Yellow | Tentative 5 Year NMFA agreement - Breaking news

I'm with you Wolf!
People can make all the excuses they want about what the Union does or doesn't do for you or to you. But if you want to stay informed or want to make change, *****ing to your buddy in the break room won't cut it! Go to the meetings! You can make a difference.

:biglaugh: That was fun and like you said back to the contract. If some of the crap I'm hearing turns out to be true you won't have any reason to keep payin Dues. And of those "record profits" we heard about, how many new trucks you seen? New terminals? Or better yet a concertated effort to put more freight on our trucks? I just don't understand why we run a company so some fat cat on Wall Street can make money without getting his hands dirty. I'm gonna date myself here but whats wrong with growing a company to take care of the "Familly"? Guess it's my old hippy days. :smilie_132:

:biglaugh: That was fun and like you said back to the contract. If some of the crap I'm hearing turns out to be true you won't have any reason to keep payin Dues. And of those "record profits" we heard about, how many new trucks you seen? New terminals? Or better yet a concertated effort to put more freight on our trucks? I just don't understand why we run a company so some fat cat on Wall Street can make money without getting his hands dirty. I'm gonna date myself here but whats wrong with growing a company to take care of the "Familly"? Guess it's my old hippy days. :smilie_132:

wolf;247492I said:
just don't understand why we run a company so some fat cat on Wall Street can make money without getting his hands dirty. I'm gonna date myself here but whats wrong with growing a company to take care of the "Familly"? Guess it's my old hippy days. :smilie_132:

"We" don't run a company for "Them". "They" run a company for "Us." That's what most miss.....It's their jobs, and we do very, very well. It's mutual, but in the end, it's their company, their jobs.....

I'm a "Hands dirty" guy myself. But I have no investment money to keep a company like Yellow going. Companies run on profit for investors, and nothing else. Take away the profit motive, and we all starve. You can't feed a family on that. I had my own truck for 17 years before I joined the Teamsters 21 years ago. Then I came to the realization that I could either feed the family, or feed the truck. So I parked it, sold it, and joined the Teamsters. Money-wise-- this proposal sounds great. But-- the Devil's in the Details. Work Rule Concessions have to be made to keep competing. WHAT those work rule concessions are-- and whether or not they're palatable are the What Ifs.....

All the money in raises is no good if we give away our jobs thru layoffs (or worse-- I still expect them to someday combine Yellow's and Roadway's Road Boards-- it only makes sense-- and if I can see that-- be certain that Zollars has already planned it)...... Conversely-- being well paid is no good if we price ourselves out of business too......There's a balance. Supposedly-- this contract stikes that balance. I'd say we'll have to see......

wolf;247492I said:
just don't understand why we run a company so some fat cat on Wall Street can make money without getting his hands dirty. I'm gonna date myself here but whats wrong with growing a company to take care of the "Familly"? Guess it's my old hippy days. :smilie_132:

"We" don't run a company for "Them". "They" run a company for "Us." That's what most miss.....It's their jobs, and we do very, very well. It's mutual, but in the end, it's their company, their jobs.....

I'm a "Hands dirty" guy myself. But I have no investment money to keep a company like Yellow going. Companies run on profit for investors, and nothing else. Take away the profit motive, and we all starve. You can't feed a family on that. I had my own truck for 17 years before I joined the Teamsters 21 years ago. Then I came to the realization that I could either feed the family, or feed the truck. So I parked it, sold it, and joined the Teamsters. Money-wise-- this proposal sounds great. But-- the Devil's in the Details. Work Rule Concessions have to be made to keep competing. WHAT those work rule concessions are-- and whether or not they're palatable are the What Ifs.....

All the money in raises is no good if we give away our jobs thru layoffs (or worse-- I still expect them to someday combine Yellow's and Roadway's Road Boards-- it only makes sense-- and if I can see that-- be certain that Zollars has already planned it)...... Conversely-- being well paid is no good if we price ourselves out of business too......There's a balance. Supposedly-- this contract stikes that balance. I'd say we'll have to see......

My point is: We haven't even seen the contract, but many are ready to strike. To go back to "The Old Days", of beating people into agreement. It's a new world-- Dinosaurs, resistant to change, no longer roam the Earth. Everyone said that drilling in Alaska would kill the Carabou. They adapted-- finding the pipeline warm and attractive to mating, so they multiplied. We either adapt to the new world, or we become extinct. Trust me-- this contract was approved before it was ever announced.....Adapt, and get used to it.

My point is: We haven't even seen the contract, but many are ready to strike. To go back to "The Old Days", of beating people into agreement. It's a new world-- Dinosaurs, resistant to change, no longer roam the Earth. Everyone said that drilling in Alaska would kill the Carabou. They adapted-- finding the pipeline warm and attractive to mating, so they multiplied. We either adapt to the new world, or we become extinct. Trust me-- this contract was approved before it was ever announced.....Adapt, and get used to it.

Nope Jimmy I won't have to. You see I'm the old Dinosaur and will soon be gone. It will be up to you to adapt, and truley I feel for you guys. I honestly think that it is to the point that this job is not worth having. I too parked a rig in 91 and went this route cuz it was not worth it any longer. In my opinion this job is not worth giving the farm for. We are not that well compensated anymore for what we go through. One question tho--is the world a better place without the dinosaur?:Duel:

Nope Jimmy I won't have to. You see I'm the old Dinosaur and will soon be gone. It will be up to you to adapt, and truley I feel for you guys. I honestly think that it is to the point that this job is not worth having. I too parked a rig in 91 and went this route cuz it was not worth it any longer. In my opinion this job is not worth giving the farm for. We are not that well compensated anymore for what we go through. One question tho--is the world a better place without the dinosaur?:Duel:

Nope Jimmy I won't have to. You see I'm the old Dinosaur and will soon be gone. It will be up to you to adapt, and truly I feel for you guys. I honestly think that it is to the point that this job is not worth having. I too parked a rig in 91 and went this route cuz it was not worth it any longer. In my opinion this job is not worth giving the farm for. We are not that well compensated anymore for what we go through. One question tho--is the world a better place without the dinosaur?:Duel:

I thank Jimmy is right on point!! We have a very good job for what we do. Try living in a truck today make about .37 - .40 a mile do not get payed to set at a dock, sleep and shower in truck stops, work 6days a week and make about 800.00 dollars a week before taxes and living expenses. Then you have to pay bills and feed your kids. Now if you want INS. for you and your family that is another 150.00 to 200.00 per month on a 80/20 plan
I know this because I had to do it for a short time. So no matter how bad some say it is WE HAVE IT PRETTY GOOD>

Nope Jimmy I won't have to. You see I'm the old Dinosaur and will soon be gone. It will be up to you to adapt, and truly I feel for you guys. I honestly think that it is to the point that this job is not worth having. I too parked a rig in 91 and went this route cuz it was not worth it any longer. In my opinion this job is not worth giving the farm for. We are not that well compensated anymore for what we go through. One question tho--is the world a better place without the dinosaur?:Duel:

I thank Jimmy is right on point!! We have a very good job for what we do. Try living in a truck today make about .37 - .40 a mile do not get payed to set at a dock, sleep and shower in truck stops, work 6days a week and make about 800.00 dollars a week before taxes and living expenses. Then you have to pay bills and feed your kids. Now if you want INS. for you and your family that is another 150.00 to 200.00 per month on a 80/20 plan
I know this because I had to do it for a short time. So no matter how bad some say it is WE HAVE IT PRETTY GOOD>

Sorry I can't agree with you on this. The company now forces us min 10 hours a day, we drive some of the worst equipment around and they know you won't quit so you are treated like dog chit. My insurance is now no better than anybody elses (yes it is free). We do have it better RIGHT NOW but everone here seems to be afraid to fight to keep it. And I for one do not want to race to the bottom. Time to draw the line and let the chips fall :hide: What are you gonna do when they take the immigrants and make them truckdrivers? Adapt? Where do you guys draw the line, when is it to much? Aparently we're not their yet, but I see absolutly no indication of a point in time nor a plan when it is. And personly standing around and singing Cum Ba Ya is'nt gonna feed your family. And for the record when I parked the rig it was because Rdwy, Yellow, CF and all the rest started their cut throat policies and I would'nt run for that and everbody talks about the nons cutting rates.:argue:

Sorry I can't agree with you on this. The company now forces us min 10 hours a day, we drive some of the worst equipment around and they know you won't quit so you are treated like dog chit. My insurance is now no better than anybody elses (yes it is free). We do have it better RIGHT NOW but everone here seems to be afraid to fight to keep it. And I for one do not want to race to the bottom. Time to draw the line and let the chips fall :hide: What are you gonna do when they take the immigrants and make them truckdrivers? Adapt? Where do you guys draw the line, when is it to much? Aparently we're not their yet, but I see absolutly no indication of a point in time nor a plan when it is. And personly standing around and singing Cum Ba Ya is'nt gonna feed your family. And for the record when I parked the rig it was because Rdwy, Yellow, CF and all the rest started their cut throat policies and I would'nt run for that and everbody talks about the nons cutting rates.:argue:

OK we can agree to disagree, And YES we do need some control returned to the members. As for the proposed contract lets step back tack a deep breath and Waite and see what is in it

OK we can agree to disagree, And YES we do need some control returned to the members. As for the proposed contract lets step back tack a deep breath and Waite and see what is in it

:1036316054: I guess I've heard to many "rumors" from people that I consider reliable :hyper: thats why I act the way I do. Promise no more argueing till after the 8th. :toxic: :hysterical:

:1036316054: I guess I've heard to many "rumors" from people that I consider reliable :hyper: thats why I act the way I do. Promise no more argueing till after the 8th. :toxic: :hysterical:

Wow stldude Your telling all of the guys on the UPSF board to jump on that contract and be glad to pay our bennies but you arent willing to Whats up with that ?
Where in my post did you read that I said to jump on anything? I merely pointed out that we would not be paying for any of our benefits like some were paranoid about. That's what's up with that.