Holland | Terminal Closings

WARN Act -- Anyone out there who worked at ...

one of the terminals that is being shutdown? We believe the Act is being violated and would like to file a Class action complaint. Contact me via this website or at [email protected]

If YRC won't do this right, we'll try and make them.

I have a copy of the original " Letter of Understanding " dated July 9 2004 proposing the eastern expansion. Nowhere is there language concerning a 5 year commitment. However, I remember when they tried to close Sy and Al it was used to foil that .The only thing I can figure is that Ty Johnson and the negotiating team used Art. 8,Sec.6 of the NMFA where it specifies conditions for opening and closing terminals. Since then alot of water has passed over the dam and like so many things minutes of those meetings have never been available. Perhaps we will have to retain the services of an attorny like cercole again so he can supena those notes and minutes to clarify this issue. It still won't stop the closings but I bet it will put a different light on the status of those being terminated, of which I am one.Good luck to all involved. See ya ,bye.

Get your facts straight

If my firm and I had been paid 3.5 million, I wouldn't need this case.

All of the firms in Red Star were paid less than half of that
(1.6 mil) in total. And those same firms spent/risked over $700,000 getting that result -- with no promise of ever getting any money. That's how these cases get prosecuted -- firms get paid on some and get nothing on others.