Terminal manager assaults female worker

so does HAVING THERE HANDS FULL JUSTIFY the placing on of hands or restraint of an employee when it is not justified. In most cases this is called assualt and or domestic violence AND THAT IS LAW, not teamster bylaws or any company policy.
So by ignoring this issue David, Ed, Ron K, and any other upper management are saying they are above the law

as was said about my post does mgmt really care what you think? Truth, i have never been asked what i think but i have told them during a meeting what i think knowing it like talking to the wall.Do they care,maybe ,will they change anything because you said something,likely not.But on the other side of the coin i have never had to sit in one of the high corp meeting and listen to what they have to deal with with regulations and gov't controls and wonder if the employees really care what they think.so i would say it works even.
I think you might have missed my point....which is that Mgmt. cares only about control and profit. The days of caring about employees and their families has long passed, at least at top levels. And since all other Mgmt. is judged by numbers it flows downhill. They all are better off if they can get us to work more for less.

This Company seems to have a attitude management can
do no wrong, hold them accountable for their actions.
As a employee how can you respect management when you see this kind of behavior go un-punished. Look and you will find other examples, a lot of info is out there you just have
look.

:chairshot: Im ready to bring down the burn barrel[/QUOTE]

Now you are threatening lives and threatening to destory things by starting a fire...Wonder what that makes you and what the police would say if something does happen like that...they will be at your door hauling you in

:chairshot: Im ready to bring down the burn barrel

Now you are threatening lives and threatening to destory things by starting a fire...Wonder what that makes you and what the police would say if something does happen like that...they will be at your door hauling you in

Could you enlighten us how he threatened lives? Do you know what a burn barrel is? Do you know how it is generally used on a picket line? Did he say he was going to destroy anything? Each time you post something you do nothing but continue to show off your ignorance and arrogance. You certainly make a wonderful mouthpiece for Roadway Ronnie.:butt kiss:

How much more fencing is in the emergency strike budget? Did you get it all paced out? I think the shop might have a 100 foot tape you could have used and you would have gotten a better measurement.:biglaugh:

Funny how when I previewed this the quote about the burn barrel got attributed to you. And I didn't have to do a thing.:hysterical:

:chairshot: Im ready to bring down the burn barrel

Now you are threatening lives and threatening to destory things by starting a fire...Wonder what that makes you and what the police would say if something does happen like that...they will be at your door hauling you in[/QUOTE]

Thats so funny. I guess this kinda proves that he is management...no one else wouldbe that dense :hysterical:

I havent been with the company for a huge amount of time, or in the business. Never been on strike, but I knew what he meant by the burn barrel the instant I read it.

i think the assulted victim should call barbara walters. seeing that she is the realitive of the owners of New England Motor Freight. and since they are especially tight now that the daughter of NEMF is dating paul mccartney maybe she could get some attention on national news. this is 2007. men grabbing women in the workplace is the biggest sign of personal weakness and in particular since it wasnt related to opposite sex makes is that much more **PATHETIC** he should be fired. zero tolerance for physical assault. :chairshot:

You know how zero tolerance works at Oak Harbor, if you are favored then there is tolerance and if not, you better watch your ***. I had to deliver to Oak Harbor a few days ago, they got the place locked up pretty tight. The only other place I have seen a fence like that is at USF 7,000 volts.

It's like a friend of mine said, you only build stuff like that if you are fearful that your own actions are underhanded in nature, its a guilt mechanism.

I just have one question, Whats left to guard after you stripped the livelihoods of people and families who have provided your family with years of prosperity? You have been fortunate in this life, your people will stand up, they have to, you are forcing them to. A family company yeah right, a vile, greed stricken, shell of what was once a family company. It's you bed, your actions speak for you, you can talk religion all you want, you can pray to be richer, I guess gods not listening hard enough.... just keep screwing you fellow man. Its time to come our way a little, every contract you have ratified in the last 15 years has been concessionary, don't confuse the kindness of our members for weakness, or you will be unpleasantly surprised.

how can this happen and go unpunished. A driver in Portland was being verbally assaulted and called names by a dock supervisor and he grabbed the guys labels to yell back in his face and was immediately terminated with no recourse and no way to get his job back.

So what's up with the Terminal Manager that grabbed the female worker? Is he working still or not? Did she file an assault complaint? Did the police show up to question the TM? It has been a couple days now. Behavior like this just can't be ignored, especially in today's lawyer dominated world.

Is this a proper way to show employees respect? I believe this was the same person, the former Safety Supervisor in Portland.

Gibson v. Oak Harbor Freight Lines Inc

Case Number: 3:2004cv00019
Filed: January 12, 2004

Court: Oregon District Court
Office: Portland Office [ Court Info ]
Presiding Judge: Honorable Anna J. Brown

Nature of Suit: Civil Rights - Employment
Cause: 28:1441 Petition for Removal - Employment Discrim
Jury Demanded By: None

LEFT ON THE JOB AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED!

Coburn v. Oak Harbor Freight Lines Inc

Case Number: 3:2006cv01522
Filed: October 26, 2006

Presiding Judge: Magistrate Judge Dennis J. Hubel

Cause: 42:1981 Job Discrimination (Race)
Jury Demanded By: Plaintiff

Sorry Truckenjoe, If these were fictional you'd have a right to complain. The person that commited these offenses is not there anymore but wouldn't you admit the company has double standards? Your posts appear to be from Management, SOOOoooo why was this allowed to happen twice?

Is this a proper way to show employees respect? I believe this was the same person, the former Safety Supervisor in Portland.

Gibson v. Oak Harbor Freight Lines Inc

Case Number: 3:2004cv00019
Filed: January 12, 2004

Presiding Judge: Honorable Anna J. Brown

Cause: 28:1441 Petition for Removal - Employment Discrim
Jury Demanded By: None

LEFT ON THE JOB AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED!

Coburn v. Oak Harbor Freight Lines Inc

Case Number: 3:2006cv01522
Filed: October 26, 2006

Presiding Judge: Magistrate Judge Dennis J. Hubel

Cause: 42:1981 Job Discrimination (Race)
Jury Demanded By: Plaintiff

Sorry Truckenjoe, If these were fictional you'd have a right to complain. The person that commited these offenses is not there anymore but wouldn't you admit the company has double standards? Your posts appear to be from Management, SOOOoooo why was this allowed to happen twice?

I don't know...it is wrong and I am not in management. It should not be tolerated I am sorry that it happened.

I have heard he is still working and Oak Harbor thinks she has blown her story out of proportion. "He only grabbed her for a few seconds so it isn't such a big deal". The company, if they haven't done anything by now, is only going to do something if forced to do it. They will not do anything about this on their own. This sends a bad message to the employees.

Maybe this is what ends up making Joe think that this great company is not all as what it appears.

I don't know...it is wrong and I am not in management. It should not be tolerated I am sorry that it happened.

Come on! We all know you are and no one cares anyway. This board is open to all as long as you follow the rules so why not admit it? You won't get beat up on any more or less. But to just lie about it is wrong and gutless. A non-answer would be better than to flat out deny the accusation.

Some time ago Ed VP came on here and announced who he is. If I remember right he even registered under his name. At least he had the guts to say who he is even though he didn't have to tell anyone. He could have just said his piece and let it go and no one would have cared.

What little respect I had left for you just went down the toilet.

I know the guy that was fired because he put his hands on a supervisor. How can it matter if it was 3 seconds or 30. If this is forgiven should my fellow past Oak Harbor employee get a lawyer to show that this behavior is tolorated or does this fall under the new 3 second rule where you can manhandle anyone for 3 seconds or less with no recourse

Maybe from the inside...

I am waiting for an explanation to all of the Auburn crew about such inexcusable actions regarding the physical assault (yes, it was). What happened was clearly over the line. I would be very disappointed if the VDPs would allow him to remain as TM.
Shhh. Maybe if nothing is said this will all blow over. Don't address the issue and maybe it never happened.
Maybe not.
Get real.

I agree, SHHHHHHH. That's the OHFL deals with important issues, "maybe if we say nothing, they'll forget". That sadly represents mgmnt at every level. No surprise there.

you have it right Shhhhhhhhhhhh and it goes away but don't be late for work because a drunk parked his car in the middle of the bridge and you can't get thru or you get deducted 1/2 day sick leave for 15 minutes late???????