Terre Haute, IN Driver failed to slow for traffic

http://www.tribstar.com/news/update...cle_aaaee1b6-3824-11e7-b15b-1b6b87c0ddc8.html
Driver of the rear truck and all the people in the car were killed.
Sad stuff. It seems to be happening more and more. Drivers tired? Drivers on their cell phones? In broad daylight, he can't see traffic stopped or slowed ahead? At least "in the old days" when CB radios were in just about all trucks, a trucker knew about a traffic situation like this miles before he got there. Not so now with cell phones. I'd like to know what they find on that driver's cell phone at the time of the crash. Was he talking, playing video games or just plain too tired? I've personally seen a few like this. Don't want to see any more.

We recently had cameras installed. .... I wasn't happy with them. ... but you know it took me about week or two to realize how much safer and better driver it made me. ...seriously I'm not really good with change. .... ELD was not a big deal. ... now if a truck don't have one I'm not happy. ... cameras make you use your turn signals. ... not follow so close. ..also not touch your phone. It can wait. Headset. ..Bluetooth is the way to go.

Bottom line. ... I feel that it made me a safer and courteous driver. ... which we need more of.

We recently had cameras installed. .... I wasn't happy with them. ... but you know it took me about week or two to realize how much safer and better driver it made me. ...seriously I'm not really good with change. .... ELD was not a big deal. ... now if a truck don't have one I'm not happy. ... cameras make you use your turn signals. ... not follow so close. ..also not touch your phone. It can wait. Headset. ..Bluetooth is the way to go.

Bottom line. ... I feel that it made me a safer and courteous driver. ... which we need more of.
The sad thing is that we shouldn't have to inflict this upon ourselves. We should just BE that better driver that we all can be. But too many drivers NEED the eye on them to FORCE them to be professional. It's sad.

The sad thing is that we shouldn't have to inflict this upon ourselves. We should just BE that better driver that we all can be. But too many drivers NEED the eye on them to FORCE them to be professional. It's sad.
These cameras are being installed because of the new breed of drivers. ... just like the fleet is changing over to automatics. ... I still say cell phones should be disabled over the speed of 5 mph.... Bluetooth is fine for talking but everything else disabled.