New Penn | terminal manager acused of pushing shop steward at newpenn

brooklynhustler

TB Lurker
Credits
on march 28 a driver complained to the shop steward about another driver having less seniority getting a trailer run and the senior driver getting a straight truck run, the steward ask the TM how come the senior man keep getting the straight truck run, the TM stated he will do whatever i say, on march 29 the senior driver and steward went into TM office for a meeting concerning this situation, when steward ask the driver what was his complaint, he look at TM and got nervous and started stumbling at his word, after a brief moment the driver was ready and began his statement, the TM stated this meeting is over and told steward and driver get out of my office, steward told TM to let the driver finished and was repeatedly told get out of my office, the TM proceeded to push the shop steward out of his office physically

Want to get rid of him ?
Get out your pen and paper and write it down while it is fresh in your minds.
PM me for the rest !!

i found out about this incident when i arrived at the terminal. even though both TM and shop steward can't stand each other, im surprised it got physical. im pretty sure VP Bob N is driving up from PA wondering what the hell to do, lol. as for the driver who witnessed it, i also heard he isnt backing the steward here. this im not surprised at being that he is a "company guy". and as far as him being a senior guy,**** him ! he knows as well as anyone else that when you start that early : #1 - you're not guaranteed a run or your beloved tractor. #2- more than likely, you're headed to Manhattan ! being that he has a history of going to the city to deliver, the dispatchers already know to send him. this has been standard procedure for years yet he looks for favors from the guy who does the routing. he must think the company loves him the way he loves them, hahaha. wake up fool !

Last edited by a moderator:
You are right nobody should have pushed anyone, but I was just replying to the fact that the guy was pissed that he had to get the straight job run.

You are right nobody should have pushed anyone, but I was just replying to the fact that the guy was pissed that he had to get the straight job run.
Its comes with the job somebody at our place is always crying including myself..........i just want to see how this turns out.

You must be talking about unassigned starts...also if you both start at the same time the senior man does get to pick which run he has,but not the truck (unit).. senority prevails at all times..unless your local franchise (union local) gave that up.. and if your TM pushed somone and you feel it is to late to do something, just wait and wehen he does it again just pick up the phone and call the police ...do not allow them to get you involved in this sort of activity just stop and call the police and claim work place harrassment..

never heard of a senior man being able to pick his run. Been doing this for 23 years. senior man picks start time, dispatch assigns runs how they want. or maybe claim self defense and shove him back.

never heard of a senior man being able to pick his run. Been doing this for 23 years. senior man picks start time, dispatch assigns runs how they want. or maybe claim self defense and shove him back.

You must be in PA terminal.. in the northeast we at new penn get starting times and an assigned area, such as 8 am boston or 5 am unassigned, or 6 am straight truck.... been with new penn for over 12 years yrc b4 that for 4yrs abf 4 yrs preston, red star, etc., every barn in northeast is the way I am telling you...new penn is run poorly in other parts of the country..

You must be in PA terminal.. in the northeast we at new penn get starting times and an assigned area, such as 8 am boston or 5 am unassigned, or 6 am straight truck.... been with new penn for over 12 years yrc b4 that for 4yrs abf 4 yrs preston, red star, etc., every barn in northeast is the way I am telling you...new penn is run poorly in other parts of the country..

New Penn is only in one part of the country. I'm in term.10. none of our runs are assigned to a bid. We bid a start time no run or equipment is attached to that start. Would be nice though to know were you are going every day. Most guys have assigned tractors though.

New Penn is only in one part of the country. I'm in term.10. none of our runs are assigned to a bid. We bid a start time no run or equipment is attached to that start. Would be nice though to know were you are going every day. Most guys have assigned tractors though.

Ditto here Raiman

You must be talking about unassigned starts...also if you both start at the same time the senior man does get to pick which run he has,but not the truck (unit).. senority prevails at all times..unless your local franchise (union local) gave that up.. and if your TM pushed somone and you feel it is to late to do something, just wait and wehen he does it again just pick up the phone and call the police ...do not allow them to get you involved in this sort of activity just stop and call the police and claim work place harrassment..
I must disagree with you. Seniority lets you pick starting times and puts you to work first over employees with less time. That's it. You can't pick your run or your truck[unit]. As for the TM pushing a employee that matter has to be resolved, don"t let him get away with it.

I worked 38 years in the NY/NJ area and every barn does not work like that. Yes you have starting times which are bid for by seniority, 8am shape jobs which put you to work by seniority, and some terminals which put certain men on the same p&d runs each day for their convenience, but the company does not have to send you on the same run everyday if they don"t want to. Your seniority only puts you to work before less senior members period.

I worked 38 years in the NY/NJ area and every barn does not work like that. Yes you have starting times which are bid for by seniority, 8am shape jobs which put you to work by seniority, and some terminals which put certain men on the same p&d runs each day for their convenience, but the company does not have to send you on the same run everyday if they don"t want to. Your seniority only puts you to work before less senior members period.

this is how it works at my terminal. back to the original point of this thread, it appears this has been squashed. Why ? i have no idea. the story i've heard was who ever witnessed the TM putting his hands on the steward doesn't want to put it on paper. Bob N was here yesterday and apparently left without reprimanding anyone.

ok,who is your tm,is it still todd? if so,hard to beleive he lost his cool,not that he isnt capable off doing so. just hard to belive he did.

NEW YORK STATE TEAMSTERS FREIGHT DIVISION OVER-THE-ROAD AND LOCAL CARTAGE SUPPLEMENTAL AGREEMENT

ARTICLE 66 - WORK ASSIGNMENTS (LOCAL CARTAGE OPERATIONS)

Where runs are not bid, employees in accordance with their seniority shall be allowed to select their assignments in particular areas,
but shall not be allowed to examine bills of lading or pick equipment.

we have bid start times