XPO | Termination review board

Am I missing something here? Since when is rolling up one's sleeve and scratching one's an arm a gesture of a "white" person? Aren't people allowed to scratch an itch anymore without becoming a spectacle?

This is crap. Here is what I would do if it were me. I would find a way to raise money, gofundme, friends, family, whatever. After I had money, I'd hire an attorney and I would sue the company and I would have these two people who dimed me out, deposed under oath. I would also have everyone in my chain of command deposed under oath as well. Who knows, something may come of it, or at least I would get the satisfaction of watching the rats squirm.

Awful story and I hope everything works out in the right way. This isn't the only job out there for sure but getting the rug pulled on anyone is flat wrong. Surprised they didn't throw in trucks being burned too. There's a long list of open cases against Conway and xpo in front of the labor board. I would add to it. If in the end the outcome is simply unfair then it's just another stain on what can happen in the fight against having representation

This is crap. Here is what I would do if it were me. I would find a way to raise money, gofundme, friends, family, whatever. After I had money, I'd hire an attorney and I would sue the company and I would have these two people who dimed me out, deposed under oath. I would also have everyone in my chain of command deposed under oath as well. Who knows, something may come of it, or at least I would get the satisfaction of watching the rats squirm.
Im not a lawyer, but Im shure you have to do more than talk about it, these are not nice people!

Move on with your life.They tried firing me on some BS and I quit during the conference call... other carriers LTL and truckload know the kind of BS that these people are full of ..

At-will means that an employer can terminate an employee at any time for any reason, except an illegal one, or for no reason without incurring legal liability. Likewise, an employee is free to leave a job at any time for any or no reason with no adverse legal consequences.

The company policy ( on discrimination An harassment) take prescient over all in this case.
The NLRB can do nothing for you.

At-will means that an employer can terminate an employee at any time for any reason, except an illegal one, or for no reason without incurring legal liability. Likewise, an employee is free to leave a job at any time for any or no reason with no adverse legal consequences.

The company policy ( on discrimination An harassment) take prescient over all in this case.
The NLRB can do nothing for you.
They don't even have to tell you why they fired you if they so chose. Under law the only way to force them to tell you is to file a complaint with the EEOC. Then they have to tell you. Most companies to protect themselves do it in steps & document it. That way it backs up why they fired you & avoid costly litigation. But, they still don't have to tell you unless compelled by a court or a ALJ.

They don't even have to tell you why they fired you if they so chose. Under law the only way to force them to tell you is to file a complaint with the EEOC. Then they have to tell you. Most companies to protect themselves do it in steps & document it. That way it backs up why they fired you & avoid costly litigation. But, they still don't have to tell you unless compelled by a court or a ALJ.
Its amazing the lawyers that drive trucks!

Has anyone had to appeal to this?

It's now Sunday and I don't know your current status but here's my two cents...
everyone facing termination should exercise their right for a TRB hearing (termination review board). It is your chance for "due process", your chance to be heard and for you to listen. While we were still Con-Way, more than 50% of the hearings resulted in the employee keeping their job. But as we all know it's a different environment both within the company and socially. I think everyone agrees that every terminal, every region have their own culture within the culture identified as XPO. It may or may not be to your advantage that the TRB hearing involves the upper level of company management, I won't arm chair quarterback anyone's situation. For me I would build my own defense on our old principles, safety, integrity, commitment and excellence. I'd base my reasons for remaining employed on my history of and my ability to fulfill these elements.

I hope that It works out for you, Sounds like a set up from the get go. Rest assured that they are not the only Trucking Company out there. I am not even topped out yet but earning better mileage pay at my new job.
Keep your chin up!!!!

Its amazing the lawyers that drive trucks!
Quick, find the Lawyer Po Po. At the very least I should be issued a summons to appear in court for practicing law without a license. With any luck I can live with probation, pay a small fine, & write a best seller titled 'Why I quit trucking & went to law school'. Now all I gotta do is find a Publisher. von. PS All the labor laws are different in each state. The law in Indiana as of 11 months ago is like I stated. I had to give a deposition in an employment legal matter & while talking with one of the lawyers he mentioned the law in Indiana is like that. They don't have to tell you why, just that you are fired. You can file a complaint with the EEOC in Indianapolis that you feel you were wrongfully terminated or discriminated & then the company has to disclose why you were fired. By then their attorney has the perfect answer to the reason of termination. But most companies do it the right way & document different infractions of the company rules then fire you & have evidence that protects them. They can show a progression of your lack of performance in your job or compliance of the rules. They are in the driver seat the whole way when it comes to you working, or not.

Last edited: