Yellow | Terminals too large to consolidate

hilo342

TB Regular
Credits
So is anyone working at a terminal that it look's too large to consolidate? In Kansas City, Roadway has a 175 door dock on the west side of town, Yellow has a 200 plus door dock, plus a major shop on the east side of town, 20 miles apart. Too much freight for one dock and too far apart to run inbound/outbound docks.

There is no barn to large .Look what they did to the huge roadway barns in stoudsburg,harrisburg ,winston,greenville sc,hagerstown.The big ones had as high as 1000 people there they now have 300-400 if that many, to as low as 70,and yellow is now in part of there docks.There is no one safe with cut,cut [Dollar Bill]in charge.

There is no barn to large .Look what they did to the huge roadway barns in stoudsburg,harrisburg ,winston,greenville sc,hagerstown.The big ones had as high as 1000 people there they now have 300-400 if that many, to as low as 70,and yellow is now in part of there docks.There is no one safe with cut,cut [Dollar Bill]in charge.

Roadway Carlisle 660 road,yard,dock and city. Yellow 105 road,dock and yard. Before all this started Roadway at its peek was 1400 including shop and maintenance. I would think that when all the merging starts they will fill that terminal up to capacity. The question is from were. Some say part of Lancaster Yellow will come in here but who knows time will tell.

Chezzzz...Both companies have 2 large breakbulks in Atlanta.....they will utilize both, beleive me....Moreland will be the South Atlanta terminal and Marietta will be the North Atlanta terminal.....NOTHING is impossible.....KK

Yes KK as I hear from our TM there will be a lot of consideration for splitting terminals into zone areas as you said North-South or East-West......apparently that is his being considered for us.......

Correct me if I'm wrong. I think the original poster of this thread is saying that certain cities cannot put terminals together(all freight in 1 terminal) because the barn(s) aren't large enough. An example would be Chicago, Yellow has about a 300 door road dock and 100 or more door city dock at the same location. Always full and very busy there.....Roadway has a very large terminal as well (the Heights) that would not fit in Yellows terminal and vice versa.

it might not be possible to put all employees under one roof but in the chicago area the redistribution of the p&d areas would occur and district runs would be different. remember bill said one driver to one stop. think of the fuel savings on that alone.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I think the original poster of this thread is saying that certain cities cannot put terminals together(all freight in 1 terminal) because the barn(s) aren't large enough. An example would be Chicago, Yellow has about a 300 door road dock and 100 or more door city dock at the same location. Always full and very busy there.....Roadway has a very large terminal as well (the Heights) that would not fit in Yellows terminal and vice versa.

I think you got it there Roadhazard.
I dont feel its anthing to worry about though.
If you are in a larger terminal and the doors are full as is the doors of yellows terminal than you can pretty much relax a little, smile and look for very sutle changes. The corporation is not looking to loose customers to consolidate dock space. Another perfect example of a stale mate situation at the moment is 135 and Lancaster. Both of these terminals are sharing space at the moment and do have the potential to fill to capacity so I think they will be looking at sensable zoning of the work to please customers and promote growth both financialy and resourcefully.
AS far as mr. dollars.......Well ,I think you can turn that one down a bit now. He will be watching from a safe distance.....lol. The man in charge of operations at the moment is now president of yrcw incorporated mr. Mike S.

The stewards at Chicago were told they are leaving the large terminals alone. HOWEVER, you will be able to go to each other's terminals as a via or a bed. VOLUME is the deciding factor. They still want to give the customer their P&D choice.

Two years ago, Roadway Indy's Teminal Parking lot was expanded, repaved. Now , today, Yellow Indy's Parking lot is being repaved, and new phone computers are being put in.

I see this as Good News, for now, anyway.....

Bill Zollars must laugh at all these post while hes sipping on his martinis and turning to his ole lady and saying,look hon i got these teamsters right were i want them!

Hilo,
There have been people out taking soil samples and doing survey work at KCM. Something is in the works for that terminal. We will find out when it is done.