XPO | Terminal Closing

Maybe they will start operating like the other companies and have an extraboard. Then they wouldn't have to run linehaul like a giant flexboard every night. That was my biggest annoyance when I was there.

No rebid for terminals affected by the closing. Start times will be made for drivers transferring in based on their company seniority. Sorry if that ain't what you want to hear but its the truth from the regional manager. No rebid is due to a vast majority of terminals receiving transfers. If they rebid it would create unnecessary cost and wasted labor in doing this. Suck it up buttercup it is what it is.
I thought it all depends on how the transfer is labeled. If you are following work then they will be dovetailed in if it a plan transfer then they go to the bottom of that SC seniority list

I thought it all depends on how the transfer is labeled. If you are following work then they will be dovetailed in if it a plan transfer then they go to the bottom of that SC seniority list
Just like last time a handful of terminals closed and the driver that came to our barn fit in his proper spot with seniority. No rebid. Don't need to rebid. If he is city then he stays city and so on

Just like last time a handful of terminals closed and the driver that came to our barn fit in his proper spot with seniority. No rebid. Don't need to rebid. If he is city then he stays city and so on

What do you do with a guy who bid linehaul first but didn't get it and was forced into city at his old barn, but has enough seniority at his new place to dovetail into a line spot?

What do you do with a guy who bid linehaul first but didn't get it and was forced into city at his old barn, but has enough seniority at his new place to dovetail into a line spot?

Good question??????

I don't know about anyone else but Conway/xpo has the most screwed up way the bids are done and as much as drivers bitch about seniority I surprised it's gone on this long. Everyone talks about seniority but fail to realize how little this company gives you. You really only use your seniority two time a year one at bids and the next time for vacation picks there are a few other time but those are small. In the companies I work for over the years both union and non union, that did bids, none of them took your seniority away after the bids. What I mean about that is when I would bid I would look at the bid sheet and print and sign my name on any open time slot (for city) or run (line haul) and that was it. At any time through the year they opened more time spots or someone quit or was fired there spot was open for bid starting with the #1 man and down from there until it was filled. The driver that filled the open spot would start that on the next Monday and this would contained until all spots were filled or it got to the bottom man. This is the only LTL company I know that has no penalty for switching from either city to line haul or vice versa. The ones I know about have a 1 year penalty meaning that you go to the bottom of that board for one year and next year you are put back into the proper ranking if you don't switch again.
Now the correct way this should be handled since these driver are being dovetailed into there new barn is they will BUMP any driver that is junior to them. This will go on until all bumps are done and the bottom man gets what's left. One way to not have this headache is to rebid the entire barn the same screwed up way Conway has been doing it for years.

So like the rest of you I get to enjoy my seniority really only about 2 month out of a year and watch junior guys get an open spot over a senior guys because they put it one number higher of there bid sheet

That's how it use to be the part about if something opened up mid year then they would go back look at what you bid and move people accordingly. At my barn that's how we did it the first maybe 7 years I was here the we got a new TOOL I mean TM and if a bid opens up guy quits or something he just fills it with a flex guy for the remainder of the year doesn't matter if the guy quits in February. I was thinking we were only dealing with that cause of BAD management but sounds like your dealing with it too

So like the rest of you I get to enjoy my seniority really only about 2 month out of a year and watch junior guys get an open spot over a senior guys because they put it one number higher of there bid sheet
and thats how it should work! if #10 senior guy bids a 9am bid as his 1st choice then he got what he wanted! if he really wants 5am but it was unavailable then he should've bid 5am as his 1st choice so if it opened up because driver#9 had it but quit,died,relocated,retired etc....he then would get that shift if drivers#1 to #8 all got their 1st choice. the bids are not complicated but some seem to think so! OH,LIKE my former scm who screwed me out of 6months of me working a 9am because that driver went out on long term medical<more then three months>which means his slot goes out to the next bidder not flex.

XPO has no control over this they just no longer have a contract with ralph Laruen to run the warehouse and RL had a new place built and they will be offering jobs to the XPO employee at the new place they just wont be XPO employees anymore

This happens all the time The same thing happened to Excel when they lost some of the Goodyear tire contract to Penske logistic
yea it sucks but RL could have not offer any of the XPO employees jobs

LTA is shutting down as of right now. They would have been open 26 years this coming May. The SC has won awards, stayed in the black pretty much every year. The first driver hired is out there now helping remove a few things, my husband. Others are either getting ready to head to LSL to work out of Shreveport from now on or else accept their severance pay and move on. The senior man after my husband won't be heading off with them.
It's sad but this is a scenario that's played out many times in the past and will do so many times in the future.

LTA is shutting down as of right now. They would have been open 26 years this coming May. The SC has won awards, stayed in the black pretty much every year. The first driver hired is out there now helping remove a few things, my husband. Others are either getting ready to head to LSL to work out of Shreveport from now on or else accept their severance pay and move on. The senior man after my husband won't be heading off with them.
It's sad but this is a scenario that's played out many times in the past and will do so many times in the future.

My sympathy and empathy both goes out to them. It hurts when your husband has dedicated so many years to the Green / Blue Team that being the CSW- CSE- Con-way the drivers I was with were closer than brothers and still are.

XON Olean N.Y. has 12-15 drivers no reship . and 4 linehaul runs per night . don't know if they just keep them around to cover for Buffalo, Rochester and Erie which they do several times a week . the regional profit report I read last week posted on HR's office door said they had a profit of $500 that's right a whopping $500 George Washington's . Maybe that's why the FOM quit last month

XON Olean N.Y. has 12-15 drivers no reship . and 4 linehaul runs per night . don't know if they just keep them around to cover for Buffalo, Rochester and Erie which they do several times a week . the regional profit report I read last week posted on HR's office door said they had a profit of $500 that's right a whopping $500 George Washington's . Maybe that's why the FOM quit last month

Management is quitting to get out before getting fired. The cuts have just started. I you have an option out. It would be wise to take it. There will be plenty more purging in the office.

Plenty of terminals in the system losing money right now. That will change. One way or the other. There are tons of changes coming. Should be an interesting year.

Profits over everything. And then in a few years to be sold again, just to go through someone else saying they can cut it further and make more money. They'll turn this place into Central Transort. Nothing but foreigners in freightliners.

My sympathy and empathy both goes out to them. It hurts when your husband has dedicated so many years to the Green / Blue Team that being the CSW- CSE- Con-way the drivers I was with were closer than brothers and still are.

If not for this bond and sense of family a lot more people would have jumped already. There is a lot of hesitation. But they are sure to ramp up the motivation soon enough.

with freight down, them losing freight, over abundance of drivers and ads running for new drivers is just leading to purging drivers out of the system. ramping up to start messing with pto and insurance it looks like, just like many companies in the past. follow the freight gentlemen because it's leaving xpo quickly.