Texas Rangers Unveil Massive 'Champion Dog'

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by R-14Driver, Mar 24, 2012.

1. R-14Driver

R-14Driver Well-Known Member

The Fenway Frank and Dodger Dog need to make some room because there is a new champion coming this season.

The "Champion Dog" at Rangers Ballpark measures nearly two feet long and weighs a pound, before any toppings are added. The all-beef frank includes a mountain of shredded cheese, chili and sautéed onions. The meal comes with a pile of fries and is designed for four people. At $26, it has a price tag to match too. ............

........."We just thought a one-pound hot dog would be a fun thing to do, more so for the look," he said. "Hopefully people will enjoy it. Everything is bigger in Texas, including the hot dogs!"

This isn't the first over-sized food ploy by the Rangers to try to get fans attention. Last year they offered a three-pound pretzel. This year, they're setting their sights on the one item synonymous with watching a baseball game. Hot dogs are the No. 1 seller at MLB stadiums and more than 25 million are consumed at games each year...............

Texas Rangers Unveil Massive 'Champion Dog' | ThePostGame

[​IMG]

2. mud

mud Wonderin'

I hope the price includes a package of Rolaids.

3. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

Nope...I ain't gonna do it.......

4. Stan Smith

Stan Smith Moderator

$26..... Come on man!

5. Roadrunner73

Roadrunner73 Well-Known Member

For 4 people. $6.50 per person, but most will say I'm still hungry. Or have that uncomfortable feeling as they watch the game.