SAIA | terminals closing

If BHM is swapin loads out at a customers facility,and there picking up ATL,MPS,NOL break frt,Why can't they p/u CLT break frt?? theirs 2 CLT drivers that go through their a night,one from TUP and one from MTG.BHM should be producing at least 3-4 CLT trls a night.Corparate has to approve all the buisness we attemped to get. Not only do the sales people have to sell service for us but they also have to sell the size,dimention,class,time customer closes,and all the other garbage that goes along with it to Corperate.

I worked for Saia in Salt Lake When the terminal manager and 5 dock workers got fired for stealing 52 inch. plasma tvs this past x-mas. since then they moved 2 miles to an old dominion terminal. they now have a new terminal manager and blacktop all around the terminal. Saia pays well, but needs to service their equipment better. Also I personally think with the corporate management they have in Georgia and the Insensitive H/R Regional Manager In Ca.(William S.)they will not survive with the times. They will find a way to fire you if you do not fit in with their program Illegally. Cover your ***no matter who you work for. The Driver will alway's make the call when it comes to safety.

did you guys close the stl,mo terminal because one day i drove by and about a couple weeks later drove by and trucks trailers and everything gone

are you guys closing down or just cutting back

I worked for Saia in Salt Lake When the terminal manager and 5 dock workers got fired for stealing 52 inch. plasma tvs this past x-mas. since then they moved 2 miles to an old dominion terminal. they now have a new terminal manager and blacktop all around the terminal. Saia pays well, but needs to service their equipment better. Also I personally think with the corporate management they have in Georgia and the Insensitive H/R Regional Manager In Ca.(William S.)they will not survive with the times. They will find a way to fire you if you do not fit in with their program Illegally. Cover your ***no matter who you work for. The Driver will alway's make the call when it comes to safety.

Is that the same William S. That used to be a terminal manager in Fontana Ca. for G.I. Trucking Company, years ago????? Teamster Elvis out......

did you guys close the stl,mo terminal because one day i drove by and about a couple weeks later drove by and trucks trailers and everything gone

still alive and pumpin as far as i know. they may have moved it and not told any of us linehaul drivers. they tend to do that.

I know they moved it better than a year ago. I remember going from Springfield, MO and doing a stl turn one night and directions to "new" stl term were posted on wall. Only been there once.

I work for another carrier (Conway) and I keep hearing rumors from customers about you guys closing your doors. I really hope they are wrong. I like SIIA and I hate to think about all of the families that rely on a check.

Freight

Don't know about you, but we've been really busy runnin 6 days a week. STL moved. I think they had a problem with flooding.

In our meeting, they said 5 terminals closed only had total of 50 ob bills a day. Not sure why the brains at corporate waited so long.:chairshot:

Just moved into a newly purchased 150 door terminal in GRL. Those predicting the demise of Saia are confused and misguided.

Keep on rackin up those miles.

with all of the ISO and RC certification crap they want us to do, i just don't see the writing on the walls. a 150 door non break bulk terminal you say? i guess i can see why they say texas is our biggest market.

how bout this angle?

with all of the ISO and RC certification crap they want us to do, i just don't see the writing on the walls. a 150 door non break bulk terminal you say? i guess i can see why they say texas is our biggest market.
Were you getting an extremely large amount of freight while the teamsters were in negotiations for the NMFA? Have you lost any tonage since the NMFA has been settled? As an NMFA member, I have seen a huge increase in tonage that I can not explain, whereas I saw a decrease during the negotiations.

Were you getting an extremely large amount of freight while the teamsters were in negotiations for the NMFA? Have you lost any tonage since the NMFA has been settled? As an NMFA member, I have seen a huge increase in tonage that I can not explain, whereas I saw a decrease during the negotiations.

actually i saw the same thing with Saia that you did with your company. i did not see any fluctuation during you guys' contract talks. maybe it is just that time of year?

I work for another carrier (Conway) and I keep hearing rumors from customers about you guys closing your doors. I really hope they are wrong. I like SIIA and I hate to think about all of the families that rely on a check.

saia is just trimming the fat:funky:

Ain't it amazing that they NEVER get rid of any corporate fat, just drivers that keep the money coming in and a few office and dock workers.