Central Transport | Terminals closing?

Load bars would be great, but most of the old trailers dont have the spots to snap them into. You can always go the route of buying and fixing up some stack racks, a.k.a. load decks, that wojld make the most sense. But there is one huge problem, vitran docks have no room to stage them, there is only 2 term that have the room, bensenville, and memphos, now i have not been to all terms but the ones i have been to have no room, another thing, thats how alot of freight gets damaged, drivers cutting corners too close to freight, rinning it over, lack of dunnage, you can probley stage all racks into a deadline trailer and put it up to the dock when u need it for outbound, but here comes a big pmroblem with that is, not enough ndock ldoors. I can keep ranting about vitran, but i think im going to stop, im letting go of the past ans looking towrds my promising future, good luck, " train, had enough, and not wanted. It was fun chatting with you 3

Load bars would be great, but most of the old trailers dont have the spots to snap them into. You can always go the route of buying and fixing up some stack racks, a.k.a. load decks, that wojld make the most sense. But there is one huge problem, vitran docks have no room to stage them, there is only 2 term that have the room, bensenville, and memphos, now i have not been to all terms but the ones i have been to have no room, another thing, thats how alot of freight gets damaged, drivers cutting corners too close to freight, rinning it over, lack of dunnage, you can probley stage all racks into a deadline trailer and put it up to the dock when u need it for outbound, but here comes a big pmroblem with that is, not enough ndock ldoors. I can keep ranting about vitran, but i think im going to stop, im letting go of the past ans looking towrds my promising future, good luck, " train, had enough, and not wanted. It was fun chatting with you 3
have a good one. enjoy your future endeavours.

Vitran ain't got no trailers to use load bars. Mark Koco Kosovec did not believe in them because PJAX did not use the Hub and Spoke, no need as they had density to load direct or do kick and picks . Of course we call that now the "Hub and Joke". Load tables are a complete joke, no one uses them at all. All current profitable carriers use load bars. Tables are labor intensive, add big time weight to the trailer "weight" capactiy. And then as you said Southsidestress, you have to find room to store all the load tables you do not use.

Use an old 53' swing door to trap your extra load racks. It's pretty easy to overload 2 load bars and if you're running pups the skids like to hop off the bars unless they are blocked in tight. Either way I haven't seen a new load bar, load lock or "real" RATCHET strap in a long time. Claims up? Hmmm....Fire most of your full time dock help that cared about their job and replace them with a revolving door of part timers.....Shocking! We lost the Firestone national account a few years back due to $40,000 in unpaid claims, all because people were too lazy to move tires the right way. Vitran could have helped itself by setting up the break bulks with a clamp attachment on 1 forklift, but now I'm getting crazy. The hub I go to used to have a slipsheet clamp on one of the older forklifts, now it's gone and they just tear the heck out of the bottom boxes with curled up forklift tines. We can go on and on about this but the reality is you can't make people care, either they do or they don't. Unfortunately Vitran has more people that don't.

Ah this is a classic thread for Vitran. It's something I have heard and continue to hear from management, we have to get damages under control. I do believe everyone agrees on this point. The first words the come out of my mouth are then get me the proper tools to do the job. Yes we have cardboard but I have repeatedly asked for load bars, more straps (I miss those ratchet straps, much higher weight rating.), and load tables yet it seems to fall on deaf ears. We have to make do with what we have on hand is the typical answer.

Even if we did have all the proper tools you still need the proper training to go with it. The majority of new employees are basically thrown into the deep end and expected to learn to swim.

I cannot imagine why claims never go down, another Vitran unexplained mystery.

I do love to Milan KR trailers, with the load bars built in. Get more of those!

Ok we will continue to crush the hell out of the freight...If we don't find a way to stop stacking freight in a incorrect manner...There are tools to help with this MAJOR problem....And if we don't want to use them then we will continue to pay out massive claims. I'm totally amazed at the stupity of our outbound manager's , It appears they just want it off the dock and really don't care if it gets damaged. No one is held accountable here, and until they are nothing will ever change....They should get their azz's on that dock and take pictures and find out who is doing this and fire their sorry no loading azz's.

Dock Man;1151988) I do love to Milan KR trailers said:
that is the Ancra lift a deck system i talked about before, ALL of conways truckload and most of their ltl trailers are equipped with this. we have 2 or 3 KR"S floating around. i have tried to take them to a certain customer who ships 500 pound skids under 4 foot tall and park it next to fxf and conway that have these decks, explaining that one truckload and then sending someone in for what's left is a waste, a 48 double decker can do a lot more than a regular 53, like usual, it fell on deaf ears (most things that make sense do anymore)

No one is held accountable here, and until they are nothing will ever change....

Give the man a prize! Number one issue facing Vitran, zero accountability.

Keep hearing that these dock scanners are going to fix that, bull****. All you need to do is open your eyes and look.

And thats why this company will continue to struggle. Until they get OS&D in order.......They are so stupid.....Why go after new accts until we fix at least some of that problem...Its our #1 problem....Hire someone new to address only that issue....Pay them 100K a year....It would be worth it.

Hire ME years of experience in transportation started as billing clerk and up to office manager with top LTL carriers. OS&D - freight operations and freight claims.

Last edited by a moderator:
you too good for vitran? are you the same lisa on ice road truckers? lol.

I'm sorry, from what I've seen my dog is too good for Vitran. She would actually care about doing the job RIGHT, unlike many of the people with whom my husband has had interaction. When I worked in the industry, had I done my job HALF as sloppily I would not have had it for long. This company could be amazing, but the few that actually care are far outweighed by the ones that don't give a rat's patootie about doing the right thing as long as they still get paid. And no, not from Ice Road Truckers - show me ice and you'll see my backside as I get as far away from that stuff as I can possibly get. Snow, ice - keep it. I want nothing to do with it. LOL