Holland | terminal closings

any just hired a new salesman getting new acounts yellow is moving into thatbig barn taking 45 doors paying big rent someone said around 6500 a month plus sharing the light bill and plowing holland albany is working about 17 city men and 5 or 6 road good paying union jobs if this terminel did close none of this freight would go to union companys so please roumers of this kind are a lot more damaging i am at a 50 percent warn on truckingboards for calling guys sca-s these roumor guys should be blackballed

It makes me sick for someone to come out of the blue and try to start a rumor like this. These men have busted their tails to bring these terminals back from the dead. Sister company you should be ashamed trying to bring this old rumor up again. Try reading some of the uplifting articles coming out of their local papers. Maybe this post will make it past our mods. A p-ssed Grizz

Grizz said:
Why was my reply to nightowl deleted? Grizz
I just went back thru the history log and I cannot find any post that was deleted pertaining to the one you are talking about. None of the other Mods said anything about deleting a post.

For what its worth

nightowl said:
has anyone heard that syracuse and albany are alosing or is this just rumour again?

2 weeks ago when Dan V & Don D were campaining at our barn I asked about the future of the Holland expansion.

Their opinion was that if Holland tried to close Albany or Syracuse the union wouldn't give them the coo that they would need to do so.

They also said that there was a chance that Holland would open a terminal in N.J. because of all the work that Holland is doing here. And if they were to open that Jr has promised that it would be a 560 barn.

Grizz said:
It makes me sick for someone to come out of the blue and try to start a rumor like this. These men have busted their tails to bring these terminals back from the dead. Sister company you should be ashamed trying to bring this old rumor up again. Try reading some of the uplifting articles coming out of their local papers. Maybe this post will make it past our mods. A p-ssed Grizz
i was just asking a question to see if anyone had a answer. wasn't trying to start anything. don't take it so personal.

Same Ol' Crap!

Grizz said:

Gee Whiz Grizz... Just hang around any drivers room in the system and listen to the outlandish garbage some of the "girls" come up with! Most start out with the "perp" swearing he "saw it on the internet" or "it was on CNN". The latest example has to do with the lies being spread about CCX, ALL of which are blantently UNTRUE, I'm reasonbly sure of this after doing research online for over an hour this morning. Steve Sommers and his moronic radio show are NOT a credable source of industry news..... period!
Most of USF's rumours are just the same type of BS.
Booting the liars from the Union would be a just solution and probably allieviate our over-hireing dilema at the same time....... Better yet take the big-mouths to task and make the show verifiable proof and not some email from a friend of a friend of a friend that was forwarded by "somebody in the know", and do this in front of the entire room....... see how fast they get pissed and start backpedalling.
Make Em Keep it Real Brother..
GT@ SB linehaul :ranting2: :USA:

Same Ol' Crap!

nightowl said:
i was just asking a question to see if anyone had a answer. wasn't trying to start anything. don't take it so personal.
Nightowl,
Don't think anyone was taking anything personal, just venting at the frustration all of this rumor-mongering bring up. Our Linehaul drivers seem to delight in causing discontent in our company by constantly starting lies (some loosely refer to these as a "rumor") and seeing how far it will go. I've even been guilty of this myself..... but I usually make them so outlandish as not to be taken seriously..... but I'll be damned if a few haven't taken hold and flourished!!....... Hear the one about Holland opening terminals in Cheyene, Wy and Denver,Co to more efficiently interline with BestWay and Reddaway? Oops! It all started by some drivers eavesdropping on a conversation I was having with a friend about "wishing we would go to those areas because we both like the areas". By the time we left, the whole room swore Holland was moving in to these cities by the end of the month. We where laughing too hard to try to end it..... and I doubt anyone would have listened anyway. Everybody would have just called us fools for not believing it! Know what I mean?
Keep It Real Brother
GT@SB linehaul:ranting2: :USA:

yo...

as far as YELLOW goes, the albany terminal they're in now is way too small....

they combined 4 other terminals into it in 1997 (KIG, GLN, PIT, JNY) and have been swamped for dock doors (only 32) and parking lot since then (nothing like going in there on a saturday night with a set and having to pull an unhooked set off the doors and put it together in the snow).........

plus this is what yrcw is going to be doing in the future, combining assets and saving money on synergies like fuel and electric bills (imagine how much money they saved combining 9 terminals in connecticut into 1 terminal because state law requires a heated dock).......

good business sense makes for job security and pension fund security....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps; you can bet your *** that YELLOW will get triples access to ANY if the thruway authority ever caves in and allows them.....

any is moving into ay redstar oct 20 paying rent to holland sharing the light bill and plowing costs making hollands numbers look good i hope holland stays open in albany for no other reason than it is employing about 20 teamsters in the great local 294

better watchout GTA you will put every democrat out there out of business/ heck for that matt
er most all polticians:Bazzoka-Cow:
sounds like the drive bye newsmedia is at it again