R&L | Terminals for sale or lease

Moparman

TB Regular
Credits
Question for you R&L guys.How come your company has a bunch of terminals up for sale or lease?I was checking out i think it was RLR investments which is one of your bosses other companies and i seen a :shit:t load of your terminals on there.

rlr owns huge terminals others operate out of out west (OD conway Estes I checked that web site earlier this year they also share sites with other carriers

also when r&l has purchased other truck lines most had several terminals that r&l does not need or want to operate out of. so selling those terminals defrays the purchase price of those trucking companies.

yes and if you look at the terminals that are on this site they are not for sale or lease it says they are and have a long term lease now it is a tax thing. they are not for sale

I know where we are Fed Ex Freight and Ward lease terminals from R+L. They get the smaller terminals that we wouldn't be able to operate out of. We already have problems with the site we're in now, but we manage.

They probably own the terminal you work out of. They owned alot of the terminals out west for years before we moved out there. If you knew anything about Larry Sr. you would know that over the years he has moved more into real estate than trucking. He could shut R&L down today and still wheel and deal with Donald Trump. If you are ever on your way down I-75 in Fla, check out the house sitting on the hill around mile marker 358-you can't miss it it's the biggest one you'll see in Fla.-that's his house. It is also where Miss Mary has her horses. It's officially Roberts Horses,but Miss Mary runs that. Oh yeah-did I mention that he's the largest land owner in the state of Ohio? I could go on and on,but why do I need to tell you-you obviously don't work for the man.

Fed-Ex is one of our biggest tennants along with Old Dominion. They have been for years. As a matter of fact Moparman you might be working out of a terminal we own!!! Do a property search on your terminal and see who owns it.I believe Fed-Ex leases about 40 buildings from Mr. Roberts.

It sounds like they are smart business people.There's more money in real estate then there is in trucking.By they way,i work for Roadway and i don't think we lease any terminals from R&L.I could be wrong but i doubt it!

ANYMORE!!! Don't kid yourself,I'm not so sure that everything he owns is listed there. How much farm land in Ohio is listed there?

No Family owned property is listed,just corp owned (RLR Investments). Some of it is farm land,and a few trailer parks ,as I recall. Just to clarify, "R&L Carriers" owns NO property.

How many of you have had old men or customers tell you the only real investment was real estate. they were right. Sr. a few years backsent us a memo that in our travels with R&L if we saw any freight terminals for sale or industrial property for sale. to send him a picture and info about it .I have not seen a memo telling us to stop.