Holland | Terminal Closings

RD WK AB AL BA BE DU HA PH SY WB

All closing in the "next few weeks" It's from Jeff R. dated 3-19-9 called "Regional Network Improvements".

Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta go get my YRC dictionary and look up it's definition of "improvements"..:furious:​

I am from the Philadelphia terminal we got a letter saying all of the Northeast terminals will be closing plus Richmond and Witchita,Ks .April 3 will be our last dayNew Penn will take over sevicing these areas and YRC the others Buffalo and Erie will remain Holland it's been a good ride but good old Yellow put us in a hole and couldn't get out without pulling back our reins,funny thing is we can't follow the work to New Penn or YRC without starting all over again so I'm retiring I'll be 62 in August and I'm not bucking another list after 35 years in the union,good luck to all of my brothers and I hope Zollars rots in hell.:nutkick:

Good for you Smokeyjoe01 !!!!, You have earned it. You will never regrete it, same thing happen to me at the company I worked for. I was only 48, with 31 years in. I was not sure at first, but soon came to understand I made more take home after retirement, then I did working. Now add social security to this and you will be quite happy you went now. Best of luck to you and all of the other men and women affected. Trust me on this , you will be busier now than you have ever been. You will not know how you had time to work. :clap:

So we are still going to ship out towards those barns but NP will deliver? So how far will Holland go?. Which barn in the USF field will handle the sorting and loading of NP trucks? Will it be YT?

K-K the terminal that Wichita is in currently is not the old Dugan terminal, they sold it To CONWAY. We are in a old Roadway terminal back closer to the Pike

whatever i've drove by it it sure looked like the old dugan term too me. when did ya'all move ??

As of the 3rd I will be on the unemployment line just like the rest of the east coast guys. I wanna thank Ol' Dollar Bill for showing me that I don't need a truck to make a living. What we need is Zollars, Obama and good ol' junior to run together on a party ticket. It will be fun sitting around and collecting, but hey fishing season starts in a little bit. As far as the freight being given to YRC and NPME, I am gonna say yeah their might be but if I where you guys I wouldn't be planning on moving up on your lifestyle. From the word on the street around this neck of the woods it sounds like YRC is in another fantasy world just like they where down in the south when they shut our terminals down. I believe these college boys think the turn and burn won't happen twice. As far as the vendors that work on the equipment, they are owed some nice big chunks of change and are holding equipment to make sure the bills get paid. I had a good ride here at Holland and will never forget alot of the fun times with most of the guys. I hope you guys keep riding the waves as long as you can but from the way they are running the company anymore it's about ready to hit a breakwall. If you can't see this happening you might need to get your eyes checked. GOOD LUCK everybody and be safe.........now off to my next adventure on the 4th of April........:smilie_132:

This just makes me sick, we were all afraid this might happen and now it has. Good luck to everyone that this affects.

Hey guys, I just wanted to say that I am sorry for all those people working at the terminals that are shutting down. I hope that you might be able to transfer. Good luck to one and all of you.

This just makes me sick, we were all afraid this might happen and now it has. Good luck to everyone that this affects.

Good Luck Everyone, it really sux what the company and the IBT is doing, and has done to all of us. Just keep the faith and things will work out, we will all do what we have to do for ourselves and families, we will survive. The company might not, but we will.

Good luck all you guys, I know first hand there's life after YRCW. There's a news article about Hollands closing in Dorrance Pa.(Wilkes-Barre)in todays local paper, on the front page of the business section. It's a Hazleton Pa. paper called the "Standard-Speaker" I'd try to paste it up here, but I'm still a little computer stupid.

what will be the status of Erie and Buffalo terminals? do they continue operating as they are?
Yes erie and buffalo will operate the same , hollands term in buffalo is right next to new penns alot of the work will come through there to be broke for the east.

When I got in this morning I saw a driver that was in Albany NY.last night and he said when was there last night that YRC came in and shut them down.

ALBANY, N Y is still OPEN, but the company does want to cease operations there on Fri 4/3/09, only:mfight: IF the International APPROVES the Emergency Change request that is scheduled to be heard on Wed 3/25/09. The other Holland (former Red Star) terminals to close are: HA, BA, AL, PH, WB, RI, BE, DU, SY, AY and the Wichita, Kansas out west. These other locations will, most likely, also close that same date 4/3/09. :mfight:

thanks, I knew some drivers from Holland Buffalo and was wondering how they will be affected.
justice i no alot of the guys in buffalo i no the city work will stay the same .Im not shure with the dock being that new penn will now break loads coming from the closed terms that are going east. My hope is that new penn will take on guys from holland.Problem is with yrc every thing is done online its first come first hire if your a yrc employee. Guys are telling me you fill out your app online and its has a date and time on the form and thats how they hire you by whoever fills out the app first.