XPO | Terminal Closing

with freight down, them losing freight, over abundance of drivers and ads running for new drivers is just leading to purging drivers out of the system. ramping up to start messing with pto and insurance it looks like, just like many companies in the past. follow the freight gentlemen because it's leaving xpo quickly.

You should have heard the lunch room last night after the FAC. All taking our half hour before the ride home. Guys comparing how many have already left this spring and how many more have one foot out. Just waiting on a spot to open up.

They also mentioned that guys are coming back from being hurt or whatever and being let go. Apparently FMLA only lasts 90 days. A guy with 27 years had a shoulder surgery. Out 4 months. Reports back to work and is told they don't have any work for him. He is out of a job.

You should have heard the lunch room last night after the FAC. All taking our half hour before the ride home. Guys comparing how many have already left this spring and how many more have one foot out. Just waiting on a spot to open up.

They also mentioned that guys are coming back from being hurt or whatever and being let go. Apparently FMLA only lasts 90 days. A guy with 27 years had a shoulder surgery. Out 4 months. Reports back to work and is told they don't have any work for him. He is out of a job.
One of the guys we had coming from XHB went to R+L before he was supposed to come to our barn.

As far as the FMLA deal , this isn't a new practice. We had a driver that had back surgery. He talked about (Con-way at the time) calling him and saying he needed to return to work in some capacity. He told me he felt rushed and there another driver off at roughly the same time (I can't remember what for) and he received a rush job from what used to be Con-way.

Personally , having had medical issues , I have never experienced this (with Con-way)

Also , Highspeeds , did they put Cowtown in the same group as the Queen City? I know they were on the same profit/loss sheet that I saw the other day.

One of the guys we had coming from XHB went to R+L before he was supposed to come to our barn.

As far as the FMLA deal , this isn't a new practice. We had a driver that had back surgery. He talked about (Con-way at the time) calling him and saying he needed to return to work in some capacity. He told me he felt rushed and there another driver off at roughly the same time (I can't remember what for) and he received a rush job from what used to be Con-way.

Personally , having had medical issues , I have never experienced this (with Con-way)

Also , Highspeeds , did they put Cowtown in the same group as the Queen City? I know they were on the same profit/loss sheet that I saw the other day.

Yeah. They re-did the districts or regions. We under the same zone now.

Guys, I'm just worried about losing my job. I both hate and love this place. I don't want to lose my job but in a sense I feel like it would just propel me forward to find something better; if there is better. I'm not moving forward but also not moving backwards. I'm not making any big purchases or anything but I do want to buy a new house. I'm just too scared to right now. While XPO has a lot to do with it the economy does too.

Another big part is having no communication within the company. I think its good there isn't at times and other times I think it would benefit us all to have more communication between TM/FOM/FOS/Drivers. Are we dying? Are we growing? Are we staying the same? Are we getting the freight in April?(Wasn't it March before?)

Neither of our leaders Jacobs or Brooks have said anything or published anything other than they'll show their drivers some love. How? More miles? Pay? I still haven't even been told by my local management or global management that their even is suppose to be a .50 pay raise. What are the stipulations? Did they post it on the Con-way/XPO Employee Portal Website? No? Where are you suppose to get that information? Who do you tell that management isn't telling you these things?

Last edited:
Guys, I'm just worried about losing my job. I both hate and love this place. I don't want to lose my job but in a sense I feel like it would just propel me forward to find something better; if there is better. I'm not moving forward but also not moving backwards. I'm not making any big purchases or anything but I do want to buy a new house. I'm scared to right now.
If your in an area that's been hit hard with low freight volumes, your decisions are wise. Play it safe, pay off as much of your debt as possible, bank as much cash as you can just in case.

Just remember driver, it's only a job. In the end that's all it is. You have a cdl, you can be working again pretty quick.

Guys, I'm just worried about losing my job. I both hate and love this place. I don't want to lose my job but in a sense I feel like it would just propel me forward to find something better; if there is better. I'm not moving forward but also not moving backwards. I'm not making any big purchases or anything but I do want to buy a new house. I'm just too scared to right now. While XPO has a lot to do with it the economy does too.

Another big part is having no communication within the company. I think its good there isn't at times and other times I think it would benefit us all to have more communication between TM/FOM/FOS/Drivers. Are we dying? Are we growing? Are we staying the same? Are we getting the freight in April?(Wasn't it March before?)

Neither of our leaders Jacobs or Brooks have said anything or published anything other than they'll show their drivers some love. How? More miles? Pay? I still haven't even been told by my local management or global management that their even is suppose to be a .50 pay raise. What are the stipulations? Did they post it on the Con-way/XPO Employee Portal Website? No? Where are you suppose to get that information? Who do you tell that management isn't telling you these things?
Its going to pick up in spring. It always does. Its hard sometimes during the winter slow down, especially this winter. Its slow everywhere right now at every outfit. 1st quarter is always the slowest, followed by the 4th. 2nd and 3rd will be the busiest. Tough it out if you can. Good luck and God bless you.

Was that a work-related injury? If so, that changes things based on his Doctors orders. FMLA is only 12 weeks...he should've had the info in hand.

Its going to pick up in spring. It always does. Its hard sometimes during the winter slow down, especially this winter. Its slow everywhere right now at every outfit. 1st quarter is always the slowest, followed by the 4th. 2nd and 3rd will be the busiest. Tough it out if you can. Good luck and God bless you.

It's going to pick up next spring, after the election.

That's kinda my feeling too, HS. This election will bring a new President in. Work is fairly steady at my place, but the whole nation is in a 'wait-and-see' mode right now.

Makes no sense either... Nothing changes no matter who is in office, they are in it for themselves. Wish people and businesses would realize that we live in an "is" not an "if" world.

Fmla is 84 days. Know someone who had cancer. Told he would lose job if he took it all. He had 3 surgeries. Back on day 80. Praying nothing more needed for awhile.

Prime example of the former Conway's 'humanitarian' side? Told he would lose his job if he took all the leave he was ENTITLED to?? Classic.

We got a guy that will come back every 80 days for a week, if he can make it that long. Toughing it out through some horrible ::shit:: .

Hey guys, non Conway employee here with a question, what is a reship? And is a FAC like a distribution center? Thanks for the info!