XPO | Terminal Closing

WHO KNOWS105

ASK ALICE
Credits
LSH, LTA, Southbend are all set to shut down is what they said in our meeting, there were some more but can't remember the names.

LTA was always considered the step-child of Con-Way according to my husband. They never put in time, effort or money into LTA to grow it. Meanwhile a few other ltl companies have managed to move in and do well in Texarkana. Without Sherman then Mt. Pleasant and up into OK won't be covered unless they have another plan.

LTA was always considered the step-child of Con-Way according to my husband. They never put in time, effort or money into LTA to grow it. Meanwhile a few other ltl companies have managed to move in and do well in Texarkana. Without Sherman then Mt. Pleasant and up into OK won't be covered unless they have another plan.
Are they re-ships? What class size our these terminals? Also, they going to be able to dove tail in where ever their freight is going?

So, LSA(Sherman, TX), LTA(Texarkana, AR), XJA (Jackson, MI) terminals are shutting down approx March 4th, and XSB(South Bend, IN) and XTO(Toledo, OH) reships(FAC's) are shutting down..

It's a change. I feel sorry for the drivers, dockworkers, and managers in these locations but I am glad at least something is happening rather than more of the same.

Last edited:
Are they re-ships? What class size our these terminals? Also, they going to be able to dove tail in where ever their freight is going?

No re-ships. LTA built a small SC here about 1992 and over the years they'd send SCM's through every couple of years. Appeared to be training them. Meanwhile LTA has been sitting directly on I-30 and I-49 has opened to Shreveport. Another highway is being worked on the Texas side to open up more area. This going to be a hub of highways and Interstate. Texarkana, TX has been growing albeit job wise it's not that great, mostly retail jobs and restaurants. That's mostly minimum wage jobs.

So, LSA(Sherman, TX), LTA(Texas Arkana, AR) terminals are shutting down, and XSB(South Bend, IN) and XTO(Toledo, OH) reships(FAC's) are shutting down. When is the effective date? The terminals that run to the closing FAC's will have to do a rebid or not?

March 4th for LTA and LSA.