terminal closings at Wilson?

rexteamster

TB Lurker
Credits
I heerd that wilson was closing down some barns and laying off drivers. A former Richmond driver said that Wilson is in tough shape since, the new pricing guy from Roadway started. any word on Wilson?

Its true that Wilson merged a couple of terminals that were 50 and 25 miles apart.However Wilson is still as strong as any other LTL out here,and more financially sound than most.For the first time in history,we have had a few positions terminated,but show me an LTL that hasn't.

I heerd that wilson was closing down some barns and laying off drivers. A former Richmond driver said that Wilson is in tough shape since, the new pricing guy from Roadway started. any word on Wilson?

Two terminals were consolidated that were very close to each other. As far as the pricing guy from Roadway is concerned, we feel fortunate to get such a good person.

Wilson is as strong if not stronger than any other LTL carrier out there and they have ZERO debt.

Zero debt was a great "way to operate" from our founder. Being a small company in the trucking business makes us as strong if not bigger then "the Big Ones" .

I don't understand how anyone can try to blame one man for a companies slowness when every trucking company in the USA is slow also.I looked into this new pricing employee of ours and he has 32 yrs experience with one company. You ask me that's dedication and knowledge we can be proud of.I don't know him but seems a little far fetched for anyone to blame him for anything when we have a National economic failure going on.While i'm on my soap box let me say on top of all that Mr. C Wilson, Mr. G Wilson and Mr. Monroe are to smart to let one man ruin this company.I hope I don't get this post deleted for this statement but lets quit blaming individuals in any company and put the blame were it belongs , in our Government leaders, Both parties are to blame for this stuff and they saw it coming for awhile now and it will not get fixed overnight .To coin a phrase from one of our fallen drivers "I said all that to say this " start blaming the right people .:TR10driving03:

Salute

Big Bird, you and I don't always see eye to eye all the time, but I have to say you are correct. We can't blame one person on a WORLD WIDE economic crisis. It also didn't happen by itself. We or I was involved in the spending and enjoying the time at hand,now as a employee we have to buckle down and get down to doing what we do best,TRUCK. Also I Miss You Linehaulman Good Luck
Oh By The way Bird, I can't see you eye to eye because you're hard to look at, now that is funny!!!:hysterical:BigW-RD

"I can't see you eye to eye because you're hard to look at"
the truth is you can't see me eye to eye because you don't carry a foot stool around to climb on lol lol..........now that is FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!

That is funny, Mr. BigFoot in yellow feathers, club feet,STILL hard to look at, that's why Mr. C will only let drive at night,(don't want to scare the little kids) To big of a Insurance risk for you to drive in daylight, there's not any Sunglasses that would help. Peace Out BigW-RD