the members..........KK

Maybe now I can get called back to work!! It would be nice to have ins. for my kids again
That's all I wont for Christmas!!

Not until the "2 Man Committee" gets it and votes to accept it on 1/8/08 in Washington, DC will the whole contract be made public to the members..........KK

Wording like this worries me that it could turn out like UPSF.

{This is an excellent agreement,” said Johnson, Director of the Teamsters National Freight Division and lead negotiator for the union. “It provides good wage increases and protects members’ jobs and their health, welfare and pension benefits. It also allows the unionized freight companies to better compete with the non-union companies and gives the unionized companies opportunities to grow business in new areas.”}

Wording like this worries me that it could turn out like UPSF.

{This is an excellent agreement,” said Johnson, Director of the Teamsters National Freight Division and lead negotiator for the union. “It provides good wage increases and protects members’ jobs and their health, welfare and pension benefits. It also allows the unionized freight companies to better compete with the non-union companies and gives the unionized companies opportunities to grow business in new areas.”}

I think he wrote that comment down on paper and said, you know what Jimmy this is a damn good statement. I think I will say this is an excellent agreement all the time. I think it is good for the union worker:hysterical:, but I can feel my pocket getting fatter along with yours Mr. Jimmy Hoffa Jr. :smilie_132:

Tyson's famous last words!

Maybe it's a little too early to start complaining, but past experience tells us that we should be grabbing our ankles and bending over when Hoffa and Johnson think it's a great deal!

Well, I "heard" that it was $1.00 per year on benefits and $2.55 per hour over the five year period.....remember....that is just what I "heard."......KK